[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna]: 3/21 Where are they now
>Burn baby burn, Disco inferno

Fire
[Image: 0T9kaDK.png]

>craft, then grab the big cannon and put it in your inventory
>Craft
>Craft because we might be able to bring the big gun and also it might work with our summon power
[Image: egg009.png?raw=1][Image: egg012.png?raw=1]

>Definitely craft.
Fire seems like a bit of a niche, only being able to control pre-existing fires. Also
>What if, if anything, would happen if we tried to chose Hephaestus as our patron?
Look at this beautiful lamp egg:

[Image: B2skh0Y.png]

Some fear for what it will hatch into. But not me. I'm not silly!
(03-21-2017, 06:34 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(03-21-2017, 06:05 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »And before anyone objects, remember how Rare it is for a chaos god to patron :o ...plus, Eris looks like a barrel of laughs ^_^
It'd destroy the universe, though.
Actually... it was confirmed you can tell Athena to block any unwanted chaos rolls. Eris might actually be a viable patron with Athena around. Like, say the situation isn't going your way, and a good old fashioned luck roll just won't cut it...

Whether or not this extends to Athlios remains to be seen, but we do have a free patron slot as long as the two are fused.
(03-24-2017, 12:21 PM)Spish Wrote: »Actually... it was confirmed you can tell Athena to block any unwanted chaos rolls. Eris may actually be a viable patron with Athena around. Like, say the situation isn't going your way, and a good old fashioned luck roll just won't cut it...

Whether or not this extends to Athlios remains to be seen, but we do have a free patron slot as long as the two are fused.
Sure Athena can block chaos rolls, but Eris replaces all luck rolls with chaos rolls. If Athena blocks such a roll, there would be no roll where there should be one. Last time that happened the game stopped running until we fixed it with glue.
I believe the idea is that Eris substitutes a chaos roll for a luck roll, and Athena can (usually) stop Eris before that happens... but don't quote me on that. We're about to have a meeting with Eris anyway.
Also note that the other gods are scared of and/or want to kill Eris. Having her with us would severely limit our ability to roomtrap.
On the other hand, it may be just the deterrent we need to stop the Known from wrecking our shit. Since Eris is their equal in power and they're clearly afraid to confront Eris themselves.

I would imagine The Known is all about knowing their enemy and stuff, but I don't think even they can predict the Unknown.
Man, I said fire earlier, but now that I think about it, maybe we should just not grab a power. Like, do we really need it? It's basically a giant neon sign saying "HEY I KILLED A GUY", and we don't want that. Sure, one power won't do much, but what if we later on come across another power we really really want? The more powers we grab, the more feared/hated we become, so really, we should be extremely picky with what powers we grab.

Fire: We get to control fire. But we could just as easily stay the fuck away from fires.

Crafting: We get to make cool shit. But we could just as easily go find cool shit in dumpsters or a scrapyard if we really want it.

So I say, >No power.
Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the greatest and most anticlimactic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poopy
(03-24-2017, 01:19 PM)AABowser Wrote: »Man, I said fire earlier, but now that I think about it, maybe we should just not grab a power. Like, do we really need it? It's basically a giant neon sign saying "HEY I KILLED A GUY", and we don't want that. Sure, one power won't do much, but what if we later on come across another power we really really want? The more powers we grab, the more feared/hated we become, so really, we should be extremely picky with what powers we grab.

Fire: We get to control fire. But we could just as easily stay the fuck away from fires.

Crafting: We get to make cool shit. But we could just as easily go find cool shit in dumpsters or a scrapyard if we really want it.

So I say, >No power.

The powers we get depend on who dies in our presence, the number of which we want to keep to a minimum. I doubt we're going to become genocidal anytime soon so I wouldn't bank on a better deal later unless we're willing to hunt down and execute a specific person for what they might offer.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
Admittedly that marker might not have been taken by us

I picked fire because You is pretty lame in a fight and flame casting might be useful if we end up in another room. On the other hand, Crafting doesn't give us an extra eye and is more likely to be useful since we're seemingly avoiding conflict/ encounters with the gods, and we can always just use the gained inventory to carry guns.

As for the power fear thing, I doubt it'll be an issue unless we start getting in regular fights to the death with the divines. Besides, Pan is already too scared of the end of the universe to be our patron and Hermes is apparently doomed and in fear of us already. We should definitely be reassuring to him before we hit the next planet by the way.

>craaaaft. crafty craft craft craft. We have to start the god-core totem pole somewhere.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
Craft.
A sad song for a sad upd8 ._.)

(throwing my vote on the Crafting pile)
RE: [Fortuna]: LIVESTREAMING
[Image: oHQg1sG.gif]

[Image: rYkuzWv.gif]

[Image: T0NFExD.gif]

[Image: HoDxt3C.gif]

[Image: FutLkT2.gif]

[Image: ZM65oQm.gif]

[Image: LxQ04va.gif]

[Image: nhE6FWn.gif]

[Image: 35XJfj0.gif]

[Image: 6AFFjD8.gif]

[Image: dm7csPd.gif]

[Image: fNV3MYu.gif]

[Image: BQtImLs.gif]

[Image: seE31Co.gif]

[Image: MG4pwFs.gif]

[Image: YZ7FWIi.gif]

[Image: VgROQdX.gif]

[Image: 8HI8uFo.gif]

[Image: kGzStqw.gif]

[Image: wtnDqSz.gif]

[Image: wNRKhuM.gif]

[Image: iVBrFM4.gif]

[Image: q1nkWBu.gif]

[Image: 5OR5W8c.gif]

[Image: DjJunOc.gif]

[Image: OnUcDpw.gif]

[Image: a7RsGaL.gif]

[Image: zfeHuuY.gif]

[Image: 6j9MrjB.gif]

[Image: 1LwqwG3.gif]

[Image: TyH7TbB.gif]

TOMORROWS STREAM IS NOW MOVED TO MONDAY SO I CAN WORK ON REDUX STUFF.

Stream Calendar
RE: [Fortuna]: 3/25 BIRD UP!
Athena is the first to reassign blame. Honestly, I don't know if either Athena or Helios can be blamed for the death of Heppy, as Athilios did say that fusions are their own persons - and it's very possible that neither Athena or Helios would've killed Heppy on their own. At most I can see the two banned from fusing again.
>You: "Helios, are you ok?"

>You: "I think I saw a past memory of yours, did you see one of my memories? Also, if you are willing to talk about, would you be willing to share what happened to cause the "sacrifice?"
Was his former student Apollo or Apollo?
>Are you okay Athena?

>You: "Helios, are you okay? And Athena, are you okay? And Eris, are you okay? You know what, is EVERYONE okay?"
SpoilerShow
Is Latta okay?