The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round... Uh, Seven? The Oasis]

The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round... Uh, Seven? The Oasis]
Re: The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round One: The "Denny's"]
Originally posted on MSPA by Pick Yer Poison.

The minutes began to stack as AMP and Elimine waited patiently for Cailean and Guarinn to return. Elimine rubbed her temples worriedly. They said they'd be back shortly...I wonder if they ditched us? Maybe we should just move on. She glanced at the remains of the two mechanical pitbulls. On the other hand, there is safety in numbers...

AMP, meanwhile, was perfectly happy to fill the time with an endless amount of chatter, his cameras scanning the room constantly. "What is the obsession with these soft disc-like objects? They do not appear to be defined in my memory banks. They are soft to the touch and pierce easily, so I doubt they would be useful as weapons or defenses, although they have made a moderately effective slowing barrier here. Such a thing would be done more effectively with a solid blockage, however. Perhaps a rare variety of specialized weapons? Say, where is your cat? I believe it ran off after a dog. The thick liquid on these makes them difficult to traverse but has little ill effect otherwise. There is a chance that--"

Elimine blinked and began scanning the room, cutting AMP off. "Shit, where is my cat?" She turned to AMP. "You saw it run after a dog, you said? Where did it go?"

One of AMP's cameras turned to focus on Elimine. "It dived into the pile of disc-like objects, Lady Fraze. Should we follow?"

Elimine turned towards the piles of pancakes and began to dig through. "Well of course we're following it! I'm rather attached to that cat, in ways you can't even imagine."

After a few moments, AMP came rolling through the pile beside her, his cloud of shrapnel gathered around him to form a uniform metallic ball, which he had smashed into the pile of pancakes with. His momentum carried him a couple of feet through the pile, where he spent a few seconds hydroplaning on top of a thin layer of pancakes, spraying them out behind him and forcing Elimine to duck her head at the end of the short passage, where she'd been peering in from. When he realized he had stopped moving, he began spinning the sections of metal on the side facing the pancakes like oversized blender blades, slicing them into pieces. He rolled forward slowly as he did so, shifting the spinning sections as they passed beneath him, until he emerged at the other side of the pile, rolling forward a slight distance and stopping.

Elimine appeared from the passage shortly after, spotting her cat curled up in front of a typewriter which was clacking away all on its own. She walked over and knelt down beside it, joining her cat in the curious staring. There appeared to be a fair amount of text already typed, and she began reading it.

"Oh fantastic, a cat and a dog. I don't suppose either of you can read, or will stop fighting each other for just a minute and even listen to me. Wow, did that dog ever go running. And now you're just going to sit down there? Fine, be that way. Even if you could read, I doubt you'd be able to pick me up. I'm tempted to simply vent at you, but I generally try not to make the same mistake twice. Wait, can you read? You're looking at my paper as if you can. Meow or something if you can understand what I'm saying. Yikes, was that supposed to be a MEOW? Did you just GROWL at me? What the hell ARE you? Where are your eyes, anyway? And weren't you with--"

Etiyr spat the paper out of himself, backwards and away from Elimine, who raised an eyebrow curiously. He hurriedly loaded another sheet. "Please tell me you can read." Elimine nodded curiously, and she fancied she could feel its relief at that fact. "Say, do you think you could pick me up from here? It's a bit difficult to move when you don't have any legs." Elimine shrugged and picked up the typewriter. It clacked happily at her. "Thanks so much. I've been so mistreated so far. You seem like a kind woman; thank you for helping me. My name's Etiyr, what's yours?"

Elimine resisted the urge to shrug in order to avoid jostling Etiyr. "I'm Elimine Fraze. I guess we're technically supposed to be killing each other, but honestly, you're not enough of a threat as you are right now for me to take you out without feeling guilty." She walked back over to AMP, who, apart from his shrapnel cloud, hadn't moved an inch. "...AMP? Are you alright?"

Neither of AMP's cameras moved to view Elimine, like they usually did when she spoke. "There appears to be something wrong with my cameras. The input has turned dark yellow and most of it is impossible to decipher."

Elimine sighed. "You've just got syrup all over the lenses. If you'll stop your shrapnel cloud for a minute, I can fix that." AMP hesitated, then guided his metallic cloud into a head around his lower half. Elimine gently put Etiyr down (No no no!), wiped the syrup off of AMP's cameras with her sleeve, wiped the sleeve on the side of one of AMP's metal pieces, and then picked Etiyr back up (Phew.). "There, all better."

Before AMP could thank Elimine, Etiyr began typing out another message. "If I may make a suggestion as to where to go next, perhaps we could follow the time traveler, the one with the bizarre arm? He seemed rather unstable and is likely a threat; if we took care of him now, we could save ourselves some effort later."

Elimine shrugged. "If we're going to start with other contestants already, I guess he's as good as any." With Etiyr's direction, the group began heading off towards Quantos.

SpoilerShow
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RULES ADDENDUM - by MaxieSatan - 04-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Re: The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round One: The "Denny's"] - by Pick Yer Poison - 06-10-2011, 12:26 AM