The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round... Uh, Seven? The Oasis]

The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round... Uh, Seven? The Oasis]
Re: The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round One: The "Denny's"]
Originally posted on MSPA by Jakester390.

This has to have been the fastest I’ve ever been singled out as abnormal in an environment and attacked. Excluding the first time I time-travelled, that doesn’t count.

Quantos quickly drew his staff off of the strap that attached it to his lab coat. “I don’t want to fight you. But you did attack me, so I will attempt to end this conflict as soon as possible.”

“I don’t care what your feelings are on the matter. You’re a threat to the rest of us so you must be eliminated. ACCELERANDO SLASH!” Elimine slashed several times at Quantos, each slash coming faster than the one before it. All of them were blocked due to the fact that Quantos’s staff had quite a long reach and could easily be rotated to block from any direction.

“Judging from the fact that you yell your attacks before performing them leads me to think you believe yourself like a superhero.” Quantos swiped low with his staff, which Elimine jumped over. “As a result, you should have no problem engaging in banter with combat.” A sweep to the left elbow, easily dodged. “So I ask of you, how did you determine that I am a threat?”

”Etiyr told me. ENERGICO SLICE!” A rapid series of slashes rained down on Quantos, all but one blocked by his staff, the last hitting his right arm, scraping it. “He said that you were unstable, have time manipulation powers, and the ability to come to conclusions rapidly. SHARP SCRATCH!” An upward slicing blow, deflected with minimal effort.

”All true except for the unstable part.” Quantos swiped with his staff towards the trombone, inducing a blade lock. “If anything the title to unstable should go to you.” Quantos used the excess space granted by his staff to perform a roundhouse kick, which Elimine blocked by grabbing Quantos’s foot. “Attacking someone without any provocation, and yet carrying yourself like a hero.” Disengaging from the blade lock, Quantos used the excess momentum to smash his elbow into Elimine’s shoulder, knocking her off balance. “In other words, what do you have any evidence of that proves I am a threat?” Quantos, instead of pushing the advantage granted by knocking Elimine off balance, stepped back.

”Like I said, Etiyr told me. SCHERZO BREAK!” A series of slashes, even more rapid than the first step, rained down where Quantos was as Elimine turned around. Or rather, where Quantos would have been if he had pressed his advantage. “I don’t get it. Why are you toying with me? Why don’t you fight back properly?”

“It’s simple. I’m proving to you that I am not as Etiyr said. If I was unstable, you would have been dead several times over now. I could have killed you by asking Winston over there to shoot you. When I elbowed you, I could have hit your have face then crushed your skull in with my staff. When you were off balance, I could have done the same, without entering the range of your ‘Scherzo break.’ Even now, while I am out of range of your weapon, you are not out of range of mine.”

“I don’t understand. ... Etiyr I thought you said he was unstable?” Elimine asked, turning away from Quantos.

Crap. He’s getting to her. Think, Etiyr. Got it!

“He is unstable! He’s trying to turn you against me, then he’ll turn you against everyone else, then when it’s just you and him left, he’ll kill you when you aren’t looking!”

”What! If that’s true then we have to get rid of him as quickly as possible!”

“If that was true, then I would have killed you when you broke the first rule of combat.”

”You can read me from there?”

”First rule of combat?” Elimine asked, turning around with her trombone raised.

”Yes to Etiyr, my robotic eye is vastly superior to any human one. And Elimine, the first rule of combat is to never turn your back on your opponent. But if you won’t believe me that Etiyr is trying to control your actions, then ask your cat. I have more important things to do, like figuring out a way to get us all out of here.” Quantos said turning around and walking towards Winston and Lucky, putting his staff back in the strap on the back of his lab coat. “Now about that kazoo Winston...”

”My cat? No, he’s just trying to confuse me into turning around again. Well I won’t fall for it. Take this! CADENCE SEVER!!”

Messages In This Thread
RULES ADDENDUM - by MaxieSatan - 04-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Re: The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round One: The "Denny's"] - by GBCE - 06-11-2011, 04:23 PM