USER-MADE MEDIOCRE VIDEOGAMES

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(I wasn't sure where to put this, so move it if it makes more sense in another area.)

So

I've made a couple mediocre videogames and i don't know what to do with them. So i was like "I'll make an eagle time thread!"

If anyone else makes mediocre videogames they can put them here, too.

I'll Pretend to Fall in Love in the Dead of Night, a visual novel that's kind of really stupid but still better than the game below it. Made with Novelty Visual Novel maker.

You Must Choose, a poorly-made game about making choices, chess pieces, with a quote from some German philosopher stuffed in there somewhere. Made with Gamemaker 8.0.
RE: USER-MADE MEDIOCRE VIDEOGAMES
I'll Pretend to Fall in Love in the Dead of Night isn't working for me.

When I try to run it an error message pops up telling me it can't find "d3dx9_37.dll", whatever that is.

In my quest for adventure I tried changing the name of the .dll archive in the zip for that one, but then it gave me an error anyway.
I made this when I was 12 and it is still my single greatest achievement

you play as a space burger and have to rescue your nondescript gems from the clutches of the evil doctor robotnik by navigating mazes where the walls are made of dynamite
this leads up to an epic boss battle which I can't remember how to win because I don't seem to have programmed in any means of attack

please don't ask me what the controls are because I have no idea, just mash the keyboard until things happen
I don't know if it's because I pressed H (don't do it at all guys, i'm serious!!!!), but after avoiding the space shuttles or whatever for a while i got teleported into a MYSTERY MAZE with MYSTERY MUSIC

then i did something wrong and the game killed itself

oh and i really like when the music stops being a pokémon song and it's like three or four seconds of a very high pitched note
Waiting for g0m to post his amazing games.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I could not find a copy of game, (game name) because the internet is an actively vengeful adversary but (game name) 2 is a total improvement with only slight genre shifts
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
"d3dx9_37.dll" errors mean you need direct X9 or higher. TIME TO TRY OUT EVERYONE ELSE'S VIDEOGAMES
(01-10-2012, 06:33 PM)Jacquerel Wrote: »I made this when I was 12 and it is still my single greatest achievement

This is a good game. I liked the part with the dragons, they gave me many diamonds.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I'm going to have to look around for my USER-MADE MEDIOCRE GAMES, Wally the Watermelon and Mole Dodgeball. Meanwhile I will gives these games a look!
Time's games didn't work for me :<

BURGER QUEST was very amazing. :O

I am working on a game right now, called Superhero Roguelike, which is going to be a roguelike in the superhero genre. It is in a very early stage of development right now, but oh well. :v
Mediocre? Well I have just the thing

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61529083/Get%20...20bomb.exe

Get the Key to the Door (Also the Key is a Bomb)

25 HEART-RIPPING LEVELS, OR ACTUALLY LIKE 18 LEVELS THAT ARE MODERATELY DIFFICULT AT BEST AND THEN THE LAST BATCH OF LEVELS KICK YOUR ASS
USE ARROWS TO MOVE, USE Z TO ACTIVATE SWITCHES
GET STUCK IN THE WALL WHEN YOU GET INBETWEEN THE WALL AND A MOVING PLATFORM BECAUSE GLITCHES, THEN HIT R TO RESTART LEVEL
HOPEFULLY DON'T DROP THE KEY BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE 10 DIFFERENT THINGS HAVE CAUSED THAT GLITCH AND I HAVE HAD TO FIX IT AT EVERY TURN

Remember kids, you only win if you get a message saying you won
THERE IS NOTHING ELSE
GO AWAY
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.