Cartooning Thread!

Cartooning Thread!
Cartooning Thread!
For those who enjoy breaking people into symbols! The definition of cartooning is generally loose, but for the purposes of this thread I am defining it as Any piece of art which leans into its representational nature rather than seeking base realism. Cartoons may be simple or complex, but they are always iconographic. Sound vague? Good! I don't want to lock out adjacent artworks with an overly-dense definition.

You can post your own cartooning here, talk about stylization tricks, give and receive advice, or discuss particular inspirations. To keep discussion and acknowledgement flowing, please say something about a preceding piece before posting one of your own.

Because I like talking about myself, I'll share something first!

[Image: ChJBXsI.jpg]

I'm particularly happy with the way I've reduced the head, nose, and neck into one distinct shape. The hands came out pretty well also, but I'm not exactly sold on the overcoat... It's at once too complex and not textured enough for me to feel it. If anyone has any tips on how to convey fabrics with line carving, I'd love to hear them.