[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna]: 6/28
(06-30-2017, 04:39 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »Yea, i mean, they didn't say it would be PERMANENT, would they now? :o
Hermes seems convinced that the person who kills him is a hero or a god in disguise. So yeah, it's permanent.
I'll go off on a limb and suggest maybe Sonny is the one who'd do that. There's no one in our crew who would even want to kill Hermes, so it might be him. Or he might die in this roomtrap, who knows
>Hermes, have you considered that the behavior you're showing right now IS what leads to your death in the first place? You KNOW what you're doing is wrong, trapping the player in this and forcing a conflict.
(07-03-2017, 03:21 PM)zobot257 Wrote: »>Hermes, have you considered that the behavior you're showing right now IS what leads to your death in the first place? You KNOW what you're doing is wrong, trapping the player in this and forcing a conflict.

I don't know, deathsight is a little wibbly-wobbly. When he was trying to save his friend from the user in the side story he say his friends ETR rapidly drop until his friend was ripped apart. Or maybe I misremember?
(07-03-2017, 03:44 PM)Futurdreamz Wrote: »I don't know, deathsight is a little wibbly-wobbly. When he was trying to save his friend from the user in the side story he say his friends ETR rapidly drop until his friend was ripped apart. Or maybe I misremember?

I'll admit that I don't fully remember that part of the story, but eeeeh. I don't really buy the fact that Hermes death is so immutable. Quite frankly, I think that he's becoming the architect of his own destruction, and trying to talk him down before it happens.

Consider! What we HAD almost resembling a plan was postulated by Helios: Get as many gods on our side, as well as as many limbo gods, as possible. Get them powered up to as strong as we could, and get them to help us fight The Sun God. That, to my knowledge, was our original plan. The only way to unlock a god's greatest abilities that we know of is to befriend that god. To max their social links, to borrow Persona parliance. Soooo, it mechanically makes no SENSE for us to kill Hermes unless we want to claim his powers for ourselves, or for a god we favor. Doing that with Hephestus, however, gave us diminishing returns. We DIDN'T get all of Hephestus' powers. We got a fraction of them. And currently I see no reason why giving the powers of a god to another god instead of ourselves wouldn't work the same way regarding diminishing returns.

So unless I am missing something, from a cold, purely mechanical perspective, the best way to get the most out of Hermes power set is to keep Hermes alive and bond with him as a person.

And that's not factoring in the morality of it. Hermes is, for all intents and purposes, a person. He might be a person with no ethical qualms against killing crew members (Like most gods, it's likely he doesn't really see them as people) but he's a person with feelings and sentience, and honestly deserves to be allowed to live so long as long as his actions don't endanger other people. Now... well, given Herme's life, you might argue that he's probably killed people before, or at least has no empathy for most people and may DESERVE death, buuut. Eh. I don't subscribe to that myself. If I wanted to get soppy and Kumbyah about it, I'd argue that Hermes should be allowed to live and have a chance at redemption for any sins he may have committed. But he just had to get in our WAY here, which complicates things. His actions aren't threatening us specifically, but by potentially denying us our full Fortuna rewards, he's actively inhibiting our chances to SAVE THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE from destruction/corruption at the Sun God's hands.

But I'm sorry. I was on a tangent. I didn't mean to get into Ethics. Hermes behavior makes the most sense as that of a terrifed, paranoid person. He's afriad of death, and probably not thinking straight. But the course of action he's taken to try and prevent his death is actively adversarial towards people, which in my opinion actively INCREASES his chances of death. He's only giving our avatar, plus probably Athena and maybe even Helios, more of a reason to see killing him as a good idea. By taking this stand of his, he's making himself an obstacle instead of an ally. Even if everyone gets out of this alive, you can bet Athena and Helios probably won't be happy with him.

The best thing Hermes could have done, in my humble opinion, would have been to either flee the player as soon as he possibly could (Assuming he was afraid that someone in the player's crew was a danger) or to ally himself firmly with the player, since we control MOST of our crew and can presumably protect him from any of our own crew as well as from the gods we have as patreons and from external threats. It's understandable why he wouldn't have drawn those conclusions, though. He had no reason to trust us and we didn't go out of our way to reassure him. But still, the actions he's taking are ones born out of desperation, and he needs to be talked DOWN before someone or something does something drastic that kills him.

Both mechanically and from a social perspective, we're better off with Hermes alive than dead.

Also, why does he think one of our crew is a danger to him? A hiddne god or a hero, I think he said?
He believes there is one because he knows we could have roomtrapped him and offed him the moment we saw him in the closet. He knew we were there, and we did nothing. Ergo, if the death clock doesn't point to us being the reason of his death....

You made some great points, by the way! c: i doubt anyone would want to off hermes from what I've seen (because Hermes has been pretty nice so far!) so for now, he's probably ok! Although if he attacks us... that's really another question. Let's just hope not.
(07-04-2017, 10:53 AM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »He believes there is one because he knows we could have roomtrapped him and offed him the moment we saw him in the closet. He knew we were there, and we did nothing. Ergo, if the death clock doesn't point to us being the reason of his death....

You made some great points, by the way! c: i doubt anyone would want to off hermes from what I've seen (because Hermes has been pretty nice so far!) so for now, he's probably ok! Although if he attacks us... that's really another question. Let's just hope not.

Thank you!

Only tangentally related to the situation at hand, we do have another thing worth focusing on, however:

>Helios: Listen, I want to thank you. It's obvious that the Operation Solar Flare stuff is not something you want to think about, but you were still willing to address the topic to save our crewmembers, and consequentially to benefit us. I hope you understand that it's very much appreciated. This is a tense and difficult situation for everyone, but I want to thank you as much as I can for being willing to aaddress this on our behalf. You're a good friend. :)
Aw dude, Zobot, it's great to see old readers resurfacing.
(07-12-2017, 09:06 AM)Spish Wrote: »Aw dude, Zobot, it's great to see old readers resurfacing.

Heh. I hope the game's still going! I kept checking up on it every so oftne, but I missed the whole Hephestus thing. >< Nice to see you too!
[Image: T0KG3Z9.gif]

[Image: r5Olrq9.gif]

[Image: QWntF6q.gif]

[Image: IrhiTUs.gif]

[Image: zsA1fwN.gif]

[Image: VpgxGkE.gif]

[Image: WnPxutB.gif]

[Image: v5q0865.png]

[Image: w2sbb0V.gif]

[Image: tU9iri0.gif]

[Image: hcFNd0c.gif]

((Awesome boss opening art by Hermes on the forums!))
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
If for whatever reason the questions continue, and the game doesn't end after Mors's question: "I get to have the next question, guys, unless Mors has another." (Prepare Querry: "What was 'the truth' you were alluding to when you said you didn't think it was fair that 'Polly' was in the tutorial?")

(And yeah, we already know the answer, but just about nobody else does. I'm not preparing a more direct question like "did you trap the wrong Apollo in the tutorial" because I'm curious to see whether he'll try to deceive us (as we're feigning ignorance by phrasing it this way). If he does lie, we get to find out what happens when he gets a question wrong.)
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal
(07-19-2017, 12:31 AM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »If for whatever reason the questions continue, and the game doesn't end after Mors's question: "I get to have the next question, guys, unless Mors has another." (Prepare Querry: "What was 'the truth' you were alluding to when you said you didn't think it was fair that 'Polly' was in the tutorial?")

(And yeah, we already know the answer, but just about nobody else does.
The truth is that apollo got wrongfully imprisoned, no? Most gods know that apollo is not guilty because he is the roman apollo and not the corrupted greek one, because this was made public during a meeting.
RE: [Fortuna]: 7/18
> Hey Mors. After you're done doing whatever with Hermes can you tell us what happened to Apollo R? Assuming you're ignoring us, Helios could you tell us what Mors did with Apollo R or ask for us? Thanks.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
[Image: SYIJW0g.gif]

[Image: cFolfw0.gif]

[Image: 42nNyzz.gif]

[Image: XXB93kF.gif]

[Image: aBw0rkG.gif]

[Image: 1IxPPyQ.gif]

[Image: ItQz4nH.gif]

[Image: VYkAZcI.gif]

[Image: 4ZBSNgY.gif]

[Image: uYKHaNR.gif]

[Image: UTQUEQI.gif]

[Image: IzXTULp.gif]

[Image: Vwaw0x2.gif]

[Image: R1rPeav.gif]

[Image: St0rRFD.gif]

[Image: QDvKqi1.gif]

[Image: Xgit5Ot.gif]

[Image: EuIqz1x.gif]
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
>Alright then, Mors, could you help Hermes hide in the tutorial?
>Throw Eris' apple before hermes attacks you.
>Summon a magnet and attach it to his head while he's distracted [Image: Magnet.jpg]
(07-19-2017, 03:28 AM)Fellow Wrote: »>Throw Eris' apple before hermes attacks you.
>Summon a magnet and attach it to his head while he's distracted [Image: Magnet.jpg]

Seconding as an option to non-lethally neutralize him. Adding onto that > Call upon some rope to tie him up.
[Image: loVPRdw.gif]

[Image: untx0f0.gif]

[Image: V1QrzG8.gif]

[Image: CbIBkqq.gif]

[Image: MvMJC08.gif]

[Image: ujBc5O0.gif]
>Take Mors's powers?
[f]

> What the heck hermes
>Back the fuck up guys, we do not wanna be near that dead child.
>Hermes you know what happens when mors dies. End the roomtrap or we all die!
(07-19-2017, 06:16 AM)Clockwork Dragon Wrote: »>Take Mors's powers?

Seconding
>Hey so, necromancy is a thing right?
Also consider: What if Kill Hermes.
You know how Helios warned us against killing Vors and how Thanatos doesn't kill Mors because something scary happens when he dies? That's what's about to happen.