Egg.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Egg.
Egg.
I wanna run a blue ryuujin campaign with the ring who wants to play?
  • I didn't understand any of that!
Alright, the game we'll be playing is Ryuutama, a tabletop RPG that's been described as "Miyazaki meets Oregon Trail." Everything is dragons, but aside from that, the details of the setting will emerge as we build the world through travel.

In the world of Ryuutama, everyone goes on a journey at some point in their lives. Just ordinary people; farmers, merchants, and the like.

THIS IS YOUR JOURNEY; THIS IS YOUR STORY
  • Ok but what's that blue whatever stuff
The Ryuujin is the gm's character, a dragon who watches over travelers and records their stories to feed to the seasonal dragons. The color of the Ryuujin tells you something about the type of stories they want to record. Blue is the color for stories about "Love, friendship, and human drama"--take that as you will.

The Ryuujin have different Artefacts with certain properties-- the Ring Artefact, which I will be starting the Ryuujin with, dictates something about the scenario: "all of the PCs are relatives, students, or disciples (students/masters)." I'm broadening the scope of that slightly in that you aren't restricted to only those three/four options, but you are all connected by something beyond the fact that you're all on the road at the same time. Maybe you all come from the same hometown? Well, we'll determine it in the pre-game session/chats, along with your characters and so on.

SPEAKING OF WHICH don't come with pre-made characters! It's ok to have a general idea of what you like to play but don't set it in stone before the whole team gets together to character and world-build a bit
  • This looks cool but you're doing a terrible job at explaining the rules
Yeah yeah yeah, its late and i'm tired, but you can get your own copy of the rulebook over here, and/or you can hit me up on skype for a pdf. It's not a complicated system and most of what can't be inferred from the website + the sheets provided there can be explained pretty easily, but I'd still advise giving it a read, if for no other reason than it has item lists and magic lists and so on.
  • How are we gonna do this?
We'll start sometime after exams are over (around the 15th for me iirc) I'd like to meet once a week and do voicechat over skype or discord. Dicerolls will probably be done in roll 20, or if everyone has tabletop sim or some better idea we could try those.
  • How do I sign up?
Uhhh fill out this thing I guess

Timezone:
Expected available times (Over the summer):
Expected absolutely unavailable times (Same as above):
*Favorite Season:
*Favorite Seasoning:
*Something you want out of the game:
*GOT QUESTIONS?:

* indicates optional fields
~◕ w◕~
RE: Egg.
<Reserved for later>
~◕ w◕~
Timezone:EST
Expected available times (Over the summer): Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday from noonish/late morning to early evening (4pmish), Monday, Wednesday, Friday I can stay up even later, let's say up to 2 AM
Expected absolutely unavailable times (Same as above): Saturdays, Tuesday+Thursday nights
*Favorite Season: Travelling season! (no but answer this question with one of the four normal answers y'all)
*Favorite Seasoning: GARLIC
*Something you want out of the game: I hope I can make everyone laugh, cry, and generally have a good time
*GOT QUESTIONS?: Yeah, one: who's in?
~◕ w◕~
Timezone:
Expected available times (Over the summer): Most days and nights, I make my own hours if I'm not in school.
Expected absolutely unavailable times (Same as above): I'll have class every monday through thursday from 3 - 5 , Tuesday and Wednesday nights till about 10 are also tricky for me for different reasons.
*Favorite Season: I like fall and winter.
*Favorite Seasoning: Is salt a seasoning? Because if so salt. If not, chilli pepper.
*Something you want out of the game: I just want to be better friends with you guys and maybe do some cool adventuring together
*GOT QUESTIONS?: Plenty, yeah, but I think i'll figure them out as we go.
Hi there! I'd really appreciate it if you took some time to read my adventure Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief! Thanks!
[Image: 8zbr3I4.png]
Dope ass dragon created by the incomparable Earthexe
Timezone: GMT
Expected available times (Over the summer): Most evenings, though i won't stay up late on wednesdays. I expect we'll be running this late my time anyway bc of all you americanos.
Expected absolutely unavailable times (Same as above): saturdays, fridays during the day. Highly mutable because i hope to get a job soon.
*Favorite Season: summer
*Favorite Seasoning: Cumin
*Something you want out of the game: I wanna make a cute character go on an adventure
*GOT QUESTIONS?: noe

EGG IS A GOOD.
Oh this looks very lovely