The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]

The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round One: Alpha Complex!]
Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

"This is... chaotic. Already! I mean, I guess my other one got chaotic pretty quickly, too, but not quite like this! Oh, this is looking to be a good one. Ah, what's this?"
The Observer saw a screen with a message on it. A transmission of sorts was coming through. He pressed a button and reclined on his chair as a man in a suit with a face of mist appeared on the screen.
"Oh, hey Director, buddy, what's up?"

"Now that The Grand Battle has finished, I felt that I should look in on this new season that you rashly began. Without consulting me, first."
"Oh, c'mon, man. You don't need to babysit me, I know what I'm doing. Grab a few dudes, tell them to fight, and watch the magic. It's easy!"
"I would appreciate it if you allowed me to take one of the slots in your "season" of these battles, so I may keep an eye on your sheer lunacy."
"Yeah, I might be able to do that. I think that most everything is covered, but I've got a spot open up for- oh, hold on there, babe, I've got another call."
"Did you just call me 'Ba-"
The image of The Director was replaced by the image of a robotic figure, cast in shadow.
"Yo, Tamogatchi! What's happening?"
The Monitor visibly shuddered at the nickname he was given.

"I am merely contacting you to let you know that I will be hosting the next battle, as I do not trust your competence to handle one of these without getting yourself and possibly the whole lot of Grandmasters killed."
"Well, I hate to break it to you, but Smokehead just called to tell me he was taking the next ga-"
"That imbecile managed to get himself nearly killed twice during the duration of his battle. He is clearly unfit to run another."
"Alright, you've got a point. Go ahead and run your thing however you'd like to."
"I was not asking for approval in any case. Perhaps this will now go smoothly."
"Thanks for calling, have a nice day."
The Observer hit another button by the screen, switching the view back to the Director.
"Oh, hey, sorry, but Monitor's grabbed your slot! Better luck next season!"

"What? If it weren't for me, these battles wouldn't even exi-"
The Observer turned off the screen. After all, he had a battle to run!

The contestants found themselves in a new location, high up in the air. It appeared to be a small town, except most towns weren't situated on a large, flat, floating disc. Or were as shiny. Not to mention the bug problem.
The voice of the Observer could be heard by all the contestants.
"So hey, guys, that last round was pretty great! Let's see if you can top yourselves! Anyways, you may have noticed that this town is really high up! It's kept there with magic. Or science. Possibly a combination of the two. They can fly the place around, too, but these particular folks seem to like it where they are. Speaking of which, you should meet them! They're magical cyborg bugs! Nice guys, but try not to bother them. Wait, scratch that. Bother them. It'll be entertaining."
The insectoid "people" of the town didn't seem to notice or hear the voice that was coming from nowhere.
"Anyways, these guys are in a bit of a feud, so maybe you can help them out while you're here. Or make it worse for them. Honestly, I don't care what you do, as long as it's cool and has one of you die eventually. So, hey, I suppose I'll talk to you all later! Have fun, and welcome to Sk'va!"
The voice stopped, leaving the contestants to get their bearings, scattered around this strange new setting.

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round One: Alpha Complex!] - by Robust Laser - 07-12-2010, 06:35 AM