The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round... Uh, Seven? The Oasis]

The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round... Uh, Seven? The Oasis]
Re: The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round One: The "Denny's"]
Originally posted on MSPA by Anomaly.

...The hell is this.

Just a minute ago, Gaurinn was back in that military base, recovering from the discharge that could have easily killed him. But then? Suddenly he was in a big room filled with some humans and a few other things and there was some sort of human-looking thing talking about him. He didn't even give a good description of the centipede, just some broad (and vaguely offensive) generalizations. Then he just said something about a "first round" and then something about breakfast, and suddenly he was here. Some sort of big concrete slab next to a barely-decorated building. According to the bright yellow sign above the door, the building was known by some sort of strange codename: "Denny's".

All around the Denny's were a multitude of various tall buildings and a network of empty roads. Probably a massive military base. Of course, that's what this must have been. A complicated military experiment. He was probably knocked unconscious and then dragged into this by the enemy. Whatever this was, Gaurinn was having none of it. He promptly scuttled away from "Denny's" and toward the deserted streets. Upon stepping up the curb on the edge of the sidewalk, though, Gaurinn quickly found himself on the ground several feet back, in no small amount of pain. He slowly righted himself, eyed the perimeter of the parking lot carefully, then turned back to the building again.

Around the parking lot were several others, those he had briefly seen in the room from earlier. Gaurinn at first considered approaching them, but what if they were the enemy? It was the most reasonable explanation at this point. Or maybe... maybe they were trapped here with him for whatever reason. It was the first round of something, Gaurinn knew that much. Maybe approaching one wasn't a bad idea after all. Of course, he couldn't exactly focus on the others with those goddamn tapping and dinging sounds that just went on and on and on. Gaurinn whipped his head around to look toward the source of the noise, ready at any time to fry it with a massive jolt of electricity. What he found, though, was some sort of strange printer with a keyboard built into it.

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccccccccc

Gaurinn stared at the continuous output of the letter C for a few moments, then scoffed and started tapping on other keys at random. Almost immediately, the C's came to a halt.

ccccccccccccccccccxcccpkoHewjy, sto2p that!

Gaurinn stopped mashing keys. "Hey, stop that!"? He didn't type that.

"...Huh?" the centipede mumbled.

Don't type. Speak.

"This some kind of joke? Someone expect me to believe that sentient printers exist?"

Who gave you the authority to determine what does and doesn't exist?

"Yeah, okay, sure. The weird printer thing is talking to me. You want something, or do you just like being irritating?"

It was necessary to gain your attention. You're going to need allies to survive this game.

"Game. I don't know what you're talking about. You're calling this a game?"

Of course, you didn't hear the whole explanation. It's a battle to the death, and you're awfully fragile on your own. Someone takes a wrong step, andfisjovhuifu48hfhv7vv898vdfi I said stop that!

"I'm just fine on my own, okay? Do you want something from me, or not?"

You require my help, and I require yours. I hold the advantage of having heard the whole explanation, but I also can't move on my own. I'll assist you if you assist me.

"And just why the hell should I help you? If it's a battle to the death, leaving you here increases my chances of living."

Maybe I'll just tell someone else that there's a bug that needs killing, then. I'm sure some of these others would be happy to oblige.

"And I really care? I'll just kill 'em with electricity. It's not that hard to figure out."

And if you happen to be weakened?If you can't defend yourself?

"...Okay, sure. I'll take you inside, okay? You happy now? Just shut up, please."

Gaurinn struggled to pick up the unassumingly heavy typewriter with his rudimentary hand-appendages, eventually managing to take hold and continue onwards. Before he could enter "Denny's", though, he was accosted by two men in uniforms.

"Halt! We can't let you pass!"

"We're guards!"

"We're guards!

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round One: The "Denny's"] - by Anomaly - 04-24-2011, 04:51 AM
RULES ADDENDUM - by MaxieSatan - 04-24-2011, 04:31 PM