Painting Thread 1 Something Something: Paint

Hey people,

I noticed that there wasn't a painting thread here before and this seems to be the most art focused subforum, so I decided to make one!

Let's talk about all subjects to do with painting (post some paintings too, whenever you complete some).

So I haven't painted for 6 years up till 2018 (so I was probably 16-17) and I am thinking of going back into it but I am clueless. Where I would re-start? Acrylic? Gouache? Watercolour? Acrylic-gouache?
RE: Painting Thread 1 Something Something: Paint
Bringing back this thread, in the same way I returned to painting. Slowly and badly and without a clue.
My ignorance of how to dispose of toxic paints and paint residue in general was and still is a big part of why I am hesitant to paint. What if you go outside to do plein aire painting with paints that you cannot dispose of easily? I would assume that you'd need to haul a big bag full of items to help you clean up your mess once you are done painting. You would basically be a pack mule and the whole experience would be generally unpleasant (to me at least). These are just some of the multitude of questions I ask myself and search for online with no easy answer.
A big incentive for me to paint is to also clear up more space in my room that other items could be occupying. I don't have very comfortable arrangements and I am always eager to find any excuse to have more space for books or something.
I mostly brought this thread back up because I decided that on the weekend I would try and do 0-3 paintings as done by the Bob Ross channel on youtube and failing that I would use my "fruity and weird" palette that I separated from the other colours (pink, purple, lavender, silver, burgundy ((and black???)) I don't know if I should keep black and if to replace burgundy with orange red, which from just looking at it is guaranteed to be an obnoxiously bright candy colour. And it is the candy colours which I intend to use for nonsensical stroke of conscience paintings which may not have much thought or meaning put into them.

Frankly the idea of diving into very fruity and weird stuff is more tempting and I am unsure on whether I should delay the gratification or not. If you don't know the rules, then how are you supposed to break them?