Death, Taxes, and Cookies: to Rule an Underworld - INTERMISSION 2 END

Death, Taxes, and Cookies: to Rule an Underworld - INTERMISSION 2 END
RE: Death, Taxes, and Cookies: to Rule an Underworld - 06: better bread than red
Votes tallied! Rest of turn coming soon
carrot cake
Death, Taxes, and Cookies: to Rule an Underworld - 06.5: turtle power
[X] Keep the turtle

[Image: BwPt41c.png] I guess we should keep it. I don't see why not.

[Image: BwPt41c.png] We can put it one of the locations we just got, can't we?

... [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

[Image: xKD9yux.png] Hey, little guy. What's your name?

... [Image: PWz0bN2.png]

Little, huh? Yer pretty tiny yerself, Lord o' the Dead! [Image: X34peFR.png]

Haaah, hahah! [Image: X34peFR.png]

[Image: apDVqUG.png]

It turns out that demons could talk. Barold didn't exactly tell me about that before bringing one here, though maybe I should've asked it about that first.

Either way, it seems I might want to give the turtle a name - it said it was a "Minogame", which the Book of the Dead seemed to pick up on, adding it to the list of my angels. But that's the name of the species of demon it is! It doesn't have a unique signifier - for now. Though, I could just have it remain like that if I wish.

Noticing something in the book, I pull Barold aside.

[Image: NAmyhOc.png] ... Why are its' stats, so...

BELOW-AVERAGE? [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

[Image: YTXldgu.png] Don't be mean about it!

[Image: BwPt41c.png] But... yeah, I guess. What's the point of having it around, if yours are so much better?

... [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

I AM DEATH. THE REPRESENTATION OF IT. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

BUT I AM STATIC. UNCHANGING. MUCH LIKE WHAT I REPRESENT - THE ESSENTIAL CORE OF DEATH. [Image: NK77O73.png]

IN TIME, YOU WILL GAIN SERVANTS THAT WILL OUTCLASS ME. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

IF NOT WHEN YOU RECRUIT THEM... [Image: NK77O73.png]

... THEN CERTAINLY WHEN YOU TRAIN THEM TO THEIR FULLEST POTENTIAL.  [Image: NK77O73.png]

[Image: YTXldgu.png] I... I see.

Something inside me knows that I'll need to do this if I wanna be able to survive later on. Ah... I can feel the pressure.

IF YOU WISH FOR YOUR NEW ACQUISITION TO LEAD A HARROWING... [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

... OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITY INVOLVING GRIP, FOR THAT MATTER... [Image: NK77O73.png]

... YOU MUST FIRST SET IT TO BE YOUR ADVISOR. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

THIS WILL PLACE THE ACTION'S RESULT UPON THEIR OWN SKILL, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

NO MATTER HOW MEAGRE IT MAY BE. [Image: NK77O73.png]

MORE ACTIONS WILL RESULT IN FAILURE IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER ADVISE YOU. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

BUT A NECESSARY RISK TAKEN TO ENSURE FUTURE STRENGTH. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

[Image: BwPt41c.png] An investment. I know about those.

[Image: xKD9yux.png] I think I can work with that.

[Result: Minogame added to angels. New Grip actions unlocked.]

Turn 3

Time passed since death: ???

the Book of the Dead

- Lordship Actions -

[ ] to Create - An Altar of Creation, the Aspect called it. Something like your unnamed wand-thing, but bigger, and more personalized. This should allow you to refine your control over your divinity.
Result: Create an Altar of Creation at a specified location, which unlocks more Lordship actions. Low Risk.
- [ ] Select location to place this construct.
- [ ] (OPTIONAL) Describe, roughly, how it could look.

[ ] to Transform - A Crucible, the Aspect called it. Not actually a big pot, but a room, or a chamber, where your essence collects - where it is dense. Somewhere you could fill or change something with your divinity, for a variety of effects.
Result: Create a Crucible at a specified location, which unlocks certain Omen and Mask actions. Low Risk.

[ ] to Judge - A Hall of Judgement, the Aspect called it. Much less flashy than its' name sounds, it would merely be a place where you could store dead souls - once you start collecting them, that is - and decide which part of your underworld they should be sent to.
Result: Create a Hall of Judgement at a specified location, which unlocks certain Lordship and Omen actions. Low Risk.

[ ] Death the Gardener - You can make inanimate objects with divinity. Maybe you can create life, too, despite the, ah, reason you have that divinity in the first place. A garden would be nice... Result: Create a Garden at a specified location, which lowers Stress gain slightly and unlocks ??? next time you take the Relax action. Obtain Nature affinity. Below Average Risk.

[ ] Renovation - You're thinking of a new look for one of your locations. Your control of your divinity is still low, but you think you can create a good aesthetic regardless... Result: Change how a location in the Underworld looks, roughly. Free action (Colin can perform another action even if they take this one, and can take it multiple times).
- [ ] Select a location to renovate, and how, roughly, you change its' appearance.

[ ] Deconstruction - The old must give way to the new - maybe that should be part of what Death represents. Free action. Result: Remove a construct from a certain location.
- [ ] Select a construct in a location to remove.

[ ] Connection - If you want to get things going from one place to another, you gotta connect your locations. You and the Aspect don't have to care about the pathways between each of your underworld's locations, but everyone else does. Alternatively, you could sever said connections. Free action.
- [ ] Select two or more locations to connect, or select connections to sever.

[ ] Relocation - You should put these somewhere else. Result: Move an angel or angels from one location to another, granted they have the ability to move to said location from where they currently are. Free action.
- [ ] Select angels to move, and where to put them.

- Grip Actions -

Advisor of Grip: Barold

Pick 1

[ ] War Changes - A new Advisor must come into the fold. Result: Select another angel to be your Advisor of Grip. Free action.

[ ] Harrowing Hell - The time has come to expand. More locations, more angels, more of the Abyss to be placed under your dominion. Death must be more ineffable, more unyielding than almost any other thing in existence.
- [ ] Pick a direction. Any direction. Even ones that usually don't exist.

[ ] Sparring - The most classic way to gain expirience in fighting, is by fighting. So let's have some fighting! Result: Pit two angels against one another for one round. Both gain experience, with the loser gaining more. Variable Risk.
- [ ] Pick two angels to fight eachother.

[ ] Halt! Who Goes There? - Just as you and your angels could invade the Abyss, so could the Abyss invade you. Let's make sure that's not a thing that happens. Result: Set an angel to guard the Underworld, combatting any would-be incursions.
- [ ] Pick an angel or angels to patrol this turn, including your Advisor.
- [ ] Pick locations to patrol. Note: The more locations an angel must patrol, the harder it is for them to do so. Additionally, some locations are more vulnerable to attack than others.

- Misc Actions -

[ ] Relax - I've been feeling unwell lately. Maybe I should spend some time with my thoughts, lest they grow dark. Result: Lowers Stress. Taking this option too many times will have detrimental effects on the Underworld.

[ ] Q&A With Mx. Barold - Curiosity burns in my mind. I should talk to the Aspect about this. Result: Ask a question or questions to Barold, who will answer as best as it can. Free action.
- [ ] Ask a question, or questions, to the Aspect.

[ ] A New Name - I've come up with a great new name for something! Result: Rename something, from the Aspect, to an Angel, to a construct, to a location, the Book of the Dead, to even Colin themself, and more things besides. Free action.
- [ ] What do you rename, and what to?
carrot cake
RE: 27Death, Taxes, and Cookies: to Rule an Underworld - 06.5: turtle power
Well we need to work on that bakery!

Replace the chair with an Altar Of Creation, which looks like an ornate oven and a kitchen counter.
[X] Connection
- 1 to 2, 

[X] Connection
- 2 to 3

[X] to Transform, 
- [X] third location.
- [X] Make it a large walk in oven.

Transforming probably is less useful when we don't have stuff, but I'd rather we don't forget about it -- we might be able to Transform our angels. We also don't have any Omen or Mask actions yet, and it seems like we get to do one of each type or turn.

[X] Sparring
- [X] Barold vs Minogame

[ ] A New Name 
- location 1: storefront
- location 2: prep room
[X] A New Name
name the turtle bronkus
Feel free to check out my current adventure
Or maybe my music
PM's always open
RE: Death, Taxes, and Cookies: to Rule an Underworld - 06.5: turtle power
Late, but votes tallied! We're making that bakery dead or alive
carrot cake
RE: Death, Taxes, and Cookies: to Rule an Underworld - 07: settling in
((Side note: Please try to tend towards voting for bigger plans rather than single actions! You don't have to, but it makes it easier for me ~w~))

[X] A New Name
- [X] Location 1 to Storefront, Location 2 to Prep Room
- [X] Failed Minogame to Bronkus
[X] Connection
- [X] Storefront to Prep Room, Prep Room to Location 3

I do a bit of minute fiddling with the specific details of the Underworld. Barold nods at me gently as I decree these strange things, and, even though I'm still far from entirely comfortable being treated like royalty (or, well, even more than that)... some part of me begins to settle in. Just a little bit.

[Result: +1 to Lordship]

[X] to Transform
- [X] Location 3
- [X] Make it a large walk in oven
Roll: 67+19=86
Amplified Success

Afterwards I sort of... appear in one of my new locations. I don't move anywhere, at least not in the classical sense, like up, down, forward, backwards, whatever. Though the Underworld is connected now, it feels like some weird instinct of mine just knew there was a shorter way from point A to B - and before I knew what I was doing, there I was.

That's a little concerning. I move on, looking out at the expanse of lavender in front of me - empty except for my divinity. No point in wasting time gawking. I can gawk when there's something to gawk at!

Starting to feel confident in my movements, I point my rod at the empty space around me, and like before, reality shifts. The location is pulled into form by my divinity, as naturally as folding a square of cloth.

Barold said it was furniture that makes a bakery, so why don't we make something you'd find in there? A big oven. Since it's actually a Crucible, it'd have to be something you can walk into. So it's not quite for baking, but close enough, right?

[Image: kKoBmIn.png]

[Image: UrOETKf.png] Hm. More skulls, I see.

Well, rough is right, I suppose. I seem to have overdone it a little bit - the "gradient" of divinity inside the crucible versus the outside of it is pretty extreme. I hope that doesn't cause any issues. I also hope I'll be able to enjoy increased control over this process soon...

[Result: Crucible created in location 3. New actions unlocked. +15 to all Transfiguration actions relating to the Crucible. +15 to chance of Demonic Incursion in Crucible's location. +1 to Lordship.]

[X] Sparring
- [X] Barold VS Bronkus

Next, I do that weird teleport move again, Barold in tow. I find myself in the newly-named Prep Room, where the similarly nomenclature'd Bronkus seems to be doing a weird mix of waddling and swimming through the void of divinity. I wave to the Minogame.

Well hello! Hah-aaah! [Image: PWz0bN2.png]

Does the little Lord need something of this old geezer? [Image: X34peFR.png]

Haaah, hah! [Image: PWz0bN2.png]

[Image: xKD9yux.png] Lil' bit.

I then tell them both to spar with each-other, so that Bronkus may learn from Barold. Both of them look at me for a second, before nodding and moving into position. I exhale. For a second I thought they were going to complain! But no - the Aspect of Death ghosts over to one half of the void, eyes flickering with divine power. The turtle with a seaweed mustache, meanwhile, scuttles to the other side with another wheezing laugh.

An even fight, surely.

RollsShow

[Image: WQMR7JG.png]

As expected, Barold wins easily - it succeeded hard against a full squad of Minogame, how could one win against it? Nevertheless, the fight drags on - if only by my Aspect prolonging it for the sake of teaching the old turtle some new tricks.

By the end of it, Bronkus is notably battered, enough that I'm not sure its' shell will even hold up. Barold assures me the geezer's wounds will recover in time, but as it waddles away, flaking red bits of seaweed, I'm certain it shouldn't see any more combat for at least until that long.

[Result: Bronkus gains 12 Exp, causing it to level up! Bronkus gains trait: Wounded, for this turn and the next.]

[Image: BwPt41c.png] Barold. Why is everything covered in skulls?

YOU ARE THE GOD OF DEATH. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

SKULLS ARE CURRENTLY THE ONLY THING ASSOCIATED WITH DEATH IN THE MINDS OF MORTALS. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

THUS. YOUR OUTFIT. MY APPEARANCE. THE DEFAULT APPEARANCE OF YOUR CONSTRUCTS. [Image: NK77O73.png]

ALL ARE AFFIXED WITH SKULLS. [Image: NK77O73.png]

[Image: YTXldgu.png] I... see? So how death is perceived affects everyone's appearance?

YES. AMONG OTHER THINGS. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

THE PERCEPTION OF DEATH IN TURN IS AFFECTED BY A HOST OF OTHER THINGS. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

WHAT YOUR CONSTRUCTS LOOK LIKE. THE ANGELS YOU ADORN YOURSELF WITH. [Image: NK77O73.png]

MORE BESIDES. [Image: NK77O73.png]

CHECK THE BOOK OF THE DEAD. [Image: NK77O73.png]

[Image: NAmyhOc.png] Huh... Affinities - Food, Failure, Turtles?

[Image: YTXldgu.png] Sounds like a bad translation of a restaurant menu.

INDEED. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

[Image: UrOETKf.png] But why didn't I see these earlier? Like, when Bronkus joined us.

AFFINITIES ARE SPECIAL. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

BEING BASED ON POPULAR MORTAL PERCEPTION, THEY ARE SLOW TO CHANGE. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

[Image: BwPt41c.png] Oh.

YOU CAN EXPECT AN UPDATE IN AFFINITIES EVERY FIVE YEARS. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

[Image: dO5V7F9.png] Oh, okay.

[Image: BwPt41c.png]

[Image: KYcl9EK.png] W-what?

YOU CAN EXPECT AN UPDATE IN AFFIN- [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

[Image: BbeMJMQ.png] I know, I know!

[Image: YTXldgu.png] You're... saying it's been five years since I started doing this?!

NO. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

[Image: YTXldgu.png] ...

IT'S BEEN A MONTH INSIDE THE UNDERWORLD. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

TIME IS DISPLACED BETWEEN THE UNDERWORLD AND THE MORTAL WORLD. [Image: NK77O73.png]

A WEEK IN HERE IS ONE YEAR AND THREE MONTHS THERE. [Image: NK77O73.png]

[Image: WZhRFIN.png] ...

I sit down, slowly, curling into a ball again. My hands are shaking, and I let the rod of Death fall out of my grip and roll along the floor. I feel my lips quivering, and grit my teeth to stop it. Suddenly, everything feels really, really heavy.

Too much... this is too much. A month? I've really been doing this for a full month?

It feels like its' been an afternoon.

And - in the Mortal World - my home... It's been half a decade. Five full years. Technically, I'm 18 now. And my brother is 22. And my mother... and... the garden...

As if picking up on my thoughts, Barold wisps a little ways away, out of my peripheral vision. I still hear its' voice, though. I jolt up at the words.

IF YOU ARE FEELING STRESSED, I ADVISE YOU TO REST. [Image: NK77O73.png]

BEING A GOD IS DIFFICULT. [Image: NK77O73.png]

[Image: gCl7SQL.png] ...

[Image: WZhRFIN.png] Then why'd I have to be one?

The Aspect doesn't reply.

[Results: Stress gain doubled.]

Turn 4

Time passed since death: 1 month Underworld 5 years Mortal World

the Book of the Dead

- Lordship Actions -

[ ] to Create - An Altar of Creation, the Aspect called it. Something like your unnamed wand-thing, but bigger, and more personalized. This should allow you to refine your control over your divinity.
Result: Create an Altar of Creation at a specified location, which unlocks more Lordship actions. Low Risk.

[ ] to Judge - A Hall of Judgement, the Aspect called it. Much less flashy than its' name sounds, it would merely be a place where you could store dead souls - once you start collecting them, that is - and decide which part of your underworld they should be sent to.
Result: Create a Hall of Judgement at a specified location, which unlocks certain Lordship and Omen actions. Low Risk.

[ ] Death the Gardener - You can make inanimate objects with divinity. Maybe you can create life, too, despite the, ah, reason you have that divinity in the first place. A garden would be nice... Result: Create a Garden at a specified location, which lowers Stress gain slightly and unlocks ??? next time you take the Relax action. Obtain Nature affinity. Below Average Risk.

[ ] Renovation - You're thinking of a new look for one of your locations. Your control of your divinity is still low, but you think you can create a good aesthetic regardless... Result: Change how a location in the Underworld looks, roughly. Free action (Colin can perform another action even if they take this one, and can take it multiple times).
- [ ] Select a location to renovate, and how, roughly, you change its' appearance.

[ ] Deconstruction - The old must give way to the new - maybe that should be part of what Death represents. Free action. Result: Remove a construct from a certain location.

[ ] Connection - If you want to get things going from one place to another, you gotta connect your locations. You and the Aspect don't have to care about the pathways between each of your underworld's locations, but everyone else does. Alternatively, you could sever said connections. Free action.

[ ] Relocation - You should put these somewhere else. Result: Move an angel or angels from one location to another, granted they have the ability to move to said location from where they currently are. Free action.

- Grip Actions -

Adviser of Grip: Barold

Pick 1

[ ] War Changes - A new Adviser must come into the fold. Result: Select another angel to be your Adviser of Grip. Free action.

[ ] Harrowing Hell - The time has come to expand. More locations, more angels, more of the Abyss to be placed under your dominion. Death must be more ineffable, more unyielding than almost any other thing in existence.

[ ] Sparring - The most classic way to gain experience in fighting, is by fighting. So let's have some fighting! Result: Pit two angels against one another for one round. Both gain experience, with the loser gaining more. Variable Risk.

[ ] Halt! Who Goes There? - Just as you and your angels could invade the Abyss, so could the Abyss invade you. Let's make sure that's not a thing that happens. Result: Set an angel to guard the Underworld, combating any would-be incursions.
- [ ] Pick locations to patrol. Note: The more locations an angel must patrol, the harder it is for them to do so. Additionally, some locations are more vulnerable to attack than others.

- Omen Actions -

Adviser of Omen: None! (Please choose an adviser to be able to do actions)

[ ] Aging Mages -  A new Adviser must come into the fold. Result: Select another angel to be your Advisor of Omen. Free action.

[ ] Luck Charm - The most basic of spells - as well as the least effective. At least you don't need an Altar of Mists for this...! Result: Add +1 to another action's roll this turn.
- [ ] Action to aid.

[ ] Transfiguration: Awakening - Demons aren't the only being that can be useful to the Underworld. A once-mortal servant can be useful indeed... Result: Turn a Shade of Potential into a Reaper.

[ ] Transfiguration: Form - Your furniture isn't the only thing you can change the appearance of, now that you have the Crucible. Though... you can't change THAT much right now. Result: Change the appearance of a non-Aspect Psychopomp slightly. Low Risk. Free Action.
- [ ] Psychopomp and what to change.

[ ] Transfiguration: Infusion - Maybe your divinity can be used to assist one of your servants... Result: Give a Psychopomp +(Lordship/2) to a stat this turn. Taking this option multiple times in a row will have consequences. Low Risk.
- [ ] Psychopomp and stat to infuse.

- Misc Actions -

[ ] Relax - I've been feeling unwell lately. Maybe I should spend some time with my thoughts, lest they grow dark. Result: Lowers Stress. Taking this option too many times will have detrimental effects on the Underworld.

[ ] Q&A With Mx. Barold - Curiosity burns in my mind. I should talk to the Aspect about this. Result: Ask a question or questions to Barold, who will answer as best as it can. Free action.

[ ] A New Name - I've come up with a great new name for something! Result: Rename something, from the Aspect, to an Angel, to a construct, to a location, the Book of the Dead, to even Colin themself, and more things besides. Free action.
carrot cake
The bakery at the store I work at has a walk in oven. It needs to be that size so they they can bake several loaves of bread at once.

We should probably relax. We're just about to hit 50 stress

My plans are to create the altar of creation in the storefront and expand outwards, then in the following turn, to start gardening outside. That'd be enough locations to have a bakery exterior (with windows and a path), a public space (storefront), preparation room and oven. I'm not sure what aesthetic to go for with the last two locations, though.

Mx Barold, are there any nearby landmarks in the underworld that we may reach with a harrowing? Also, why are we associated with failure when we haven't failed an action yet?
(09-20-2019, 10:21 PM)Smurfton Wrote: »Mx Barold, are there any nearby landmarks in the underworld that we may reach with a harrowing?
THE ABYSS IS A REALM DIVORCED FROM LOGIC AND REASON. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

IT IS FAR FROM EASY TO MAP, ESPECIALLY BEFORE PHYSICALLY EXPLORING IT. [Image: NK77O73.png]

PERHAPS IN TIME YOU WILL GAIN THE ABILITY TO SCRY ON OUR SURROUNDINGS WITH MAGIC. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

FOR NOW, NO SUCH ABILITY IS AVAILABLE TO US. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

(09-20-2019, 10:21 PM)Smurfton Wrote: »Why are we associated with failure when we haven't failed an action yet?
YOU ARE ASSOCIATED WITH FAILURE BECAUSE OF YOUR ANGEL. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

BRONKUS IS A FAILED MINOGAME. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

IT CAME FROM A PART OF THE ABYSS ASSOCIATED WITH FAILURE AND DECREPITUDE. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

THUS, AS YOUR FIRST PSYCHOPOMP, IT CORRELATES YOUR IMAGES WITH EACH-OTHER. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

THE ACT OF FAILING WOULD NOT INCREASE YOUR AFFINITY FOR FAILURE. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

ONE WHO WEARS CLOTHES EVERY DAY IS NOT NECESSARILY ASSOCIATED WITH TAILORING. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

... [Image: NK77O73.png]

THOUGH, DUE TO YOUR AFFINITIES, ANY ACTIONS RELATED TO FAILURE - [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

- WHETHER IT CAUSES, OR IS A VICTIM OF, IT - [Image: NK77O73.png]

- GAIN A BONUS THAT SCALES OFF YOUR AFFINITY FOR FAILURE. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

THIS IS TRUE OF FOOD AND TURTLES AS WELL, AS WITH ANY AFFINITY EXCLUDING DEATH. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

BUT TAKE CARE. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

ANY ACTIONS AGAINST YOU WHICH RELATE TO YOUR AFFINITIES ALSO GAIN THIS BONUS.[Image: d4FAfcB.png]
carrot cake
+1 for resting
Or maybe my music
PM's always open
Relax time...

I also like the idea of putting a garden on the (soon to be) patio in front of the storefront, yes.
Votes tallied! We relaxin', and since you didn't give them commands so are Barold and Bronkus, apparently!

Note: Sorry about the mini-hiatus, was sick for a bit!!!
carrot cake
RE: Death, Taxes, and Cookies: to Rule an Underworld - INTERMISSION 1
[X] Relax

[Image: WZhRFIN.png] I think I need... some time to rest.

UNDERSTOOD. I SHALL STAY HERE. [Image: d4FAfcB.png]

[Image: NMeUOG5.png] Yeah...

[Image: M86GggV.png] ...

I wait for a moment, still curled down upon the not-ground, lips cold. I take a breath. I take another. I take the rod from the ground and appear in the Storefront again, where a lone chair waits for me among an empty expanse of lilac.

Lavender was my favorite color when I was alive, I remember. Still is. Though, if I'll have to look at it for any longer that'll start to change. So I take a numb stride to the chair, spin around and sit in it, placing the rod in my lap. I close my eyes, gently brushing my fingers over my knees.

A month. A month, a month. The thought keeps repeating in my head - that four weeks have passed by in what feels like mere hours. I don't... I don't want that. I grip this black robe I'm wearing tightly, pulling it taut with a sudden, harsh motion. I don't want this, I don't want it!

I let the robe fall, moving my arms to hug my stomach. A month. A month.

A month.

I let that thought keep repeating itself, never really sinking into comprehension. Before I know it, I'm lulled into a dream.

Darkness. Shadows surrounding me, before a blinding beam of light flares into my vision. Slowly, like a babe, my eyes flutter, then creak, then snap open.

I get up. Much must be done.

[Image: dgYpgX5.png]

My name is Colin Wardenclyffe Cowden. I want to become a merchant, am 13 years old, and have just woken up. A gruelling task to be done in such a short amount of time, but I am nothing if not efficient!

[Image: P26gwXD.png]

I'm currently standing in my bedroom, and sunlight is pouring in through the window. I can hear the whistling of the wind and the songbird's song, as Meyna's light creeps up from across the horizon. I yawn. I didn't always appreciate the sunrise like this, but I read enough books that I'm super observant now.

My room is also really really messy. I go ahead and get myself dressed without much issue (into the same kind of clothes I was already wearing), but I suppose a bit of cleaning up couldn't hurt either. When I become a merchant, I'll have to keep everything neat and organized! I think.

[Image: GKfdXj3.png]

My tummy grumbles. Right, it's breakfast time. Maybe I should go do that instead. Or clean my room! Or just keep standing around looking at things! I'm the master of my sail, aren't I?

What shall I do?
carrot cake
Clean a little! Look at things while you do -- cleaning is en excellent opportunity to look at stuff.
Breakfast is for the weak.
Breakfast is important! Fresh baked goods will give you power to clean later...
Votes tallied - we'll clean, and then get the bread
carrot cake
RE: Death, Taxes, and Cookies: to Rule an Underworld - INTERMISSION 2 END
> Clean

I stuff away my hunger for now and dust my hands with a loud clap. I don't actually know why you're supposed to do this before putting in some hard work, but it's just, like, a signifier, you know? Feels a bit impolite to start cleaning without announcing to the world that you're about to start cleaning, doesn't it? I start picking up a few books off the ground.

[Image: zvBqt08.png]

Cleaning's good. I mean, it's a little bit tedious, but the point isn't the work itself, right? It's the fact that I'm doing it. That's good. Responsibility 'n stuff. I can deal with that. All the little fallen bits of paper, I can pick 'em up. All the discarded books, I can sort 'em out. That dirty old coat my brother seems so fond of, I fold it away real tightly and re-do the beddings along with it. I even dust off the floors a little bit, though I had to squabble for a rag before I could do so.

As I go through the stuff, I take a moment to look it all over. Gosh - my brother's so messy. I mean, I know half of the room's mess is my fault, but it feels like he's being deliberately so! Something to tease him about over breakfast, assuming he hasn't already left the house by now.

Oh. Right. Breakfast.

I hear my name being called from downstairs. With a sheepish twitch, I stop, look outside, and realize the sky's already bright and blue! I feel a grumbling from below. I'm really hankering for some bread, now. I spent all of breakfast cleaning!

I move towards the ladder down the attic, but then I realize...

[Image: wWVojkB.png]

That my brother...

[Image: qzWR8FK.png]

Isn't -

[Image: FdF2vg0.png]

[Image: GOTsRdR.png]

[Image: jJqOsAC.png]

[Image: x0omeGY.png] ...

[Image: nMvwBJM.png] Mm.

[Image: BwPt41c.png] ... I suppose I should get back to work.

[Result: 2+7+3(+1 from Chair in Storefront)=13 Stress removed. Stress gain returned to normal.]

Turn 5

Time passed since death: 1 month 1 week Underworld 6 years 3 months Mortal World

the Book of the Dead

- Lordship Actions -

- Grip Actions -

Adviser of Grip: Barold

Pick 1

[ ] War Changes - A new Adviser must come into the fold. Result: Select another angel to be your Adviser of Grip. Free action.

[ ] Sparring - The most classic way to gain experience in fighting, is by fighting. So let's have some fighting! Result: Pit two angels against one another for one round. Both gain experience, with the loser gaining more. Variable Risk.

[ ] Halt! Who Goes There? - Just as you and your angels could invade the Abyss, so could the Abyss invade you. Let's make sure that's not a thing that happens. Result: Set an angel to guard the Underworld, combating any would-be incursions.

- Omen Actions -

Adviser of Omen: None! (Please choose an adviser to be able to do actions)

[ ] Aging Mages -  A new Adviser must come into the fold. Result: Select another angel to be your Advisor of Omen. Free action.

[ ] Luck Charm - The most basic of spells - as well as the least effective. At least you don't need an Altar of Mists for this...! Result: Add +1 to another action's roll this turn.
- [ ] Action to aid.

[ ] Transfiguration: Awakening - Demons aren't the only being that can be useful to the Underworld. A once-mortal servant can be useful indeed... Result: Turn a Shade of Potential into a Reaper.

[ ] Transfiguration: Form - Your furniture isn't the only thing you can change the appearance of, now that you have the Crucible. Though... you can't change THAT much right now. Result: Change the appearance of a non-Aspect Psychopomp slightly. Low Risk. Free Action.
- [ ] Psychopomp and what to change.

[ ] Transfiguration: Infusion - Maybe your divinity can be used to assist one of your servants... Result: Give a Psychopomp +(Lordship/2) to a stat this turn. Taking this option multiple times in a row will have consequences. Low Risk.
- [ ] Psychopomp and stat to infuse.

- Misc Actions -

carrot cake
Can we have Barold be multiple advisors?
[X] aging mages
- [X] Barold

[X] Luck charm
- [X] Use  it on the patrol I guess.

[X] to create
- [X] in the prep room

[X] Patrol
- [X] Barold
- [X] location 3
[X]Harrow
- [X] EastWest
Or maybe my music
PM's always open
>Transfiguration: Infusion: Give a cookie to Bronkus to increase their Omen stat for this turn, and make them an Omen advisor
Votes tallied!
carrot cake