The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round... Uh, Seven? The Oasis]

The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round... Uh, Seven? The Oasis]
Re: The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round Three: The Epigen Center]
Originally posted on MSPA by Solaris.

SpoilerShow
As it turned out Paul, in training, was not as helpful as May had advertized. Talking to Paul led to talking to Rich (Assistant Inductor), Maria (Feedback and Internal Relations), and Marco-Anthony Jr. (Emergency Scapegoat) and that all led to him being on hold for far too long. This wasn't because of something that Gabe realized so much as because the owner of the phone that he had been using had spotted him and wondered what he was doing at his phone.

"Uh... Gabe, isn't your cubicle... that way?" He pointed off across from where Gabe was.

"Oh uh, I just assumed... uhm... I'll be going now."

And so Gabe got going, not just to his cubicle, though he should have as a loyal employee, but to get a good look around the building. After seeing the absurdly selected colors that made up the ugly carpet and the disorienting pattern that was plastered on the walls, Gabe realized why there was no one else walking the halls with him. Still, he persevered past the poor or absolute genius design and and made it to the end of the hall, where there was a directory of the floors and an elevator.

The directory, which informed Gabe that he was on the Fifty-Fourth Floor (Telesales and Econoblasts) was another confusing mess. "Uhm... okay..." In his attempt to figure out the difference between the Department of Redundancy and the Redundancy Department, Gabe heard a little clink sound as he moved his eyes to a little coin rolling toward the elevator. Said elevator opened up and then had the penny lodged right inside it. A tad curious as to the coinage used and not exactly wanting to leave a coin in the middle of an elevator, Gabe walked to the elevator and attempted to grab the coin, only to be pushed in further before he could do anything.

As he descended down, with myriad after myriad of useless natter and chatter going in and out, all about the magazine sales and the uncovered artifacts and the insane Fraze person.
Wait did that person just say Fraze?
Before he could process this, the elevator made it's stop and everyone in the elevator left, save Gabe and one man dressed in what seemed to be Janitor clothing. There was silence as Gabe looked around the elevator, avoiding the coin that had fallen earlier and the gaze of the janitor.

Finally, he spoke up, "So, are you just going to stand there or are you going to get off the elevator and off to work?"

"Well-"

The Janitor edged closer, he was easily six or more feet tall, standing over Gabe, who gulped at the large man. "Well what?"

"Uhm..." Gabe took a moment to consider what exactly he would say. He didn't know what his job was, nor did he have a real idea of where he was. In the end, he settled for a meek, "No?"

"I see... then that must make you..." The Janitor nodded and then pressed a few random buttons on the elevator. The somewhat cheery light of the elevator was replaced by a much more dim shine, with the darkness almost covering Gabe and the Janitor completley. After a while, the elevator door opened, revealing a blinding light as Gabe was hoisted out of the shaft.

When he opened his eyes, he was surprised to see a nice lounge, red carpet, a lot of comfy looking chairs and beanbags, and various television screens. Unlike in the above office building, people seemed to be happy.

A robed woman walked up to him and she shook the hand of the Janitor, who Gabe had just noticed was still there. "Ah, welcome to The Room, I see you brought a friend Brother Flynn."

"He is not my friend, not yet, I felt resonated with him during our short time together on the elevator. As such I allowed him to join me here."

"Oh, I see, well then sir, please make yourself at home, someone will be with you momentarily to answer any questions, come this way please." She waved farewell to Brother Flynn and grabbed Gabe, plopping him onto a comfy beanbag before going away, probably to get him a guide of some sort. Looking at the room, there were not that many people, especially compared to the office halls, but he still felt like he was being watched. After spotting the elevator shaft he came down in, he contemplated going back up...

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
RULES ADDENDUM - by MaxieSatan - 04-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Re: The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round Three: The Epigen Center] - by Solaris - 12-18-2011, 05:05 AM