The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round... Uh, Seven? The Oasis]

The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round... Uh, Seven? The Oasis]
Re: The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round Two: The Kestalvian Rainforest]
Originally posted on MSPA by Pick Yer Poison.

"Can't hurt to try," Sydra whispered back.

Ix pulled the nutribar out slowly; happily, it was a good deal less mushed up than he had been expecting. He carefully tossed it a few yards away from the edge of the whirling metal. "There you go, one scone."

AMP hovered forward to give one of his cameras a better look at the supposed scone, asking his database if it was really one. She responded that she wasn't going to tell him unless he stopped ignoring her until he needed her for something, because frankly she was getting a bit miffed about the whole thing and was thinking of ignoring him just to show him how it felt to get the cold shoulder all the time. AMP listened to her rant for a few cycles before giving her the virtual equivalent of a kiss on the cheek and apologizing, knocking her off kilter and making her blush virtually. She stammered that no that was not a scone because scones were rounder and made of bread and that this was in no way over and AMP was not off the hook and she suddenly needed to sit down for a couple of cycles and oh dear she was rambling wasn't she and she'd just be quiet now, followed by a muttered statement AMP couldn't make out that made her blush again.

The camera looking at the nutribar swiveled back up to the pair of researchers, who had been eyeing it cautiously for the past two minutes, which the shrapnel cloud had spent in silent contemplation.

"This isn't a scone," it said in an oddly hurt tone.

Sydra was going to carefully think over how to respond, when Ix ruined the moment by blurting out a response of his own. "Well if you knew what a scone was, why'd you even bother asking us?"

"I only just found out now," it said matter-of-factly. "My database and I have worked out our issues now." It moved forward slightly, and the researchers tensed themselves in case it got too close. "I don't believe we introduced ourselves to one another. I am AMP. Who are you?"

"I'm Sydra," Sydra said carefully, responding quickly in case Ix decided to open his mouth again and say something it might take wrong. "This is Ix. We're researchers here, doing..." wait shit what if that's classified information "...uh, research stuff."

"Nice to meet you, Researcher Sydra and Researcher Ix," AMP responded, doing his best to be polite.

A thought occurred to Sydra. "Say, we have some scones back at the camp," he offered. "If you came back with us, we could show you them."

AMP was unsure whether to agree, so he asked his database for her opinion. She was still a bit flustered and just said she'd go along with whatever AMP decided. When he said that if it didn't matter he might as well say yes, another fragment of his processor decided to pipe up, barking at him about how terrible an idea it would be to go off with a stranger just because they offered him a scone. AMP tried to ask what it was saying, but it just yelled that it was the inspector in charge of safety protocols and it absolutely opposed going off with some strangers that were offering sweets, admonishing AMP and demanding to know if he had any idea, any idea how textbook this was. AMP replied that he did not, evoking more yelling about what an idiot he was and how he'd never find his true purpose at this rate because it sure as salamanders wasn't being a lumberjack. AMP's cheery mood vanished as he realized his inspector was right. His database spoke up sharply at this point and told the inspector to stop being such a jerk. It changed targets and began shouting bad things about her state of duty until she started to cry, at which point AMP shouted back at his inspector and told it to shut its yap and that he was going to go with these people just to spite it because it was such an ass and needed to learn better ways to communicate.

"I'll come," AMP said sourly.

Sydra cocked his head, confused by the unexplained change in AMP's tone of voice, but he began to lead him towards the camp anyway, mulling over which readings to take first once he had access to his equipment and could scan AMP.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RULES ADDENDUM - by MaxieSatan - 04-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Re: The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round Two: The Kestalvian Rainforest] - by Pick Yer Poison - 08-20-2011, 11:40 PM