Apocalypse World: Season 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey so for awhile I've been wanting to learn how to GM, or more accurately want to find out if I'm any good. Let's just say I want to try GMing.

Point is I figure if I tell everyone up front that you're being subjected to a first-time GMer, then you can't blame anyone if I end up being terrible.
Or something like that.

So, the game is Apocalypse World, and I'm going to play it over Google hangouts.
If you don't have a google+ account, I guess you'll need one?

So let's see, what's the important information you need to know.

I don't know when we're starting, sometime next week probably.

Don't know what time, post your timezones and hours available I guess, and we'll choose a time that fits the most people.

Apocalypse World is a role playing game set in an undefined post-apocalyptic setting.
It plays a lot like Firefly watches, if that helps.

Oh wait, the manual has a "why to play" section, let me just quote that.

SpoilerShow

Okay, that actually went on a little long, so whatever, you don't have to read that.

What am I even saying.

Lets hang out with our voices and stuff and play some Apocalypse World over Google hangouts with a noob GM!

Woot!

Everything you need to know about Apocalypse World as a player
My Google+ (I'm pretty sure that link works... pretty sure)
RE: Apocalypse World: Season 1
THE HOT GOREY SEEEEXXXX, should we get zombies involved too? Melonspa

Yeah, just a suggestion for a fellow One-Time Gmer (remember The Never-ending dungeon? I was good at that. Because it was math 'n numbaz with JOKES! can you handle this rp game? Because I was always available for it. (Note: you probably do not know what I'm talking about, so just look at the stuff talking about responsibilities))

1. You can't leave'em hanging!

2. You have to be strong about disputes. If there's an argument, show no mercy. Give'em "STRIKES". 3 strikes, you take away their access to the google doc's and you postpone the whole thing to the next day so people can cool off.

3. Timezones. You should probably ask for that. And this goes back to #1: The game can't run without you, make a list of all days you will MOST DEFINITELY be available, and then ask everyone else for the same. You have to establish a time for people who are WAY earlier. Like, if they're in vancouver and you're in florida, and you have school, this rp game is strictly reserved for the weekends. So yeah, ask for timezones as well, ofcourse!
You're right, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Did you want to play? Have you played Apocalypse World before? I would not be surprised to hear that sex with zombies has happened in someone's campaign.
I'll join. I played a homebrew variant of this at a con once, and I wouldn't mind trying the original.

(GMT -5:00), Free Mon-Fri, with a fairly flexible schedule, if something comes up I'll let you know.

EDIT: Claiming Operator
You had me at blood and sex.

Yeah uh I guess I'll call dibs on The Chopper, and my time zone is EST -5. Hours available: 8-12 pm weekdays, all day on weekends.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Wait, are you -5 of EST, or are you at EST, which is -5 of UTC? I think.. man, I get confused when dealing with timezones. Especially when you throw stuff like EST and EDT into the mix.
At EST, which is -5 of UTC.
Oh man
Ohmanohmanohman
OH MAN
There is... no way I can fit playing a third RPG into my life, especially when one of them is already Apocalypse World.
But I want to so bad, you have no idea.
Nggggg, Boyd, you cruel man! I will have to settle for watching keenly over your collective shoulders.

But we can be first-time-running-Apocalypse-World-buddies! The game I'm running will maybe have its first sesh this weekend.

Everyone, this system is so sweet, you have no idea. Even just reading the book has made my other, non-Apocalypse World game better.
I did not realize Apocalypse World was so well known. This is a pleasant surprise.
You may watch over our collective shoulders, as I plan on recording them (at very least the audio, maybe video too dunno)
Oh boy. Um. I apologize deeply, but it turns out I won't be able to make it! Sucks, because this sounded like a lot of fun!