Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
I'm just holding my post for last so it can be super-draumatic.

Timing is important yo.
SpoilerShow
Watson feels like he's going to regret doing this.

He takes a large swig out of a bottle of unknown label and origin and spews out an inferno all around them. This should coax the man, him who has such an affinity for fire he can't go a moment without it. "Ignorant city dweller" Watson is but at least he isn't a servant to a mad magma spirit... animal(?) and craving heat every passing moment.
Alright there's no reason this has to die because Frolic's response is delaying MB's response which is delaying the update. I have msg'd Frolic
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
pretty sure its the exams

blazer do you know if frolic is still alive
I meant to remind her on skype but as it turns out I'm just as lazy.

I mean, yeah. It's done now.
((Sorry, I'm hardly alive at all, what with stresses from every corner of my life. I'd like to make a fancy RP-y post, but honestly I don't have it in me lately, and I don't even know what I should be having Myra do at this point. ))

Have Myra try to send a fireball at the king? Maybe she could land a hit even from her distance.
Belarion, struck by stones mid-flight.
Bowh, pierced by a beam of magic.
Mayor and Enzu, reunited under a falling stone curtain.
Savannah, Rashagor, Renzo and Miquel, sentenced to death by falling stones.

The eight crimes of the king rung within the ears of the Seventh Seeker. Another note he would draw, glowing red of blood and anger. It would follow as the final word to an oath of condemnation for the fallen man on his fallen throne.

"In my possession lies magic of fate, forged by the Hammer of Kings, dormant until the moment fate chooses. This world will not end until its final verse has been sung! We stand resolute on the side of fate, as fate stands resolute on our side. So long as this reigns true, we stand unbreakable!"

"Life will continue, time marches on. Your chapter ends with the rising of dawn."

And release. As guillotines fell for the heroes below, so too did his arrow fall towards the executioner. A song of vengence, a sung Vendetta.

The reaper lies in wait for the final verse.

--------------------------------------------------------

Vendetta. 8 allies hit (assuming a party-sided Enzu)

150% Base Power +35%(*8) = 430% Power. +350% for every ally imminently slain.
[Image: 0MwqQE4.png]

SpoilerShow

The tower falls, a dragon dives...

(01-21-2015, 07:06 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »Mayor seems hardly phased by the sudden appearance of Enzu, almost as he fully expected them to drop down in front of him. Each word they spoke, Mayor understood in full, taking his hand and lifting the stardust imbued sash off over his head. The golem took both the Red Gemstone and the sash to hold them out to him in offering, hoping that it would be enough for him.

With a spray of her blood, Bohw is sent reeling backwards by the blast, completely stunned for that moment as she almost falls out of the air. She attempts to focus herself, more shocked by the power of the attack rather than the colour of her blackened blood. Bohw hissed, slinging her weapon over her shoulder and shouting out to Thunderpaw. "I'm going to need you to pay attention, fluffy!" She said, both insulting and instructing him at the same time as she charged up a spell in both hands. "Don't you dare lose sight of him now!"

Bohw threw the spell forwards and a wicked arc of black lightning leapt from hands, bouncing erratically around in the air, as if it was unsure of it's target. She couldn't tell if the king's defenses were reactive or automatic, but he did seem to have to know where the attack was coming from. Her spell was a mix of a blinding attack and a paralyzing one, the idea was that it would explode into a dark cloud around the victim, electrocuting them as the attack obscured their vision. It was only a hunch, but the tyrant king should have trouble seeing or acting with the spell exploding in his face.

"Pierce his god damn heart!" Bohw cried, although it was hard to tell who or what she was shouting at.

SpoilerShow

Enzu seizes upon the sash as Mayor holds it out, ignoring the gem altogether. "Yes." He breathes as energy siphons from the sash, turning it dim where before it glowed softly. "More." He demands, a gleam of hunger in his eyes as he steps closer threateningly.

Meanwhile, Bohw hurls her dark spell at the king. He glances impassively at her as the comes into contact with the magical wards most wizards protect themselves with, a flash of blue light enveloping him for an instant with power-wrought armor, breaking Bohw's spell before fading. (Hit 1+4 Vs Defense 8)

It is not without smugness however that you observe that he is focusing on you and not Thunderpaw.

(01-22-2015, 03:41 AM)Psych Wrote: »Renzo's art, now going painfully unappreciated, again stains the courtyard. After witnessing Savannah's untimely wounding by the hand of our entrapped gunman, Renzo attempts to grab the poor girl. He summons clay, surrounding them in walls, as a identical statue of the two grows up across the garden near Watson. Renzo's magic tries to swap the location of statue and duo. "I believe a solemn retreat may be in order."

You watch as Miquel calmly lowers his gun and rapidly presses two buttons on an advanced-looking watch he is wearing on his right wrist. He promptly turns into an indistinct blur, fading from view.

Meanwhile, it is with extraordinary speed that you create two near-perfect imitations of yourself and Savannah by way of your magic, wounds, posture and all. You then swap yourself and Savannah with the fakes, leaving what would otherwise have been priceless art to be crushed beneath tons of falling stone - but leaving you and your companion alive. (roll 7+6+2+2, crit)

(01-27-2015, 08:23 PM)SupahKiven Wrote: »"Fuckin'-" Savannah crumples, hits the ground. Her vision swims, burns biting at her. If she hadn't summoned this stupid spear shield and if she wasn't resistant to fire, then... She just grunts again, trying to pull herself to her feet. She feels an arm grab her, hauling her up.

"...Gah." She glances at the blurry image of Renzo before her before they're wrapped in something that makes the world go dark around her. "Well you got what you wanted, psycho. We're alone." She snarks, fumbling at her side for a moment before shaking her head.

"Yeah, a retreat would be nice." Savannah casts a healing spell on herself, the healing light illuminating the inside of the statue they reside in. "Thought I saw something coming for us anyway."

A quick glance around reveals that you are not in fact alone; Watson and the crazy fireguy from before are locked in a cage only a yard away. Then again, that might just be a trauma-inflicted hallucination. Eitherway, you heal yourself for 776 health (roll 13+8+2, crit)

(02-06-2015, 05:31 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »He takes a large swig out of a bottle of unknown label and origin and spews out an inferno all around them. This should coax the man, him who has such an affinity for fire he can't go a moment without it. "Ignorant city dweller" Watson is but at least he isn't a servant to a mad magma spirit... animal(?) and craving heat every passing moment.

You breathe fire on the man, and somehow he does not catch fire but rather seems a little better off, even giving you an appreciative nod. He is obviously still very cold, though.

"I need to warn the elders, defend the tribe..."

He glances to the side, peering through the steel bars. "But if I go, they will come for me. Will you help?" He says, looking back at you.

(02-16-2015, 11:31 PM)Frolic Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

Have Myra try to send a fireball at the king? Maybe she could land a hit even from her distance.

SpoilerShow

You launch an orb of fire at the king. It is no surprise that, from this distance, your spell only grazes the king, exploding in an incandescent display of power next to him, dealing 512 damage (roll 1+7+5, crit).

It is at this moment that the broken tower crashes into the ground, striking Rashagor and Mayor! Enzu seems to somehow fade through the tons of rock crashing into the ground where he stands, evading it entirely. Mayor and Rashagor, however, are both dealt 2550 damage, massive blocks of stone crashing into them mercilessly, driving them to the ground to be burrowed under the wreckage, though Mayor escapes the worst scrapes by turning his shield skywards.

Followed by this, the king makes a single gesture and several of the largest chunks of stone rise from the shambles of the garden, hurling themselves right at Savannah, Renzo, Watson and Sa'ron! This is when the dragon crashes into the ground in front of the oncoming rock storm, knocking the largest fragment to the ground with the backswing of one claw and suffering bloody wounds as the rest shatter against his body, taking 1838 damage but leaving Savannah and the others unharmed.

Meanwhile, the unrelenting storm continues assailing Renzo, Savannah and Belarion for 232, 143 and 72 damage.

(02-17-2015, 01:11 AM)MasterBlade Wrote: »Belarion, struck by stones mid-flight.
Bowh, pierced by a beam of magic.
Mayor and Enzu, reunited under a falling stone curtain.
Savannah, Rashagor, Renzo and Miquel, sentenced to death by falling stones.

The eight crimes of the king rung within the ears of the Seventh Seeker. Another note he would draw, glowing red of blood and anger. It would follow as the final word to an oath of condemnation for the fallen man on his fallen throne.

"In my possession lies magic of fate, forged by the Hammer of Kings, dormant until the moment fate chooses. This world will not end until its final verse has been sung! We stand resolute on the side of fate, as fate stands resolute on our side. So long as this reigns true, we stand unbreakable!"

"Life will continue, time marches on. Your chapter ends with the rising of dawn."

And release. As guillotines fell for the heroes below, so too did his arrow fall towards the executioner. A song of vengence, a sung Vendetta.

The reaper lies in wait for the final verse.

Time seems to slow and a hush falls as you let loose the arrow of your vengeance. Distracted by Bohw and his own spells, Lord Amond Varangian takes no notice of your arrow before it strikes him full in the chest, piercing his heart. The raging storm of magic he wielded to such great devastation dies out, and he drops to his knees as his levitation gives out, coughing blood as he clutches his wound.

"And so", he gasps, I am undone by my own... Pride. Ma cherie. Fare thee well... Lord Thunderpaw of Aven. May you have better luck... Than i did."

Clutching the arrow tightly, Amond rips it from his own heart to fall dead on the fractured stone slab across from you, staining it with his blood.

Then you begin to fall, along with all the other shattered fragments around you, the ground rushing up to meet you.

SpoilerShow

Stats
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Renzo wipes his brow with a cloth, his mustache ruffled. He takes a deep breath before raising a hand into the sky. Renzo's fists glow, forming large clay gauntlets onto his hands. As he smashes one of the gauntlets into the groun, a strange prismatic barrier forms, expanding outward and outward, eclipsing the courtyard. The barrier glows with all sorts of colors and shades, and looks like a giant bubble. "Art is subjective. Such a shame that yours is not up to snuff."

Renzo activates Artistic License.
SpoilerShow
you could tear the ground up and relocate it but it is firmly attached to that ground itself, which for all intents and purposes will be treated as part of the cage (meaning you cant escace downwards without dealing the appropriate amount of damage to the cage)

if you had summoned it on a carpet or something you could probably have someone levitate you around on a caged flying carpet of ludicrious durability

and now i will have to make sure that there are no carpets to be had
SpoilerShow
nah youd probably need the use of that artistic license to actually produce something that doesnt come apart in a stiff wind (barring any fortunate rolls), so if that was a thing you wanted to do youd best hurry as artistic license is a magical effect

e: i appear to have wasted my 413th post talking about the succesful producton of silk tapestries. what a shame
yeah making a support character is hard when I can only act once a turn and god everyone is dying what do i do oh god
a most excellent sentiment

hopefully it is shared... with everyone
((So, Thunderpaw is the only one falling/in danger of fall damage, am I getting this right? ))
(02-20-2015, 12:51 AM)Frolic Wrote: »((So, Thunderpaw is the only one falling/in danger of fall damage, am I getting this right? ))
Let's just say he can take care of himself...

SpoilerShow

There are various cloudstones and crystals that need to be removed from Thunderpaw's inventory
(02-20-2015, 12:51 AM)Frolic Wrote: »((So, Thunderpaw is the only one falling/in danger of fall damage, am I getting this right? ))

correct
oh shit i'm actually contemplating making a silk tapestry
very good

very good indeed
((Sorry, suddenly roundhouse kicked by life. So much so that I can't think of the several potential ways for Thunderpaw to react to this situation. o-o))

((Can someone rescue the Damsel in Distress in my stead?))
Myra will rescue said Damsel in Distress by casting a Slowfall Spell on them because I was sort of planning on that anyway!

((Also yeah, life isn't nice to people this year, is it? XP ))
So it has been something like two weeks since last updated and i have now returneth to where i belong... aaand we have a grand total of 2 (3, counting MasterBlade's lack of action as an action) actions.
(( Sorry, real life stuff hit me with a metaphorical sack of bricks and I haven't been on Eagle Time much. ))

Savannah, tired of this unrelenting storm, whips up her own blizzard in an attempt to cancel it out, at least locally.
Will post This Afternoon