POKEBATTLE ROYALE - [a pokerpg battle]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Image: KUR5n.png]
Infinit Pokemon Stadium
Located in the heart of the Lancea region, this is a very popular place to witness high level, high capacity Pokemon battles.

SpoilerShow

The stands are filling up around the empty arena, which has been set up today to accomodate a variety of Pokemon types. Talented and noteworthy pokemon trainers from all around have been invited to duke it out for the prize. Probably a trophy or something.

BUT WHO ARE THESE POKEMON TRAINERS?

Well let me tell you about Homestuck this dealie. You are a pokemon trainer of some note, and you have been invited to HAVE YOUR POKEMONS DUKE IT OUT WITH OTHER POKEMONS. Everybody will be in the arena all at once. We're naturally using the Pokemon Tabletop system.

Everybody that signs up will be in this battle at once. YOU HEARD ME. Now, the trainer doesn't matter. They're commanding from the sidelines. This be all about the Pokemons. As such, this here is your Trainer sheet.

SpoilerShow
To sign up, post that in here. Then, you have three pokemons. Only one out at a time clearly, but you do have three.

Each pokemon is level 50. You may not choose Legendaries to be on your team, obviously.
You haven't use vitamins on these Pokemon because the drug test just knows okay. You can have them hold an item. They know up to 6 natural moves and 3 technical moves.

Do not post these in your sign-up post until the game is ready to start! You want to keep your pokemon selection secret until we're starting. Send me your three instead.

If you don't have it, you'll need the Pokedex to handle this. S'contained in here. It's all in the Wiki now! No more pdfs required!

SpoilerShow

Also instead of doing the smart thing and using the sprites i'mma draw like headshots because i like to draw pogeymangs.
[Image: vz7ad.png]

There's NO LIMIT on contestants, so sign up!

CONTESTANTS
Garuru - Captain Squalo
Crowstone - Rally Ferren
RE: POKEBATTLE ROYALE - [a pokerpg battle]
Trainer Name: Captain Squalo
Trainer Class: Captain/Godspeaker
History: Okay, I had a pretty extensive backstory, but it relies on the pokemon that he has, so I'll just keep the backstory to myself and post it once the game starts. Here's a summary:

He was a marine private who got stranded in the ocean. Rayquaza talked to him, and saved him. He discovered that he was a Godspeaker. He ran in some pokemon and befriended them. Eventually, he was able to return home and officially capture his pokemon. He became a ranger, captured another pokemon, and rose to the highest rank a pokemon ranger can be - a captain. He does not like being a Godspeaker, and he tries to hide this fact from everybody.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
I guess I'll play, I'll take some dibs.
yeah ok yeah ok yeah
this sounds pretty cool. But I'm only going to watch.
Have fun guys.
I'm at school!
what better to do than make up my pokemon now

Trainer Name: Rally Feren
Trainer Class: Psychic- Fire Breather
History: One day, while Rally was at a rally, breathing fire at political important people, the police came! OHNOOOO
Suddenly, out of the bushes, came THREE POKEMON! ALL LEVEL 50!
and Rally defeated both the police and the three pokemon ALL BY HERSELF.
Having successfully scared political people into doing what she want and defeated all opposition, she became ruler of the country.

Later she caught three pokemon and raised them to level 50 and entered this thing
Trainer Name: Ryan Davidson
Trainer Class: Researcher/Professor
History: Was fairly good at tactics, but had lots of trouble figuring out which ball held which pokemon. This very rarely worked in his favor.
He resorted to cheap tricks and sneaky tactics - his favourite is getting some sun-sensitive contact lens, glaring up into the sun while he grabbed a ball at random, then looking down with pitch-black eyes and giving the most demented grin he could give when people questioned his choice. He's managed to scare off people from a 4x super effective attack just by doing this.
Once he sorted out the pokeball thing, his years of trouble with it had made him very good at adaptive play.
Worked for a time at the battle factory, learnt a LOT about pokemon there.

Sorry, how do you calculate the stats? Is it like, base + 2 or am I doing it wrong?
oh jeez new interest maybe I could actually get this going some day!

Er, it should be explained on the wiki I think, here, but send me a PM with the three Pokemons you want to use and after I'm all slept and stuff, I'll help you out with that. But the basic idea is For every level up your pokemon has gained (which would be 49 in this case) you get to add a point to their stats, as long as you respect the Base Relation. Which means if ATK is your pokemon's highest stat, it always has to be the highest stat, and if DEF is your pokemon's lowest stat, it always has to be the lowest stat. Base Stats that are equal don't have to remain equal. Aaaand your pokemon's nature affects the Base Stats, so if the nature would add +2 DEF and -2 ATK, and it makes, say, SATK the highest stat suddenly and SDEF the lowest, then suddenly those have to be the new highest/lowest. EDIT:OH YEAH and if your pokemon's Nature changes its base HP, it only changes it by 1 instead of 2.
and remember all the stats and stuff you need are In this PDF
Although they're working on getting the pokedex onto the wiki so eventually we won't need PDFs at all!!!

I'm tired I don't know if I explained that well. So yeah, just fire off a PM in my direction and we'll get you sorted out.
awesomesauce
also, i figured out what .zips are for
so you just got saved about a billion questions
justa heads up.
These three little mongrels'l be at ya door in a second.
So maybe we should just try for one more player? that way we'd have four, one for each corner.
Well I originally wanted 8 but if I can't drum up enough others, I could probably work with at least 4.

maybe if i got this running i'd get back into the groove of running this system to continue that other thing *glances in the general direction of certain people*
I'm going to do this tonight so expect that!
Trainer Name: fuck, I Entilliumn
Trainer Class: Magical Trainer
History: Born with a unique mysticalness, Entilliumn really enjoyed watching pokemon battle and loved them overall. He was a poor child, and growing up was tough. Once he reached the age of 16, his parents bunkered down and got him a pokeball. It may have been the only one he's ever had, but he kept it and trained his pokemon in order to advance the ranks and get into a pokemon colosseum! Along the way, Entilliumn learned that he was able to telepathically lift things with his mind. Now, he uses his mind in order to talk to his pokemon and do pretty much any physical action.
Quote:"I was once a man; who had a future. And I'm sure I had a past."
[Image: signaturejc.png]
SpoilerShow
Trainer Name: Ms. Conifer
Trainer Class: Coördinator
History: A retired master coördinator, spend most of her time caring for the pokemon she used to travel with and playing bridge with other old ladies (Not that she's old, she's only 73). During a heated discussion with her bridgepartner, whom had been a very good trainer in her younger years, they made a bet: Both would try out the others former field of profession, and the one to make it the farthest had the hardest profession. So now she had to take her beloved former champions of beauty into this mess of adrenaline.

EDIT: Creating these pokemon is complecated shit, can you do one as an example so we know we're not doing it wrong?