Eagle Time
Lucidstuck I - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Adventures and Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Lucidstuck I (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - The One Guy - 06-14-2016

(06-14-2016, 08:15 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »
(06-14-2016, 07:33 PM)The One Guy Wrote: »If they won't allow themselves to be helped in any way, then there's no reason not to just kill them.

We could try and get an exquisite soul out of it. That'd be a pretty good reason to not immediately kill them.

Isn't that just for boss monsters, though?

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Ferociousfeind - 06-14-2016

(06-14-2016, 08:17 PM)The One Guy Wrote: »
(06-14-2016, 07:33 PM)The One Guy Wrote: »If they won't allow themselves to be helped in any way, then there's no reason not to just kill them.

We could try and get an exquisite soul out of it. That'd be a pretty good reason to not immediately kill them.

and anyone whom is befriended.
which may be... only applicable to reapers and boss monsters anyways...? ._.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Kayriel - 06-14-2016

(06-14-2016, 09:45 PM)Ferociousfeind Wrote: »
(06-14-2016, 08:17 PM)The One Guy Wrote: »

and anyone whom is befriended.
which may be... only applicable to reapers and boss monsters anyways...? ._.

I was fairly sure that's only boss monsters and reapers who drop exquisite souls upon death. Boss monsters give an item worth an exquisite soul/their level when fully-tamed/befriended. I don't think anything was said about all monsters.

The only reason we're not butchering them all for the exp is because the world warps to follow the kids' levels, Lunatic is a thing now, and Emily. Plus some of them seem like they could be helpful if used properly. If we win, they win. Granted, if we win they all cease to exist when Event Horizon comes down. But whatever. It's about the morality points for the kids.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - royalPawn - 06-14-2016

(06-14-2016, 09:55 PM)Kayriel Wrote: »I was fairly sure that's only boss monsters and reapers who drop exquisite souls upon death. Boss monsters give an item worth an exquisite soul/their level when fully-tamed/befriended. I don't think anything was said about all monsters.

The only reason we're not butchering them all for the exp is because the world warps to follow the kids' levels, Lunatic is a thing now, and Emily. Plus some of them seem like they could be helpful if used properly. If we win, they win. Granted, if we win they all cease to exist when Event Horizon comes down. But whatever. It's about the morality points for the kids.

I believe there have been hints of a possibility to take befriended monsters with us when the construct ends, so there's that

EDIT: Found this in my transcripts:

Panur Wrote:Our beloved Ruu doesn't really exist outside the construct (as far as I understand) and that is unacceptable. Is there any remote possibility of Construct jumping a la Jade session-jumping in Homsestuck so that we may bring her (and any other friend we make) along?

iP Wrote:What happens about that is spoilery

That's a lot vaguer than I remember but it's something.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 06-14-2016

Boss monsters naturally drop exquisite souls, and when fully pacified give items that turn regular dropped souls into exquisite souls of the same level as the boss monster. Teaper kids, monsters that are inside the party, as well as monsters that have been effected by Kalem's venom ALSO drop exquisite souls.

There was somewhat of an argument a while back when I suggested tricking monsters that we were planning on killing into the party so we could get an exquisite soul from them. And no, I still don't mean randomly inviting monsters into the party to kill them. It's more along the lines of right before delivering the death blow of a monster going "A monster in the party says what?" "What?" *monster has joined the party*.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Kayriel - 06-15-2016

(06-14-2016, 11:10 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »Boss monsters naturally drop exquisite souls, and when fully pacified give items that turn regular dropped souls into exquisite souls of the same level as the boss monster. Teaper kids, monsters that are inside the party, as well as monsters that have been effected by Kalem's venom ALSO drop exquisite souls.

There was somewhat of an argument a while back when I suggested tricking monsters that we were planning on killing into the party so we could get an exquisite soul from them. And no, I still don't mean randomly inviting monsters into the party to kill them. It's more along the lines of right before delivering the death blow of a monster going "A monster in the party says what?" "What?" *monster has joined the party*.

So we get exquisite souls by betraying allies. Yeeeah no. Lunatic Mode Engage.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 06-15-2016

(06-15-2016, 12:50 AM)Kayriel Wrote: »
(06-14-2016, 11:10 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »Boss monsters naturally drop exquisite souls, and when fully pacified give items that turn regular dropped souls into exquisite souls of the same level as the boss monster. Teaper kids, monsters that are inside the party, as well as monsters that have been effected by Kalem's venom ALSO drop exquisite souls.

No. We get exquisite souls by tricking enemies that we would have killed anyways. I tried to explain it further because this time because the exact same conclusion was drawn last time. Apparently I failed.

What I mean is if there is somebody that is hostile to us and we are not trying to recruit them for whatever reason, be it simply because it would be too difficult to or if there's no reason to believe that we could, right before the killing blow we could try and trick them into joining the part. Preferably like I said before with a play on a phrase, something like "hey, you wanna party with us?" and a half thought response from the monster.

Just because I want to be able to fight allies does not mean that I want to betray them. Nor do I think that it would be healthy for the kids' state of mind, even WITHOUT the threat of Lunacy.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Kayriel - 06-15-2016

(06-15-2016, 01:04 AM)martialAcademic Wrote: »
(06-15-2016, 12:50 AM)Kayriel Wrote: »

No. We get exquisite souls by tricking enemies that we would have killed anyways. I tried to explain it further because this time because the exact same conclusion was drawn last time. Apparently I failed.

What I mean is if there is somebody that is hostile to us and we are not trying to recruit them for whatever reason, be it simply because it would be too difficult to or if there's no reason to believe that we could, right before the killing blow we could try and trick them into joining the part. Preferably like I said before with a play on a phrase, something like "hey, you wanna party with us?" and a half thought response from the monster.

Just because I want to be able to fight allies does not mean that I want to betray them. Nor do I think that it would be healthy for the kids' state of mind, even WITHOUT the threat of Lunacy.

Wasn't talking about your idea, mA, just the information you presented. The idea has its merits.

(06-15-2016, 02:36 AM)Kayriel Wrote: »Wasn't talking about your idea, mA, just the information you presented. The idea has its merits.

Ah, gotcha. My mistake. I could also swear that I heard something about the Construct dream world rolling over due to Nightmare taking actions, so there's that.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Zephyr Nepres - 06-15-2016

One criticism I have for Lucidstuck is that the Black Creation Stones make the alchemy aspect of Lucidstuck is kinda boring, because we don't really have limits like we did before. It was way more interesting imo when we had to use stuff we got from enemies and use reggie's scarf to steal their items and stuff like that. Wish we could do it like back then.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 06-15-2016

(06-15-2016, 11:18 AM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: »One criticism I have for Lucidstuck is that the Black Creation Stones make the alchemy aspect of Lucidstuck is kinda boring, because we don't really have limits like we did before. It was way more interesting imo when we had to use stuff we got from enemies and use reggie's scarf to steal their items and stuff like that. Wish we could do it like back then.

Hello new Dreamer, welcome to your best nightmare ^^
As always, here is your orientation video, and remember, keep the kids alive!

As-for the BCS fragments, i think it made things easier, sure, but not boring.
And items which enemies drop still have their own, sometives VERY useful, attributes, whereas drawn items have none.

And since dropped items count as Basic Lv0 on the crafting-ladder, then these are potentially VERY useful. (especially since you can only combine items together a total of 7 times before it explodes!)

So we are actually incentivised to kill powerful monsters in this regard, since they may drop useful monsters, making a Pacifist run that much more challenging.

It's also a very compelling morality test, as our actions with Lexii have clearly shown us, self-confidence alone is not enough to stave off the Malice which brews in the back of the mind, and only Friendship and Mercy may redeem us.

TL;DR i fully support IP's choice of portraying morality through game-mechanics.

(06-15-2016, 01:41 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »
(06-15-2016, 11:18 AM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: »One criticism I have for Lucidstuck is that the Black Creation Stones make the alchemy aspect of Lucidstuck is kinda boring, because we don't really have limits like we did before. It was way more interesting imo when we had to use stuff we got from enemies and use reggie's scarf to steal their items and stuff like that. Wish we could do it like back then.

Hello new Dreamer, welcome to your best nightmare ^^
As always, here is your orientation video, and remember, keep the kids alive!

As-for the BCS fragments, i think it made things easier, sure, but not boring.
And items which enemies drop still have their own, sometives VERY useful, attributes, whereas drawn items have none.

And since dropped items count as Basic Lv0 on the crafting-ladder, then these are potentially VERY useful. (especially since you can only combine items together a total of 7 times before it explodes!)

So we are actually incentivised to kill powerful monsters in this regard, since they may drop useful monsters, making a Pacifist run that much more challenging.

It's also a very compelling morality test, as our actions with Lexii have clearly shown us, self-confidence alone is not enough to stave off the Malice which brews in the back of the mind, and only Friendship and Mercy may redeem us.

TL;DR i fully support IP's choice of portraying morality through game-mechanics.

Zeph isn't new. He's from before you even joined, unless I'm mixing people up. XD

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 06-15-2016

(06-15-2016, 02:50 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »Zeph isn't new. He's from before you even joined, unless I'm mixing people up. XD

My bad then, welcome back! >.<

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Kayriel - 06-16-2016

I don't agree in the slightest. We don't have time to wander around looking for monsters who might or might not have a drop, considering how rare drops have been on killed monsters.

We have so much to do and we've wasted so much time. Nightmare's getting closer, the Entity is still lurking, Daydream is losing her shit. We don't have the update# or in-world time to go grind and farm, and even if we did it's too dangerous: we might run across something that just blind-sides the kids completely and we run the risk of losing extremely valuable or irreplaceable resources, such as the Reapers or Attendants (again).

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 06-16-2016

hey guys, i made some bases so we can draw gear on Lucas and Garry, feel free to use them if anyone wants

[Image: tumblr_o8uaowNxO71r7g47po1_1280.png]

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 06-16-2016

guess what's under the spoiler, yeah, memes

SpoilerShow

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Princezz - 06-16-2016

(06-16-2016, 09:44 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »guess what's under the spoiler, yeah, memes

SpoilerShow

These are quite funny X)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 06-16-2016

(06-16-2016, 09:44 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »guess what's under the spoiler, yeah, memes

SpoilerShow

I find these even more hilarious considering the first few words in that newspaper are about Canadian nuclear reactors xD

And good lord... the shading on that font alone is enough to drive a man to the brink of madness :o

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Kayriel - 06-16-2016

Ah, but only if I could draw, Pan. I have so many designs for gear and clothing in my head and no ability to get them out of there!

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Shadowfyst997 - 06-16-2016

SpoilerShow

Those are all gold, love the Emily one and stairs one especially :3

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ForestGardener - 06-17-2016

(06-14-2016, 07:15 PM)itsthewhinyguys Wrote: »Hey y'all, I've been following this for a while on the mirror, and I finally decided to become a full-fledged observer.

>Derrick: Discuss with Lucia about drawing up some kind of nonlethal weapon that could calm/pacify enemies.
(06-14-2016, 07:22 PM)itsthewhinyguys Wrote: »
(06-14-2016, 07:19 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »I'm uncomfortable with this on principle. It'd basically be mind control.

Hmm, point. Maybe something that could put an enemy to sleep, then?

Welcome!
We have already tried pepper smoke (to which iP responded with Archadia) and depressant (which I don't recall getting used). Sedatives (tranquilizers), hallucinogens, and truth serum (which works by making you not care) are possible other options. A bolas could work for some enemies.

-GASP- OH! That's the loophole Garry spoke of!

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 06-17-2016

heys guys, already made some cool threads for Garry

[Image: tumblr_o8wbyoa8Rz1r7g47po1_r1_500.png]

* I'm calling this one "Midnight Regalia" because I suck at naming clothes so I'll accept any other suggestions.
* Weapon belt (”Ruin’s Buckle”) has x4 Kunai (may change it to plain throwing knives? would that be better for Garry?) + the belt buckle has an extensible steel thread with a pendulum at the end. Garry can use the pendulum with his aspect powers and basically inflict 'doom' on the monster- the next hit it takes (maybe more than one turn) will be a critical hit.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - xemnasondsi - 06-18-2016

I'm seconding the idea of dumping the inventory. also, if we make a rose with BCS i say we make this. Crimson Magister Set using the rose and some form of formal wear. The set bonus could be charms monsters for 2 or 3 turns (if tier 4 item(defusing Derrick's current wear)), or allows the wearer to attack repeatedly after sustaining a certain amount of damage (75% of total health=2 attacks, 50%=3 attacks, 25%=4 attacks (healing counteracts this)) (if tier 5 item (combining Derrick's current wear)).

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 06-18-2016

=>

[Image: mgjD9GT.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: l0rnE4r.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 6hHZIsv.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: tWHuqQM.png]

Lucia has used up a CREATION FRAGMENT.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 0if0GVi.png]

Lucia makes room for what else you have in store.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: lLVcgZ1.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: yN23Fkr.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 7b5W6jd.png]

With lightning speed, you sketch up 2 TUFT OF BAMBINO,

BLACK FEATHER and a BLACK BOX.

[Image: mdpj1E2.png]

You gaze at your items. You combine TUFT OF BAMBINO, BLACK FEATHER and BLACK BOX to create:

BLACK CREATION BOX.

This item works in substitute for your combination ability, items go into the user's inventory and depending on the combination methods, your result will pop out of the box in front of you. An item stored in the box till pop put the ingredients in the same fashion.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: gbOn0mH.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: Z8zYXxj.png]

Lucia put her QUARTER on the floor to make room in her inventory.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: qLUTC5j.png]

Lucia combines a ROCK, LIGHTER and BATTERY with 3 WOODEN STICK to create:

FIRE WAND, EARTH WAND and ELECTRIC WAND.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: GsYYKcP.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: VGQdTFh.png]

Lucia combines the HANDHELD FAN and WATER BOTTLE with WOODEN STICK to create:

WATER WAND and AIR WAND.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: rkWWOZI.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: oMCPrct.png]

Lucia combined AIR WAND, WATER WAND, FIRE WAND, EARTH WAND, and ELECTRIC WAND to create:

ALL IN WAND.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: svX5QUJ.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 8bHjmHU.png]

Lucia combines BRASS KNUCKLES and LEATHER GLOVES to create:

IRON FIST.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: fx9z9s7.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: RvKGruK.png]

Lucia combines ALL IN WAND with IRON FIST to create:

ELEMENTAL IRON FIST and ELEMENTAL GLOVES.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: fro7y9a.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: rjL5TVM.png]

Lucia combines T-SHIRT with NICE JACKET to create:

NICE T-SHIRT JACKET.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: GIJHS23.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: BQCY4Fw.png]

Lucia combines NICE HAT, NICE T-SHIRT JACKET, NICE PANTS, NICE SHOES, and ELEMENTAL IRON FIST to create:

Steampunk(SP) HAT, SP T-SHIRT JACKET, SP PANTS, SP SHOES and SP ELEMENTAL IRON FIST!

Together these items make STEAMPUNK SHENANIGANS set! With each item granting -25 to damage received for a total of -125 damage received! This set also grants the set bonus: Wind up! This increases the user's strength by +10 for each of their turns as long as they're in a battle.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: P9yzrUi.png]

You switch your set for STEAMPUNK SHENANIGANS, you also unequip your CRESCENT NECKLACE, PRECISON GLARE, and your SHOES.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: Ub00DZp.png]

You move all of your things onto the bed, while Lucia stores the rest of the items in her inventory.

[Image: zaFCeHG.png]

Lucia combines TINY HAT, BLACK DRESS, HIGH HEEL BOOTS and ELEMENTAL GLOVES to create:

STEAMPUNK(SP) TINY HAT, SP BLACK DRESS, SP HIGH HEEL BOOTS and SP ELEMENTAL GLOVES.

Together, these make the BRASSIONISTA set! Each piece of this set grants -25 damage reduction for a total of -100 to any damage inflicted. This set also has the set bonus: WIND UP! Increasing Lucia's strength by +10 every turn.

[Image: 5DGZzWa.png]

Show ChatlogShow

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 06-18-2016

>Lucia: may as well make some gear for the reapers, tell derrick to get started on something that'll serve as armor while you go get your old clothes, may as well get some use out of them