Masks 2

Masks 2
RE: Masks 2
Orla sadly couldn't hurl here, since her body wasn't present. There was nothing to hurl. Instead it was a spiritual dry heave.

Zine looked at Esen with a sad expression before looking to Finn.

"Neither of you will die actually. Consider it a merge more so than anything. You've already lived their lives up to the point you're going back to, since this is still your timeline. So it'll simultaneously be them getting a vision of the future and you being planted back in the past. Your souls might look a little interesting from now on, but don't worry. It's essentially like weaving together two strands into a single interwoven strand, and then merging that interwoven strand into a single regular strand."

Zine pondered that second question for a moment.

"As for me? Well, I'm not going to die, but...I'll probably be in timeout for a while. A while in dragon time, that is. Meaning I'll simultaneously be imprisoned and free depending on how, why, where, and when you look. Don't worry about me. I'll be okay. It's unlikely I'll ever talk to any of you again after this, and I won't be able to help anybody much going forward, but if we save the multiverse it'll be more than worth it."
"Hrm..." Raven said after a minute. "Soul change is... dangerous in my experience but... Well I trust you Zine, you put my soul together alright after we first met so I'll take your word for it." he said nodding to the dragon. "Really wish you didn't have to suffer any consequences for this though. Not for doing the right thing. When do we start? What do we need to do?"
"I've survived worse. It's just unpleasant to be... We can talk about it later." She said to Finn after a shakey few breaths that did more for her mentally than practically since... weird, spirit essense selves at the moment, and putting her hand on her shoulder over Finn's hand.

"God, lets not think about the ethics too much in the moment. This doesn't need to be the whole star trek teleporter morality conundrum when we're trying to save the universe here in a at worse mostly just morally fuzzily light grey manner."

"Thank you miss... giant, space, Miss Zine. But yeah, like, we should probably figure out how we're going to stop her anyway."
"Don't get me started on Henchmen."