The Restoration of Erihal [GAME START]

The Restoration of Erihal [GAME START]
RE: The Restoration of Erihal [GAME START]
"Hoo boy, Kamile is in a bit of a trouble. Maybe I should help!" And Leah helps, if in a foolish manner.

She goes to the lizard fracas and makes a commotion, hopefully distracting the lizard.
Jow literally fucking hissed and spat down at the beast clawing up the tree at him.

He took the distraction from Kamile's assistance to pull a pistol, shoot down at it's face and then book it down the back of the tree and fucking run to another tree, hitting the ground and rolling into a run.
"Don't get me started on Henchmen."
Kamille grins as she pulls herself out of the mud. Shit smarts, but she's fine! Once Jow fires at the monster, she preps herself for jumping up on it's tail! Someone's gonna have to wrangle this thing down eventually, and given the bullet'll get it bleeding, making it struggle to get her off might assist in getting it to bleed out!
Xanthi grimaces. "...Not alone," she says to Duril. "Not likely. Need help."

She turns to face Klyalson. "You. Don't need noodles right now. Help me get her to safety? Need to get away from this... creature."
Klyalson thinks this is a good idea, since he would get far from this battle. "Aha! I'll help indeed! This is not the first time I had to carry someone to the hospital." he says, not elaborating further.
Duril worked to quickly finish patching up Prim's injuries so that she could be safely carried away. "I'll, uh," he said, torn between staying to make sure the magic in this thing could be stopped and retreating with the others to a safe distance.

Ultimately, his indecision would probably make the choice for him once Prim was carried away and he was left behind.
Duril finishes binding Prim's wounds. It's not his best work, but it'll hold. With Klyalson's help, Xanthi and the Mau doctor manage to take her away to safety. Duril is left standing there in his indecision, just far away enough from the fighting to not get hurt.

Seeing the fight, Adair remembers that he has a gun and hastily raises it to fire. His shot goes wide, thankfully not hitting anyone. Leah and Kamille jump into action, both of them trying to keep the lizard occupied. Leah makes some noise to draw its attention and it swipes at her, clawing her leg. This lets Jow and Kamille attack. The young merchant grabs ahold of the beast's tail, trying her best to keep it pinned down, while the nomad lands his shot on the beast and scurries up another tree. Kamille gets thrashed around in her wrestling, earning some nasty bruises, but she holds on nevertheless. Jow, watching from the tree, sees blood spurt from the bullet hole only for a moment, before the wound starts closing up with ugly red scar tissue.

Something about the scene sticks out to Duril like an itch in the back of his mind, but he can't quite place his finger on it. The beast's healing seems to be the primary obstacle to victory, but how could they stop it?
Current Projects:
Human space is at war, and we're all caught up in it - Scattered Stars

A woman chases another through the snow, but where will their path lead them? - Footprints in the snow
Jow's eyes widen at the sight of the wound healing up. Bloody hell.

Guess that magic flowing through it really was something heavy duty. Required some thinking. He pulled out his other pistol for now, aiming from the higher position and picking a moment. He knew one of the smart ones wanted it's bits intact, but- "Hey Toff? Where's it's bleedin' hart? How far daown frum te legs?!" He screamed from the tree, keeping his shot ready.
"Argh!" Leah shouts. She leaps backwards, hoping to avoid further slashes. "The bloods are super closing, guys! I think there is something magical about it?"
The rest of the fight goes by in a blur. Jow aims for the beast's heart but misses his first shot, striking its thick hide instead. It pulls back and prepares to charge the tree, mouth hanging open, venomous saliva dripping from its ghastly sharp teeth. Kamille and Leah move around, trying to stay out of reach, but they both know if they don't do something the lizard will kill Jow.

Everyone leaps forward at once. The lizard bounds towards the tree, smashing forward with such force that Jow knows he won't be able to hold on. Leah and Kamille try to intercept, each going for a different side of the lizard. It's got too much momentum for them to stop, but they try their best anyway, grabbing on and digging their heels in. Adair fumbles at reloading his rifle, but Jow's pistol is ready. As the beast rears up to slam the tree, he lines up the perfect shot and fires, hitting it straight in the heart. That stops it stone cold, the lizard's muscles seizing up the instant the bullet reaches its heart. The momentum of its charge throws Kamille and Leah to the ground, giving them both some more cuts and bruises, but Jow manages to leap down from the tree right before he's knocked out of it. The lizard falls to the ground, and lies still.

Moments pass, and the world returns. The creature is dead, and the group survives.
Current Projects:

A woman chases another through the snow, but where will their path lead them? - Footprints in the snow
Duril rushed forward, lens raised. "Did you destroy the heart?" he asked, moving in to inspect the body and the effects the magic had on it - perhaps a little recklessly, given that he wasn't sure the thing was completely dead. "Or were you able to preserve it? Let's have a look here, I need to see what's left..."
Duril runs for the body as soon as the fight's over. The people who were fighting are exhausted, hurt and out of breath, unable to give him an answer. No matter. He looks through the lens and sees the tendrils of light receded, gone from the animal's breast. The only thing that remains is a point, a pinprick of magic, painfully bright and burning within the dead animal's body.
Current Projects:

Jow pulls himself up, and falls against the ruined tree. "Pe'serv?!" He spat out, incredulous.

"I don' no an' ah don' care neither. Gods damned 'bomenatonne."

He shakes his head, reloading his pistols before putting them away. "It is dead, 'ight?"