Dexadventure: Derelict Dreams Contest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dexadventure: Derelict Dreams Contest!
RE: Dexadventure: Derelict Dreams Contest!
Sorry to double post but:

10 days left guys!! If you want to enter something, get moving!!
Dexworks.net: My website where I host my many stories. Come take a look. Stopping by the website at least daily helps a lot actually.
Patreon: My patreon, where you can contribute a little money each month to help me out. Every dollar helps immensely!
Terrene Spire (Animated Art Quest): Having recently awoken in the afterlife, an Orange Ghost sets out to explore...
-- Terrene Spire Discord Chat. Anyone is welcome! But be prepared to answer the IMMORTAL QUESTION! We're a friendly bunch so come on in!
-- Terrene Spire on TVTropes. Help fill out the trope page, give it some wiki love! Thank you all for your help.
Driver
SpoilerShow

Mech
SpoilerShow
"The parties are advised to chill." - Supreme Court of the United States, case opinion written by Justice Souter
Entry One Driver
SpoilerShow

Entry One Mech
SpoilerShow
[Image: dawnoftheseconddaybyfor.png]
Dexworks.net: My website where I host my many stories. Come take a look. Stopping by the website at least daily helps a lot actually.
Patreon: My patreon, where you can contribute a little money each month to help me out. Every dollar helps immensely!
Terrene Spire (Animated Art Quest): Having recently awoken in the afterlife, an Orange Ghost sets out to explore...
-- Terrene Spire Discord Chat. Anyone is welcome! But be prepared to answer the IMMORTAL QUESTION! We're a friendly bunch so come on in!
-- Terrene Spire on TVTropes. Help fill out the trope page, give it some wiki love! Thank you all for your help.
[Image: Dawn_of_the_final_day-%2528n1304606931494%2529.jpg]
What hour and minute are the applications due?
if you have an application thats almost done, get it in this thread. I Won't accept anymore entries after 8 hours has gone by from THIS instant of time.

EDIT: Time's up! Now comes the judging period! Give me to at least the 10th of June! That should give me enough time to figure out who the winners will be!

I hope you have had fun in this contest!
Oh dangit. I have a late entry anyway.

SpoilerShow
[Image: qC7Rc3q.png]

[Image: F6RGEJh.png]
[Image: U3F5MSx.png]

[Image: rfMCa3R.png]
[Image: qm3AxIM.png]

[Image: rr1s81X.png]
[Image: paP8v2X.png]

[Image: 0PfRukm.png]
[Image: al6UKaZ.png]

[Image: 927G5BA.png]
[Image: 9iHlLNs.png]

[Image: GgtXuVV.png]
[Image: e6lS9mY.png]

[Image: ZuPSYRn.png]
[Image: IRYdxgL.png]

[Image: buup6GG.png]
[Image: Eck18dn.png]

[Image: stIxJB0.gif]

[Image: aJSRNfR.png]
[Image: LKHclGc.png]

[Image: JdylIQM.png]

[Image: mtcLwmr.png]

[Image: sJMjLFB.png]

[Image: SvEeYUh.png]
[Image: TuK8aZW.png]

[Image: AJ5B8t1.png]
[Image: 3Ay42ps.png]

[Image: ErOwIsr.png]

[Image: oJ1ivP2.png]
[Image: vruXxRn.png]
[Image: BfCfmmf.png]
[Image: aVLBqJK.png]

[Image: M0h7hnU.png]
[Image: odMhshO.png]

[Image: E9uvokD.png]
[Image: I5RQqfz.png]

third placeShow

second placeShow

first placeShow

[Image: WRj54yc.png]
[Image: xCQURXO.png]

[Image: jPefabq.png]
[Image: Hvptbkg.png]
Was that other doll Feebie?

Anyway I had fun doing this thing, even if I didn't win.
Oh man
I'd just like to say, thank you very much for irrationally inflating my ego
0u0

SpoilerShow
"The parties are advised to chill." - Supreme Court of the United States, case opinion written by Justice Souter
Master has given Blade a prize? Blade is a free elf!

...shoot, now I need to design an arena. MORE WORK! CURSE YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUuuuuuu....... o-o

(time for the drawing board)
So! You winners have some other stuff to produce now! How exciting is that? I have no idea, you guys seem to like it though so without further ado, some words:

Trade Company:
TickTockx2, this one is a little tricky, as what you will be producing here is a fully fleshed out company that will exist in Derelict Dreams. Everything from how their ads look to what their company thinks of their consumers! Here is a healthy checklist of the things needed to be thought up:
  • How ads look.
  • Products (at least three, but more is welcome.)
  • How expensive they are (are they for the rich and priveledged? The common man? Do they help the homeless?)
  • Who is their owner? Is the owner important to the company, and thus the image of it?
  • Are they sponsoring any mech drivers? If so, who? These people don't need to be fully fleshed out, but if the story turns towards meeting one of them, I will contact you again about the production of said characters.
  • What category of "reach" would you say the company has? (Local, international, space faring or galactic sized?)

Besides these points, the sky is the limit. You just get to producing the company and I will twist and change things where it is needed, but I will promise that I won't just spit in your face and say the company cannot work. There are trade companies for everything in Daros!

Mech Ring:
TickTockx2 and Master of Blades, this one should be kind of obvious. It is a Mech Ring, a place where mechs fight. Just like the stuff above, you have to fill out some things:
  • What is the location of the Mech Ring? In a swamp? On a giant flying island?
  • Is it legal? If it isn't legal, the chance of killing off characters is suddenly there, as there are no one to stop the fight if it goes awry.
  • What are the core rules and gimmicks? All Mech Rings have something that makes them "unique".
  • Is it sponsored? If it is, it will have a lot of ads from the ones who sponsor it, along with a "sponsored mech driver", which is explained a little more in the above text about trade companies.
  • Who owns the Mech Ring? This person is the chief, the one who makes the rules of that particular ring! Besting the chief will either make him step off or give something akin to a mark of recognition to the one who bested it.

Besides all this, the sky is once again the limit! I will of course make it fit into the story, but I won't change everything if I think it doesn't fit something because that's just silly! Everything fits!

Supahkevin, Masterblade and TickTockTickTock, What sort of thing should your animated avatars be? Just explain what it should entail and I will make it so. And the "commission" image you get is on the level of something like this or even this. You can also look at my DA gallery for more ideas of what I can produce.

I hope you have fun working on your entries, at least as much fun as I will have drawing your prizes!
Can the readers throw in ideas for the company and the ring if they can't come up with any? Melonspa
Hmm, what to do for the avatar...

[Image: 0DZibBJ.png]

Here is a high-resolution render of the model to pretty much all of my avatars.

Make it do something avatar-worthy.

(I will PM you about the commission. It will be glorious o3o)
Wow, thats a lot of things to design for one person. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Also to put my mind at rest.
Give it to me straight Doc, how close was it. Because it sounded really close.
RE: DexadventuDerelict Dreams Contest!
(06-14-2013, 06:43 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Can the readers throw in ideas for the company and the ring if they can't come up with any? Melonspa

Uh, sure, but that would kind of defeat the whole purpose of this, wouldn't it?

(06-16-2013, 12:53 AM)Purple Walrus Wrote: »Also to put my mind at rest.
Give it to me straight Doc, how close was it. Because it sounded really close.

If you are talking about why I did not choose your entry, it's because it reminded me of this:

[Image: the-jetsons-jean-vander-pyl-0.jpg]

And that just kept weirding me out, to the point where I just couldn't see it in Derelict Dreams. It's not that your entry was badly made, it just rubbed me and the friends I shared it with the wrong way.
Oh, well I was going for something more like this:
[Image: 63.jpg]

Because of the whole flower thing and her being out dated.
im sorry for being slow Masterblade, I have been very depressed these days. This is as far as I have gotten:

[Image: CESDDqm.png]

EDIT: Did some more on it:

[Image: QWJ0x4a.gif]

Is it good enough?
:o

I didn't even win/request that and I think that looks great
Ok, I did a thinking and am back
So I thought what would be the best avatar is
kawaii Elesh Norn
Official Art Ref
more specifically, what originally set me onto this absurd idea
I don't really care about pose, just whatever works best for you

I'll probably be back soon with ideas for something else?
anyway, thanks again for doing this it's great
So uh... I'm sorry for not posting my stuff in here. I just uh... I don't know. Apologies. 030

For my avatar, it'd be great if it was SCP-173, maybe just turning towards the 'camera' or something.

I also still have no idea what I want for a commission so I'll get back to you on that.
RE: DexadventuDerelict Dreams Contest!
(07-06-2013, 08:21 PM)Dexexe1234 Wrote: »im sorry for being slow Masterblade, I have been very depressed these days. This is as far as I have gotten:

[Image: CESDDqm.png]

EDIT: Did some more on it:

[Image: QWJ0x4a.gif]

Is it good enough?

That is... wow :O

I should probably get you those arena details. I completely forgot about this >.>

(also do you have a version of that avi without the background? i would love to paste that EVERYWHERE :V)