William Stone Cold - A mafia (Signups 5/18)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Baron William is dead!"
The usually so warm and kind baron lay dead on the floor, right where the panting guard discovered him earlier.
Master 2Create stood behind the guard's shoulder, his mouth a thin line and his eyes boiling with fury.
"No one leaves this island," so he spoke, "on penalty of death, until the killers are all dead."
As later that day the message was publically announced, ally and foe alike trembeled in fear.
They knew that a bloody war was at hand, and were not at all certain any of them might survive.

Welcome to "William Stone Cold", my first mafia.
It's an open setup with flavored roles for 18 players.

The fun thing about this mafia is that there are two locations; the town of Tahka and the village of Sarlanth.

One may use boats to travel from one location to another instantly, but only if there are less than two guards on guard. Otherwise one must travel over land, which will take time.

Only players in the same town can be targeted and/or chatted with.
Daytime in one town is nighttime in the other, and daytime discussions will take place in this thread.

Would you wish to apply as a co-moderator, please message me.

General rules:
1. You may not literally quote your role PM or post a screencap of it.
2. Do not talk about this game OUTSIDE this game. "This game" includes the thread and allowed PM's.
3. PM's about the game must have a copy sent to me.
4. No nighttalking to people (via PM) who are not in your current town.
5. No posting in the thread when it is nighttime in your current town.
6. Assassins have daychat via PM.
7. No editing posts.
8. NO EDITING POSTS!
9. Follow the forum rules and be friendly.
10. Lynch votes must be bolded.
11. A majority in a town ends the day, if there is no majority at the deadline the person with the most votes on them will die.

Rules for travelling:
Boats may not be used at night or when multiple guards are on duty.
Travelling via land at night must be PM'ed to the mod during daytime or twilight.
Travelling via land at day must be PM'ed to the mod during nighttime or dawn.
The mod will make an announcement with all the travelling players.
You may not travel if you have traveled in the past 24 hours.
An Assassin may not travel at all if they are the only remaining Assassin in that town, UNLESS they are the last one in the whole game.

12 Town players
6 Assassins

Assassin roles will be randomly distributed (Assassin A might not necessarily be both Brawler and Silent killer.)
Same goes for town roles.
You cannot have a town day-role and an assassin night-role or the other way around.
There are no alignment-changing roles.
Inquisitor results will be in "Guilty"/"Not guilty" format.

Town day roles:
1x Escaper - Taking the boat will remove you from the game, but you will have won.
Alternatively, you joint win with town if you survive.
5x Guard - You protect the docks from being used as long as there are two or more guards on duty
1x Fool - You win if you cast the first vote on the lynched player that day AND you survive to see a town win.
1x One-shot Judge - You can make a player unvotable for the rest of the day.
1x Captain - Your vote is twice as important as any regular vote.
3x Vanilla

Assassin day roles:
1x Brawler - You may distract a guard. They will no longer be on-duty for the day but you cannot travel by boat this day anymore either.
1x Eavesdropper - You may learn a target player's alignment ROLE (fixed).
1x Blackmailer - You may prevent a target from traveling the current day and next night, using any roles today (Except guard, which is passive), and voting today.
3x Assassin

Town night roles:
1x One-shot Executioner - You may kill a target player at night, but will return guilty to an Inquisitor.
1x Inquisitor - You may jail a target for the night (Meaning they cannot use roles or be targeted themselves) and learn their alignment.
1x Surgeon - You may protect a target player from being killed at night.
1x Beggar - You may target a player for a private chat each night.
1x Coward - You may visit another player. Any actions performed on that player will affect you as well. You will become untargetable.
1x Librarian - You may learn a target player's role.
1x Thief - You may ignore being jailed. Your night action is blocking a role from being performed, and you will return guilty to an Inquisitor.
1x Investigator - You may learn who targeted a target player each night.
4x Vanilla

Assassin night roles:
1x Silent killer: No one can learn who you targeted if you perform the factional kill.
1x Recruit: You will return not guilty to the Inquisitor.
1x Traveller: You will have the target player "disappear" if you perform the factional kill.
1x Liar: You may have a target player return guilty to the Inquisitor each night.
2x Assassin

Players Suspects: (5/18) Signups open!
* ICan'tGiveCredit
* yd12k
* ParadoxGamer
* Xemhinor
* Calibornio
RE: William Stone Cold (Signups 0/18)
In this.

i mean who doesn't love wasting time travelling to the ends of the Earth while chatting with other players? Melonspa
RE: William Stone Cold - A mafia (Signups 1/18)
Info updated.
Ican'tgivecredit added to player list.
Isn't Quicktopic better then PMs for this stuff?

EDIT: Also IN
I'll join
(04-09-2013, 09:40 AM)yd12k Wrote: »Isn't Quicktopic better then PMs for this stuff?

EDIT: Also IN

Will see. Thanks for the suggestion.
RE: William Stone Cold - A mafia (Signups 3/18)
i'll join then
I might want to join, but I would like to know whether this will be more like a serious mafia (which I don't usually have fun playing) or a more lighthearted and fun mafia (which is what I like). Although, since Credit signed up, I can probably guess the latter (unless I'm wrong).
I guarantee as many shitposts as possible

cal just join, there will be lots of chaos, your specialty!
Okay, just worried because I suck at mafia.
(04-10-2013, 03:04 AM)calibornio Wrote: »Okay, just worried because I suck at mafia.

SO DO I

WHY DO YOU THINK I JOIN THEM Melonspa

(Note: Insanity is a valid answer. And probably the only answer)
RE: William Stone Cold - A mafia (Suspects 5/18)
Don't worry, Mafia is meant to be fun in my opinion.
I will try to post silly things - without making things absurdly complicated - as often as possible.
Also I think I'm going to draw whoever is in which village/town each time.
RE: William Stone Cold - A mafia (Signups 5/18)
Okay, it seems like there will be no more signups.
Which means I'll have to adjust some of the mechanics. Nothing will be significantly different, though.

Don't worry, we'll be starting soon now.
there's only 5 people. This is ridiculous. we need a games discussion thread in the games subforum so we can advertise this thang.
Hmm. I've played entertaining mafia games with 5 players, but okay.
We'll wait. We can't start with people disagreeing beforehand, after all, it needs to be fun.
I disagree with the statement that it can't start with disagreements beforehand. You sir must be The Mafiuz.
Lynch: the GM for this travesty Melonspa
No no lynch until we get replacements
Lynch: Schazer because maybe it will get her to join this game of mafia (even though she's busy with other ones).
Vote: No Lynch.
Because at least we're keeping the thread bumped nicely with these shananigans.
I guess I will join because you seem to need people.

May I make a suggestion? If you had someone who is a mafia vet look over your setup and give it an a-okay, maybe more people will be inclined to join.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
(04-15-2013, 03:27 AM)Garuru Wrote: »May I make a suggestion? If you had someone who is a mafia vet look over your setup and give it an a-okay, maybe more people will be inclined to join.

I'm trying to have that done, but that's taking a bit of time because of the unconventional mechanics Melonspa
Also since I don't know that person IRL I don't know how much more time it is going to take.
(04-15-2013, 06:40 AM)2create Wrote: »
(04-15-2013, 03:27 AM)Garuru Wrote: »May I make a suggestion? If you had someone who is a mafia vet look over your setup and give it an a-okay, maybe more people will be inclined to join.

I'm trying to have that done, but that's taking a bit of time because of the unconventional mechanics Melonspa
Also since I don't know that person IRL I don't know how much more time it is going to take.

I'd do it if it I wasn't already a player :mspa:

EDIT: That no work