[Mt. Reed]

[Mt. Reed]
[Mt. Reed]
[Image: XUPOqFR.gif]
...Mt Reed... How far you have fallen.
To think you once brought life to this world, breaking apart the storms that plague our people.
Now, all you do is spew forth this black fog, devastating the world above, that we must live in constant fear.
To think, most of our people have never seen the sun, the stars, even the sky is a concept lost to them.
I even hear word that some Poppets claim the world above no longer exists. Or that it never has, that our people have always lived beneath the earth in our cities.
Our farms simply cannot keep up with demand, and few ships are desperate enough to trade with us, nevermind that we have little to offer to justify legitimate merchants.
On the surface, we have even lost our last reminder of the old world to the fog that plagues us so.

Not that it will matter soon, as the number of Raggs have increased vastly compared to successful Poppets. Finding viable material for the young is growing harder each year.

For what it's worth, the Poppet species will live on, outside of Orvan. Even as I speak, teams of hand-chosen Poppets have been selected to find new worlds to live on, ripe with viable life to provide for our kind.

But Orvan herself?

Sadly, she seems fated to meet her demise at the hands of Weaver's tears.
We have found no cure, no means of halting its spread. We can seal the fog out, contain it, keep it away, but not eliminate it entirely. And if there is even the slightest crack, it all will come pouring into our homes, bringing ruin in its wake.

I have spoken with Laborer 1-532-0, and Archivist 1-531-0. They plan on mounting one last expedition into the mountain, to find answers and hopefully a way to stop the fog once and for all.
They make one thing clear however: Entering Mt. Reed is almost certain death, and only those who understand this fact should apply. This message was sent far and wide, spread from system to system to find souls willing to brave the journey, be it for fame, wisdom, or simple blinding curiosity.
Now, tell me. Who are the unfortunate souls who have answered the call?
Show Content
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
RE: [Mt. Reed]
An Arma Geologist and their suicidal Aftik assistant.
>A Tourist and a Aftik sherpa
Crew Signup
Name Race Profession Stats
??? - Arma - Geologist 7/3/2/10/2/2
[Traits]
??? - Aftik - Assistant 10/1/3/1/10/1
[Traits]
Brisc - Sea Angel - ??? 5/5/6/3/7/0
[PTSD]
[Adventurous]
[Albino] [Generous]
Esreal - Baphometti - ??? ??/??/??/??/??/??
[Traits]
??? - Tourist - ??? 1/4/7/2/5/7
[Traits]
??? - Aftik - Sherpa 10/1/3/1/10/1
[Traits]
Since some details were missing, I opted to use the racial defaults for stats. If you wish to have these changed, now would be the time to do so. As for the missing Names/Roles/traits, please fill those in as well. If not, I will use the trait randomizer, and throw darts to fill in the blanks. This may or may not be a good thing.
Aside from that, we have a few more things to go over before we begin. First, what Poppet Elder do you wish to have join the party? All Poppet elders will provide benefits and information to the party, but in case the party loses communication with HQ, only the Poppet elder with the team can provide anything. On the other hand, if the Poppet elder on your team is dead, their perk is gone for good, barring special circumstances.
Archivist 1-531-0
Show Content
Laborer 1-532-0
Show Content
Biologist 1-531-0
Show Content
-Someone else?-
Show Content
Show Content
The Biologist, with scraps of Vaeri and Kaikian skin sewn into it.

Give the Sea Angel the [Adventurous], [Albino], [PTSD] and [Generous] traits, along with the Ex-Explorer job.
(Edit: Didn't see that the sea angel was already named)
Been tinkering with an icon for Biologist when we hit the field.
Show Content
Almost ready to bring this back.
Just need to know what our main crew actually looks like / personality.
Something to keep it from getting bland.
What the dice/cosmodex has decided so far is listed in here.
Show Content