The $300,000 Fight-A-Thon! [Round Two: Toyetic!]

The $300,000 Fight-A-Thon! [Round Two: Toyetic!]
Re: The $300,000 Fight-A-Thon! [Round One: Storage Park!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Flummox.

There was a flash of light and Felus whirled, nearly tumbling off of his mountain of boxes. He glanced at the ceiling. That was no lightning. That was science, some human invention. There must be humans in here, connected somehow with echoes of English curses. Instinctively, he began to run towards the direction of the light-source. An enemy of the enemy is a friend, his subconscious explained. He knew that this was foolishly dangerous, yet, he told himself, saving others from humans is why he forsook his godhood in the first place.

He gradually began to hear someone speaking, but their words were indistinct and the continual echoes of the building obscured any form of auditory focus he might have tried. An enormous human stood with his back to Felus, doing something with a crate in front of him.

“Hey!” Felus called in English. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

Ironjaw turned, leaning nonchalantly on a crate. Felus backed up, hissing. He hadn’t expected the face of a shark.

<font color="#P1914">“Or what?” said Ironjaw.

Felus made a show of flicking open a claw. “Step away from the box.” This was a hollow threat, and Felus knew it. Without any supporters, without any believers, there were no true legends. He was just a normal cat with a freakish ability to speak multiple languages. Helpless.

Ironjaw grinned, displaying his frighteningly ill-fitting array of teeth. The box slowly tipped over as he put his full weight on it. A shower of multicolored rubber balls rained down. What? thought Felus. What is he trying to accomplish?

Ironjaw took a step forward. Felus did not move – confidence was key.

“Stay back,” he said. “I’m warning you.”

Felus prepared to lunge, putting his weight on his hind legs and tightly coiling the muscles against his body. His claws slid out. As Ironjaw reached for the plasma rifle on his back, Felus sprang, landing on Ironjaw’s shoulder, pausing to slash four deep gouges below his eye, and jumped off before Ironjaw could react. He knew it was a foolish move, for now Ironjaw saw just how much less-than-dangerous he was.

He jumped down off the pyramid of boxes, next to Guillemet. He had to help her get away before Ironjaw came after them. He saw that she was bleeding heavily from the hind; she probably couldn’t stand.

“Listen,” he said. “We need to get out of here.”

No response. She was probably unconscious. He scrabbled at the pile of balls covering her face, and was shocked when he found a human head under the mess. No matter; he couldn’t leave anyone here to die. He could hear her story later. Taking one claw, he made a gash on her cheek. Startled eyes flew open and Felus barely avoided being kicked in the face.

“Wait! I’m here to help,” he said, noticing that Ironjaw was clambering down the pile of boxes. “We need to leave.”

Though she lost her footing on the rubber balls multiple times, Guillemet was able to stand. Felus was impressed. The dragon dwarfed Felus – no way would he be able to support her for long. She was only able to limp slowly.

“Listen,” he said. “That abomination is going to catch up to us and do something awful if you can’t go faster. Can you fly?”

“I HOPE SO.”

“Good. I’ll meet you later.”

Guillemet began to flap her wings. She was still weak from blood loss, but after a few false starts she began to feel her body weight easing off her legs. Too delirious to wonder why the hell a cat was talking to her without the proper facilities for human speech, not to mention brain capacity, she only nodded assent when Felus said, “Fly low, in between boxes! You don’t want to be shot again!”

Felus ran under her shadow as Ironjaw chased after them, screaming some sort of invective as a promise of revenge.
</font>

Messages In This Thread
Re: The $300,000 Fight-A-Thon! [Round One: Storage Park!] - by GBCE - 08-27-2012, 01:12 AM