The Atavist's Tryst - Round 1: The Ljinstal Underground (S?)

The Atavist's Tryst - Round 1: The Ljinstal Underground (S?)
RE: The Atavist's Tryst - Round 1: The Ljinstal Underground (S?)
There are some days where it's good to be an abstract avatar, and corollarily exempt of pain. Today was one of them.

During the very first second of the match, Si Né's temple hung suspended in midair and slightly ajar, gathering speed in a threatening "I'm going to fuck this subway station up so badly" kind of way. Of all the sounds that shot out when the first corner of the sacred building connected with the floor, one hundred tiny ceramic tiles cracking one after another was probably the quietest. The temple's foundations were made of wood which was not built to fall from a great hight and snapped and creaked and the ordeal genuinely sounded like whatever demons the place had been repelling or sealing for years had found a way to crawl through the blemishes in the woodwork and wreak havoc. After that, gravity introduced the interior of the holy ground's altar, cabinets and myriad pedestals to its good friend, the ground. The plethora of magical trinkets came tumbling down on the image of the resident god, and the varying materials - from wax to diamond - made every sound in the history of cartoonists' imagination at once.

It was no surprise that Si Né would be the first to come to his senses after such a vicious crash. The deity casually ignored important questions about his whereabouts or the identity of its captor, and simply stepped outside. Wherever this place was, the people weren't used to much. Most of them were dressed formally, and scurried around up and down stairs in the complicated underground plaza like little, entirely interchangeable mice, and most of the residents of the newly christened This Place had all stopped in a panic to stare at the god's temple. The shock and awe were still spreading when Si Né walked outside, and gradually everybody stopped their business arrangements, and held their eyes transfixed at Si Né, the center of attention.

They were with 400 at least, and not one of them said anything.

"你好, Hola, hello, مرحبا," the god started. "Hhhhhi," came the first stammered response, from a young woman with a ponytail. "Who are you," he asked next. Si Né was not an avatar of ample courtesy. "Li-Linda Taylor," Linda Taylor replied. Si Né shook his holy head and clarified: "No, like, you people. All of you." However, the most confusing conversation in Ms. Taylor's life was about to be cut short by Sachihata's awakening.

-

It made no sense quite yet, but he was getting there. The temple was moved, and Si Né didn't do it. What did that mean for them? If the temple was a representation of a universe, and a testament to Si Né being the supreme God of a religion, nobody else should have been able to move it for him. But who or what he saw in the darkness, that metal light machine that seemed to be in charge of the relocation, did not match any light gods he could think of. Perhaps, the shaman supposed, it was a god from the future, since there was a precedent for that happening. Maybe it was all a hallucination to obfuscate where the transporation brought him, caused by a trickster god who knew of the shaman's identity and tried its very best to make their modus operandi as unrecognisable as possible. If that would be the case, they're actively acting against Si Né, so they must be from the same religion. That, or it was one of the many beings above gods on the echelon, some kind of primordial chaos monster of birth, represented by light in a cold, iron prison... The last one seemed the most likely option, if only because he could still feel that primordial chaos roaring in his head, and in his ears, and his feet, and the searing wounds of hot candle wax and the shards of glass in his skin and a terrible burning scream brayed out of his throat.

"Are you okay, my liege?" Si Né had left Linda Taylor alone in her confusion to tend to Sachihata, because the moment his protector regained consciousness the man started screaming out in terrible pain. He was bleeding from all over his body from all the knickknacks that had fallen on him. The lack of an immediate response drew the crowd closer to see what was happening, and nervous clamoring arose. "He's God, right? Why doesn't he heal him? That's what gods do! I prayed every night for this?!"

It was what a good God should do! They were right! Sachihata had been guiding him around for years, and now was finally the time to show all these people that kindness gets you kindness in return, which he always thought was a valuable lesson to learn. His white robes were kind of in the way, but Si Né managed to kneel, tied his long hair back, and applied a healing touch to the young shaman's wounds. Within moments, his partner was awake.

Instead of thankful weeping, Sachihata let out an exasperated sigh. "Jesus. You're serious. You're being fucking Jesus."
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Reserved. (Sorry for the late update, but I got a bunch of work right after I reserved, I have the basic idea for the post in my head, I just need to write it and flesh out the details this weekend.)
"Ugh! My Eyes!"

The young man buried his face in the book he was reading, lest any of his three optical organs continue to experience the pain the sudden lighting in the chamber caused. Of course, he knew this was only a temporary measure. He had to put the book down at some point, or it was very likely something more physically substantial would be causing him pain soon.

On the other hand, he knew something else had to happen first.

"...Samael, unless you want both of us to be blinded, can you PLEASE return my vision to its normal spectrum..." Satu asked, his voice slightly muffled by the book.

A slight pain shot through Satu's optic nerve, and he stopped being able to see anything but darkness. Good. N... ow I guess I'd better... see what those lights are... Satu thought, halting at points as he tried to convince himself that it wasn't something horrible and bad for his health. With a quiet groan, he slowly lowered his book to find...

"...what the bloody, frozen hell is...?" was the only thing he managed to get out before he stopped being able to speak. he had exited the tunnel he was in to find an incredibly large plaza - maybe a station...? from before whatever disaster that damn Grandmaster mentioned... - which had been partially destroyed by what appeared to be a... a...

...what the hell IS that???? Satu wondered, unable to look away. An enormous structure, covered in strange markings, carvings, and the like appeared to have fallen from a great height, with the impact destroying much of the plaza. An immense crowd of people surrou... an...
an immense...

a n...

Satu looked at his book and realized he was shaking badly. There were too many people. It was far too crowded, he couldn't go over there. He couldn't deal. no way. no way. no way no way no way n o w a y could he manage to keep his cool. Without even thinking, the book-lover had begun to back away from the plaza.

Then, pain. Sharp pain. Severe pain. A kind of pain he knew, but experienced only rarely. He barely managed to hold back a scream as he fell to his knees, his head splitting open. The Third Eye that possessed its own will cried blood instead of tears. It would not be able to use its powers without more pain for a short time, at the least. But it had accomplished its purpose. Opening his eyes, Satu found that Samael had given his own opinion.

Using its telekinetic powers to forcibly compress parts of the steel and concrete that made up the ground, it had left a message in archaic characters that few other than Satu could read.

Then Be A Coward
Flee Into Darkness
Have Fun Finding Food

Satu moaned. "T...hat's... not even a proper haiku, Samael... you forgot a seasonal reference..."

gritting his teeth, the booklover slowly regained his footing, holding his head as the side effect of samael's reckless stunt tormented him: a horrible headache that would likely last for at least the rest of the day.

"...Still, you're... right... I g uess..." Satu mumbled as he slowly lurched towards the crowd and more importantly, the strange structure.

"...I hate it... when you're right..."