QUITE EAGLENESTING

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUITE EAGLENESTING
RE: QUITE EAGLENESTING
I think I had a problem with the fact that it wasn't really... questions with concrete answers that we could get wrong. I mean, QI sure uses clever wordplay to goad a forfeit out of the panelists sometimes, but it generally doesn't revolve the entire show around it and more often than no the forfeits come from straight up incorrect answers. They don't buzz people for having the correct answer, even if it's not the interesting answer. So yes, if text is a tool used to create text adventures, as you say, it's not wrong and not really meriting a forfeit.
Whee, I won somehow!

I think I've had enough of this whether there's another round or not, it was fun but not particularly my thing (aside from the puns, this may come as a surprise but I really like puns).
This was thoroughly entertaining

you guys should work at BBC

or whatever
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
i like banter, i don't like the questions. more banter time please.
(04-12-2012, 02:26 AM)cyber95 Wrote: »I think I had a problem with the fact that it wasn't really... questions with concrete answers that we could get wrong. I mean, QI sure uses clever wordplay to goad a forfeit out of the panelists sometimes, but it generally doesn't revolve the entire show around it and more often than no the forfeits come from straight up incorrect answers. They don't buzz people for having the correct answer, even if it's not the interesting answer. So yes, if text is a tool used to create text adventures, as you say, it's not wrong and not really meriting a forfeit.

I stated at the beginning what the forfeits were gonna have to end up being to compensate for the fact that this is a forum game, with time to think and time to google. So I won't take any flack on that. None whatsoever, take your flack back sir. I will haunt you until you take it back, and trust me I can do a good haunting.

But no, you're right in that it hurts the game, and really, there's a lot of problems here and QI just doesn't work as a forum game.

So we're probably done here, it was an experiment, it didn't work, now we know. And it was pretty fun for what it was, you are all funny, interesting people!

BUT STAY TUNED

I like hosting things, and I am chill enough to be a good host when I'm not feeling the need to compensate for a game's FAULTS COMING FROM THE MEDIUM. So I'll probably figure out another game to do soon enough. And then we can all have cake and ice cream and BANTER CHWOKA YOU CAN HAVE YOUR GOSH DANG BANTER
let's do whose line is it anyway, that works in a nonimmediate medium right
What if you gather some guys in a private IRC room and ask them things in real time. Then you edit the chatlog and post it so it doesn't look like an incoherent mess.

Kinda like g0m's gaming tournament? Except maybe trying to fix the different timezones problem, like quickly organizing it with the people currently online or something, i dunno.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Ed, APPARENTLY Mehga thinks hashtag-match-game-pm was a disaster. (It was but it was still fun.)
Well, if you wanted to still do the QI format, you could do it over Skype.
Skype could work well.
All I know is that if starting up again, sign me in.

EDIT: Having never ever watched QI, I would say that its not really fair to abandon this concept simply because it didn't live up to its original.

My take on this was that the game was: Arbitrary questions are posed and points are given depending on the subjective take of a moderator on those statements.

I mean entering a points system to encourage interesting conversation? Ingenious.

I think the flaw in this setup was that there were specific answers that were being looked for. After all, "you go this wrong it was a yourself pun" is kind of dismissive of the interesting responses that were given. The moderator's job in a game like this is to say "wow that was original and amused me POINTS FOR YOU." or "WOW HOW STUPIDLY PREDICTABLE AND BORING. NEGATIVE POINTS."

I think a game like this could use an unapologetic, slightly insane moderator, who either LOVES or DESPISES you.

I would like to play this but as a forum game, not as some quizzical skype based jeopardy parody or whatever. (though actually that would be fun too, nevermind)