One Week of Paid Gardening

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 1 - Monday Morning

I'm waiting for pick-up at the moment. For lunch I'll be having cherries, brie, and loose pepperoni (I wasn't feeling very inspired).

Sorta chilly today, so I'm wearing pants, and a sweater which I can always take off if it's getting too hot. I hope I'm not exhausted afterwards because I still need to do my course selections.

The tools I'm bringing are a bucket, gloves, a weedwacker, a horihori knife, a kneeling pad, and clippers. Also bug spray, if you want to count that.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
RE: One Week of Paid Gardening
Thank you for this weather update, I forgot to check and almost walked outside in tshirt and shorts.
(_____/Thank You, Please
|.:.:.:.:.:./
|_ |_ |_ |_
RE: One Week of Plaid Gardening
Quote:One Week of Paid Gardening

Wait, if the past tense of pay is paid, then how come the past tense of play isn't plaid
(_____/Thank You, Please
|.:.:.:.:.:./
|_ |_ |_ |_
Rapid fire lunch update:
Tuesday - Turkey lettuce mayo sandwich, nutella wrap, and something else I don't remember
Wednesday - Caesar salad, 2 peanut butter Oreos
Thursday - 3 slices of homemade pizza
Friday - 2 slices of homemade pizza, asparagus, and a chocolate pudding

I am now super sick, I had a sore throat Thursday and Friday, and by the end of Friday I had a stuffy nose and an annoying cough. I only got two hours of sleep last night because I couldn't breathe through my nose and kept coughing.

Bleh.

Say - Said
Slay - Slayed
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I am doing a second week of paid gardening! For someone else!

I worked last Friday, as well as all day Monday, Tuesday, and today! I have tomorrow off because it's going to rain, but I'll be back to work this Friday.

I've been trying some Tim Hortons drinks, and they have a new one called Creamy Fresh that's really really good (although a little pricey at 4.25). There's vanilla flavour, that tastes like a relaxed milkshake and a vanilla cupcake had a sweet but forbidden lovechild. There's also raspberry (or maybe strawberry???) that tastes like a strawberry sunday that's different but good different and also more liquidy while still really cold and good. I haven't tried the chocolate (and probably won't for a while, very pricey for a regular drink!) but I bet it's good too.

My older cousin has been working with me, and he's mentioned how he regrets not taking a before picture of the yard we've been cleaning up. He was there a few days before I joined and apparently it was like a jungle! With weeds as high as people completely blocking everything. I believe it, the garden hadn't been tended to at all for 4 years :O

We think we're going to be completely finished on Friday. I'm excited for how gorgeous it is going to be. The backyard is already complete and I'm proud of it.

After work today, my other cousin and his girlfriend and my brother (as well as work cousin) all went to an old quarry. It was filled with water an unknown time ago, and the region made it a park where people can go to swim. The water is gorgeous blue and the huge stone cliffs/walls surrounding the area had interesting colours and very geometric formations (unnatural, as a result of the quarry, but still beautiful).

When we returned home, we watched Steven Universe while I made everyone lasagna. It was a great day.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
:melancholy: I am awake at 4;40 am so I can be ready to leave at 6 am. Something happened with my cousin's schedule and he needed to start earlier. I said that was fine with me, but now that I'm up I'm like ughhhhhhhhhhh. Anyways, this will be the last day fpe tgis garden and then it will be done! It's gonna look so goood
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I'm fine! We're done early! I'm getting pay next week!

Woooo! Now time to have lunch and a shower and a nap
Sig:
SpoilerShow