The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round... Uh, Seven? The Oasis]

Originally posted on MSPA by MrGuy.

In the center of a glimmering mansion, deep within a vast desert (though sandwiched right next to an oasis), just below sea level on a planet as close as possible to the exact center of an alternate universe, its owner let out a sigh. Surrounded as far as the eye could see by piles of gold, heaps of food, and attractive women, he could see no valid reason for how bored he had become with existence. He had lived for millennia, doing everything he could think of to pass the time; at first it was simple enough, reading some literature and occasionally getting a bit of painting in and doing battle with sorcerers of various intents to determine who would be sealing whom in which container, but as the years wore on he had slowly exhausted potential diversion after potential diversion until any further wracking of his brain proved fruitless. And thus did he retreat to the center of his mansion, surrounded by decadence he could not enjoy, staring at a wall even as a hand traveled across his cheek, sulking.

A knock came from the door and a bearded man in a gray suit and a lime-green baseball cap poked his head into the room. "Sir? Your new scrying panel has arrived." The djinni lazily waved off the girls and stared disinterestedly at the massive box the man had brought in.

"Sir, evidently there's over a million new universes to--"

The master of the house merely raised his hand to silence his assistant, pointing to the wall where the previous panel still resided before frying it with a blast of electricity. A smile played across his face for such a brief period it could only have been seen under a strobe light; the assistant quickly put himself to work attaching the new panel and making sure it was in proper working order. The djinni placed his hands against the panel and slowly scanned through every universe he could find, only to be disappointed at every turn. "Nothing new... it's nothing I haven't seen before, Jerry. All the same old--"

He suddenly went silent, and Gerald Crumb raised an eyebrow. The screen displayed eight organisms of varied form, all in a row. A single noise resounded in both of the viewers' minds:

"Welcome, to the Grand Battle."

A few hours later, a massive grin was playing across the djinni's face. Gerald smiled slyly as well.

"So then. I suppose this means, sir, that you have an idea of how to entertain yourself now?"

The djinni nodded back. "That would be correct, Jerry. I do believe that nothing will get me out of this funk better than a GLORIOUS CHAMPIONSHIP!"

"Oh dear, I hope that title drop wasn't too heavy-handed."
"It was fine, sir."

RULES
SpoilerShow

1. veerserif -- Gabe Farrell -- Terminated Due To Anger Management Issues And Creating An Unhealthy Workplace Environment
2. Not The Author -- "Lucky" VII -- Steel Blue
3. engineclock and Anomaly -- Cailean Lachlan/Maowyn and Gaurinn -- Zombified, Disproven, Disembodied
4. Adenreagen -- Elimine Fraze -- Heroically Sacrificed
5. Jakester390 -- Quantos Xodarap -- Heroically Sacrificed
6. Pick Yer Poison -- AMP -- Created A Dystopia, Then Revolted Against Itself
7. Lord Paradise -- The Convolution -- Yellow on Purple
8. TimeothyHour -- Etiyr -- White on black

The crowd scattered and headed out through various dimensional portals, seeking the entity that would grant them the grand prize...

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
The Glorious Championship! [S3G5] [Round... Uh, Seven? The Oasis] - by MaxieSatan - 04-19-2011, 11:30 PM
RULES ADDENDUM - by MaxieSatan - 04-24-2011, 04:31 PM