The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round... Uh, Seven? The Oasis]

The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round... Uh, Seven? The Oasis]
Re: The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round One: The "Denny's"]
Originally posted on MSPA by Jakester390.

”Lucky, do you think you could do a scan for isotopes as well as rare metals so we can find the kazoo.”

"Yes, but-”

”But nothing. Tell me, which would be faster, finding the kazoo, or explaining to the guy with a machine gun for a hand why we can’t?”

"I get your point. It shouldn’t be that far in this direction.” Lucky floated off in the general direction of the sentinel, with both Winston and Quantos following.

”Okay... what in the world is this?” This referring to the sight which greeted Lucky, Quantos and Winston on the far side of the room. What looked like a man wearing the full skin of a wolf with a kazoo was glowing brightly, and the shape was slowly changing.

Blowing the kazoo had given Ned a full appreciation of life and a new lease on it. As Ned reached this profound epiphany, he felt his body changing. Ned felt his ears, not the wolf’s, move to the top of his head, lengthen, and grow fur. His nails wrapped around his fingers and grew longer, giving him a set of rudimentary claws. Ned felt his jaw and nose both lengthen and form a short muzzle. His teeth lengthened and sharpened, and although he couldn’t feel it, the skin on his face discolored in a way similar to KISS face paint. With these new features, Ned felt that he finally realized his destiny. He realized that life wasn’t about cheap thrills by walking in the skin of a wolf, or even letting a wolf walk in your skin. What really mattered, what really had the greatest reward for society, was MUSIC. And with the new features the kazoo had given him, he could spread society into a new age of prosperity. “AWOOOO! Are you all ready to ROCK?!?”

”Okay... so that’s what the kazoo does. Well there goes my plans of using it to induce time travel.” Quantos furrowed his brow in dissapointment. “Well I can see that this has obviously spiraled out of control. Winston, you lay down covering fire. Lucky, you blast away escape routes. I’ll take this guy down.” Quantos reached for his staff, but twisted the end and pulled out a sword from the its hiding place in the staff. Slicing in the sword in an arc over his head the sword’s nano-molecular edge split the concrete floor underneath, leaving a large scar in it.

”I probably should have mentioned this earlier but I used the last of my bullets shooting at Lucky.”

"And the mining beam needs time to recharge."

”Well that’s just great. Looks like it’s up to me then.” With that Quantos charged towards the newly transformed Ned.

Ned didn’t really recognize Quantos charging toward him as a potential threat. Instead Ned saw Quantos as an unenlightened member of society that had yet to learn that music was the future. With that view, Ned put the kazoo to his muzzle and blew, releasing the nuclear energies of the kazoo in a blast that pushed Quantos backwards into both Winston and Lucky. Ned then realized that his music must be spread throughout the world. With that in mind, Ned sped out of the room, pausing only to grab a purple and yellow jacket off what Ned recognized as a clearly adoring fan. Old Greg, after seeing what was clearly a music idol grab the jacket off of his back, spun around in adoration, dropping Etiyr in his haste, drawing an angered clacking from the typewriter. Old Greg's alien hand reached for Etiyr

Quantos picked himself off of both Lucky and Winston. “Well that went spectacular.”

”On the bright side it looks like he ran right into the room with all the ammo in it.”

”Yes but that blast shows that we’re probably not going to be able to take that guy alone. We’re going to need help.” Quantos began to pace back and forth near both Winston and Lucky. “I don’t know where Gabe, Cailean, or Gaurinn could have possibly gotten to. Elimine doesn’t trust me after that much time hanging around with Etiyr and probably is wary of you Lucky. Etiyr hates both of us because we know that he is a manipulator. And judging from the purple jacket that the guy just picked up, The Convolution is controlling him.”

"What about AMP then?"

“That could, quite possibly, go horribly wrong. We’ve got two people with metallic body parts, and one of us being almost entirely out of metal, talking about teaming up with a being that moves using a magnetic field.” Quantos exhaled in exasperation “This would most like lead to your entire metallic part being ripped off Winston if you are not careful to stay a good distance away from AMP. Lucky, the magnetic field could quite possibly wipe out all compute controls. Or quite possibly any other data you have stored on magnetic tape. And the field could quite possibly rip both my arm and eye right out of their sockets, leading to increadible pain for me.” Quantos stopped his pacing and took a deep breath in, fortifying himself for what must be done. “But I guess we don’t really have much choice.” Quantos stepped towards AMP, being careful not to enter the range of AMP’s magnetic field. “Hey AMP. We could use some help taking down the guy who stole the kazoo. Think you could give us a hand?”

Messages In This Thread
RULES ADDENDUM - by MaxieSatan - 04-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Re: The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round One: The "Denny's"] - by GBCE - 06-21-2011, 02:32 PM