Tropefia - A PYP - N5: Downed Guy (11/24) (need replacement)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tropefia - A PYP - N5: Downed Guy (11/24) (need replacement)
RE: Tropefia - A PYP -D1: For Realsies (24/24)
Still feeling a 2create lynch, he hasn't really proved himself in my eyes just yet.

The Cat lynch is awful and I want Cali to die because of his role in it. Mirdini policy lynching is one thing, but he is sheeping him so hard.

Actually yeah I feel like Cali's scum more than 2create, so vote:calibornio
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Dangit, I meant to say that Cali is sheeping Dini so hard.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Q Game Meta: Half the players lurk
6 to softlynch. 13 to hardlynch.

Mirdini (1) - TehPilot
Seastorm (1) - frigidScholar
Garuru (1) - myw
Cat (5) - Mirdini, Cat, 2create, Red709, calibornio
Red709 (3) - cyber95, Palamedes
2create (2) - Garuru, konec0
Credit (2) - Kieros, LeafSw0rd
Purple Walrus (3) - Scoffles, yd12k, SupahKiven
Calibornio (1) - Garuru

Day ends in 28 hours.
Okay, so... I'm not really feeling the Cat lynch. I haven't really played with this group so I have no idea what the meta is, but doing a 'policy lynch' really sounds like a poor excuse to lynch some scapegoat. (Plus I don't really rank meta as a valid argument anyway)

Mind you, I'm not exactly adverse to the lynch since Cat isn't really helping us figure out things and seems to be just asking to be lynched, but this really seems like an easy excuse lynch with no basis to it.

I'm more suspicious about the people on the Cat lynch really. Mirdini seems reasonable with his posts, but I'm not sure why he has this huge focus on lynching Cat when I feel she hasn't done anything worth having a huge wagon on her besides taunting the sheeple that are following him. he has a null with a town leaning to me. I'm not sure about 2create, I'll post something about him later. I feel like Red is more townish mostly because of the weird piling on him that happened earlier as well as that most of his votes have reasons behind them rather than just jumping onto bandwagons. Although Calibornio's jump on this wagon looks absolutely terrible. There's next to no reasoning behind it and just seems like scum trying to pile on an easy lynch. Plus the weird defense of PW earlier who is currently lurking hard doesn't make him look any better. So with that...

Unvote Vote Calibornio
Lolwut?
But frigidScholar I made a post last page. It had a whole opinion and everything.

But seriously I'm going to start saying what I think now.

Credit and Leafsw0rd are looking pretty suspicious in my books. Leafsw0rd because he has only made one post just saying, "I'm contributing to the discussion!" and then made a vote. Credit because he was changing his vote all the time at the beginning, and now has suddenly gone quiet.

I'm still not to sure on Mirdini meta lynch. It's seems like he's going for an easy lynch.
Hey hey I'm not getting quiet, my response to Scoffles is in progress, give me some time.
I'ma explain the Cat lynch more. First of all, I'm kind of annoyed that Cat usually gets to stay in the game until LYLO when she just kind of lurks. That's not really a good reason for voting her, but it's the truth. Second, this seems like a historic occasion, I don't think Cat's ever been lynched D1 and I wanted to be part of it. I will admit that Mirdini's townreads look slightly questionable, (including me, because I haven't really been doing many good posts), but metagaming isn't a good reason. Maybe Cat's acting more trolly because this is a less serious mafia (when you consider it was pretty hard to tell RVS apart from normal mafia).
noting that basically everyone I've noted I don't particularly like the look of is coming out against the Cat lynch which seems pretty special

calibornio's reasons for lynching cat are meta as heck but hey that's the foundation of the lynch no bones about it
Well... maybe it's since it's a lynch with no basis on anything and you only like the look of people who agree with you.
Lolwut?
It really seems like your some sort of scum trying to get a following of town that agree to your wishes and will basically agree with whatever lynch you go for.

And if anyone disagrees with you, you say that they're scummish looking to make people suspicious against them.
Lolwut?
Sorry guys, I thought the thread was still in jokes mode. Ma b. I'm gonna read through the thread now.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
(05-22-2013, 02:22 AM)frigidScholar Wrote: »Well... maybe it's since it's a lynch with no basis on anything and you only like the look of people who agree with you.

scholar let me put it this way: the concept behind the cat lynch is that if we don't see her hang today, she will probably KEEP thbbbbpppptthhing at us until late game and regardless of her alignment, we won't get enough evidence to lynch her until the "all or nothing" stage because she'll be lurk-cruisin' her way through and we can't afford to lynch da lurkers all the time

and it's not like she hasn't done it before; literally her entire meta has become "ignore it, that's cat she'll just lurk and try to do things behind the scenes without actually participating publicly" which is honestly a terrible meta

'course, meta is frikkin horrible in general so personally I just want to lynch her to prove to her she CAN be lynched so she'll maybe do things in future games

you have a point but I still want the kitty to hang
also she thhppppppbbbbpppthhh'd at me

Law states thus is punishable by lynching
On a hunch, I think 2create's bandwagoning on cat is a scum trying to sneak a town lynch and then holding up the "new to these things" card when it backfired. I'm at like a 70% feel for this right now.

Also looking at cyber's thing here:
(05-17-2013, 08:44 AM)cyber95 Wrote: »Lynch: Red for being kind of a dick.

SpoilerShow
might be gathering public approval via meta-disdain for Red. Prolly something I'd try to do as scum. Not sure about his double-voting reveal, whether that's some kinda xanatos gambit or he just fumbled.

Too messy over cat to see clearly, with the policy vote stuff going on. It's impossible to tell what's "the joke" and what's pushing for the lynch. except w/ 2create, but i went over that. Good job breaking it, heroes.

We're prolly not gonna hit scum this round. I'm gonna abstain voting atm, and hope the mafia steps on pilot and gets grannied. And that pilot's actually a granny. Nice wine in front of me, there.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
~21 hours to deadline

(05-22-2013, 03:20 AM)Gnauga Wrote: »We're prolly not gonna hit scum this round. I'm gonna abstain voting atm

Statistically speaking we're never going to be more likely to hit scum until the scum have already won assuming random odds. That's sort of the point of them being a minority.

The point of lynching today (assuming no scum outright claims/is super super obvious) is honestly more for the information that lynch gives us which'll serve us well on future days ALONG with the chance that we lynch scum (which is still non-negligible!).

Wouldn't mind the people who haven't weighed in on a Cat lynch to weigh in on it though I'm not getting my hopes up (lookin' at you SupahKiven, myw, yd12k, MathGirl, Palamedes, Credit, Kieros, cyber et al.)

Sure as hell want the lynch to go through now, to the point where I'm almost willing to bet my life on the outcome.

Anyway for those who aren't 'in' on the deal with Cat lynch: curiousCat is historically speaking a player who does not participate an awful lot unless it suits her, and more often than not barely posts until late late laaaate into the game. Because of this people never lynch her despite her lack of content because it's 'just cat'. Policy lynches for this play have been proposed before but usually fizzle because 'policy lynches are bad'.

Well I am here to tell you that while they may strictly speaking be sub-optimal in a best case scenario, in this particular game I think pursuing what was originally a policy cat lynch is in the best interests of the town - both because I'm willing to bet on Cat's being scum (though it's about as likely as most people on my 'don't really like the look of' list) and more importantly because it will sure as hell be an interesting and informative day one lynch.

Which is more than I can say for a myriad of alternative lynches/fastlynches (such as the heavily subscribed '2create has said bad things lynch him' which is basically the easiest cop-out lynch in the field. Not saying 2create is 100% town in my book, but if he does flip town no-one's going to take any flak for it because 'oh no his play was weird you can't blame anyone for that' and the stuff around him leads me to believe that that is indeed the case).

'But dini, policy lynching Cat is also a cop-out!' I hear you cry. Nope. If Cat flips town I will take full responsibility for the lynch and if you see fit to lynch me tomorrow over it I won't blame you. I'll certainly fight against it, but you'd be well within reason to do so. (Please try not to vig me though, I'd much rather be able to leave my suspicions on the table after the flip). If she flips scum, it was pure goddamn luck that rolled it that way, and her death should not be considered to 'clear' me in any fashion (because that's what my play during subsequent days should be doing).

and I mean finally there's the added bonus of finally bonking Cat over the head with the news that her lurkin' it up until super late-game isn't going to make her any more long-lived than actually posting/playing a decent amount in said games of arguments n' words.
(05-22-2013, 03:20 AM)Gnauga Wrote: »On a hunch, I think 2create's bandwagoning on cat is a scum trying to sneak a town lynch and then holding up the "new to these things" card when it backfired. I'm at like a 70% feel for this right now.

I'm only new to softlynch and to experienced players.
Okay I've been watching long enough and I'm gonna say I don't like the Catlynch. "she posted a picture making fun of me" is not a particularly compelling argument, and it's been a pretty hard push just for some metagame bullshit. Personally, I'm not liking 'Dini and co right now

then again if dini were scum it'd be obvious who else would be scum? Like, too obvious? Like "what kind of mafia would make it this obvious" obvious?

I don't even know. I'mma unvote for now.
The only thing about me being relatively new to mafias is that I can be unpredictable because I'm still figuring out how to play. But that's something that I've shown today generally, not just in my effort(?) to lynch Cat.
(05-22-2013, 05:29 AM)cyber95 Wrote: »Okay I've been watching long enough and I'm gonna say I don't like the Catlynch. "she posted a picture making fun of me" is not a particularly compelling argument, and it's been a pretty hard push just for some metagame bullshit. Personally, I'm not liking 'Dini and co right now

I literally spelled out the argument two posts above you and it certainly isn't that (as much as Red wants it to be?)
you people seem to be failing to understand that I'm joking about that? how tho
(05-22-2013, 05:29 AM)cyber95 Wrote: »Okay I've been watching long enough and I'm gonna say I don't like the Catlynch. "she posted a picture making fun of me" is not a particularly compelling argument, and it's been a pretty hard push just for some metagame bullshit. Personally, I'm not liking 'Dini and co right now

then again if dini were scum it'd be obvious who else would be scum? Like, too obvious? Like "what kind of mafia would make it this obvious" obvious?

I don't even know. I'mma unvote for now.

you say that, but there's a good chance there IS scum on this wagon if Cat is town. Scum will usually go for the easy lynch :|

tho honestly this lynch is harder than the 2create or PW lynches
Due to the forum outage, day will now end on the 23rd, at 8:00PM MST.

With that said, that means there are 22 hours until day ends.
Ugh kind of tempted to vote Cat just so we can lynch someone

I'm not sure if I entirely agree with the whole "policy lynch" thing but if she is in fact generally super-unhelpful than leaving her alive does not really help us in any way besides possibly giving us a buffer against the mafia

you know what it's only soft-lynch as is and I can always change my vote if any compelling reason arises within the next 22 hours, Vote: Cat
hey forums are back

for the record i'm still against Catlynch

we're not going to get much out of the flip because a) policy lynch and b) policy lynch
which means all the info we get is A Flip

also all we've been talking about for a while is Catlynch which is really a debate on policy lynch y/n so again not much out of that. there goes half our D1

not very productive

kinda want to look at garuru but for now i'm sleep
actually we get some info based on how people were jumping on the wagon/pushing against it based on her flip catboss