The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round... Uh, Seven? The Oasis]

The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round... Uh, Seven? The Oasis]
Re: The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round Three: The Epigen Center]
Originally posted on MSPA by Not The Author.

So, what does this thing do?

Dunnoh.

...Didn’t you build it?

Vell, yea, but sat doesn’t mean I know vhat it does. Only vhat it’s supposed to do.

Okay, Mister Arbitrary Distinc-

Doctor.

Doctor Arbitrary Distinctions. What is it supposed to do?

Simply put, it is a mechanical mind. Ideally it vill eliminate human error from se company. But, ah, not all at vonse... As se prototype, I’ve only hooked it up to a select few systems.

Well, switch it on! We don’t get paid if it doesn’t do anything, and if it doesn’t work, then you need to start fixing it ASAP.

Ja, ja, ihre hosen tragen…

…Say, what do you call this thing, anyway?

It is <font color="SteelBlue">Atlas
, for it is se pillar upon which se future vorld vill be built.</font>

Having had time to acclimate to the abrupt shift that came with each new round, the Bridge had become the flurry of orders and activity Itzel recalled from the early years of fleeing The Crunch.

“A few other things besides the phones, but mostly inconsequential maintenance systems. Climate control, that sort of thing.”

“Right. We’ll need more access to their systems. Heng?”

“On i’. I’ll ha’ securi’y feeds for you in a bi’.”

“Good. Szindle, get their comms back online, and set up a proxy to mimic that operator. Physical, not digital.”

snick cliclack tlacack

"Language!"

clicliclicliclik

“Admiral?”

“LeBeau.”

“We have access to the company database. What would you like me to investigate first?”

“Start with personnel, then see what projects are underway. Scan their history to get a baseline of when and where, while you’re at it.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“I don’t think we’re, like, s’posed to be moving around and stuff. Don’t wanna get fired, heh?”

“Agreed. Terrence?”

“Jhes, Atmiral?”

“I know you’ve been working on new ship designs. How would you like to test them out?”

Hah! I’d like zhat very much.”

“Wonderful. Mobilize the fleet, and... maybe disguise the visible ones as cockroaches.”

The Admiral slumped over in her chair, a moment of respite just in time to be interrupted by her second-in-command.

“What’s the plan, then?”

Itzel wearily sized up the avian. He was a loyal Captain, to be sure, and was devoted to the good of the ship... but honestly? She was surprised he'd held up this long. Fassil he had a paranoid streak that only worsened under stress, and if being in a battle to the death wasn't stressful...

She was about to make several decisions she knew he wouldn't like. She hoped she could convince him that her way was the right way, because if she couldn't...

"...There is a plan, right?"

A melancholy laugh escaped her maw. Yep, that was Fassil.

“Keep the contestants away from each other and out of danger. Take control of Epigen and bring this round to a halt.”

The Captain's expression shifted quickly from incomprehension to incredulity.

“Wait... you mean to make it boring for our host?”

“It’s... a start. Besides, we need to figure out a way out of this contest once and for all. Stalling for time seems as good as anything to help us get there.”

“I... suppose so, Admiral.”

...If she couldn't, there was a good chance they were all doomed.

Good. Now let’s get to work! We have a contest to ruin.”

Messages In This Thread
RULES ADDENDUM - by MaxieSatan - 04-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Re: The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round Three: The Epigen Center] - by Not The Author - 11-25-2011, 11:15 PM