Eagle Time
Oh Nomic, Not Againmic - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: BAWK BAWK (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Forum: Hawkspace (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+---- Thread: Oh Nomic, Not Againmic (/showthread.php?tid=1236)

Pages: 1 2 3

Oh Nomic, Not Againmic - Schazer - 01-12-2016

tl;dr, blame Chwoka. Boy howdy am I looking forward to another generation of ruined internet friendships thanks to this awful, awful, game. The awful, awful, game is called Nomic. Nomic is a game where making the rules is the game. It's as bad as it sounds.

How to win (other than by not playing this awful, awful game):
  • Get the most points????
  • Be the last skeleton in the cabinet.

RULES
IMMUTABLE RULES:
SpoilerShow

MUTABLE RULES:
SpoilerShow

WOAH THAT TOOK A LONG F*KIN TIME TO READ.

These rules are from Peter Suber's Initial Ruleset, with some modifications for ease of jump-in web play.

1. No unanimous voting at gamestart.

2. No "if play can't continue the last completed turn is the winner". Points or Last ParLIARmental person standing.

3. IMMUTABLE INACTIVE PLAYER RULES. AKA 117 & 118. These say that if the game doesn't progress in 24 hours then whoever was supposed to do something last gets slammed in the teeth with a big stamp of INACTIVITY.

4. Judges rulings are recorded for posterity. I'll probably begrudgingly do this in a second post.

5. Turn order will be dictated by the order you join the game.

RE: Oh Nomic, Not Againmic - Schazer - 01-12-2016

Playerlist and their statuses
  • Schazer (active) - 8 Points - 1 Bugbird Staff Nomber
  • [strike]Chwoka (inactive) - 10 Points - 1 Banker Staff Nomber[/strike]
  • Loather (active) - 0 Points - 1 Bonetractor Staff Nomber
  • Shredded (active) - 0 Points - 1 Clockface Staff Nomber
  • Reyweld (active) - 0 Points

Rules (as of Post #2)
Immutable Rules
SpoilerShow
Mutable Rules
SpoilerShow

Judges' Rulings

(01-13-2016, 06:43 AM)Judgement on: maximum procurable Staff Nombers per turn end Wrote: »Rule 301 is interpreted, however ambiguously worded, as indicating each player may acquire a single Staff Nomber per turn end. They may perform the aforementioned action once at the end of each turn, unless they already have the maximum number of Staff Nombers (as of this ruling, 5.)

RE: Oh Nomic, Not Againmic - ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ - 01-12-2016

join't

RE: Oh Nomic, Not Againmic - Loather - 01-12-2016

can we kick out chwoka for bringing drug slang to this wholesome family game

i was thinking like elbow

Barring a majority objection from the existing Players, I'd like to propose a 24-hour grace period for people to join in before the "fun" begins.

Objection

sustained, speed is the name of the game

well thats a majority of the existing players, lets get this show on the road

proposal: loather is the judge now

counter-proposal: the judge is Not Loather

Ok, my proposal:

Enactment of Rule 214 Wrote:At the end of each Turn, each active player may procure a Staff Nomber, up to a maximum of 5 Staff Nombers. Each player will have a different type of Staff Nomber with a unique Title, to be chosen when the player acquires their first Staff Nomber. The Title must be a single word not found in the Initial Ruleset.

At the time of this Rule's enactment, Staff Nombers serve no purpose other than for players to personalise their campaigns. Maybe we can exchange them for votes or political favours or internships or the like? It is a mystery

This institutes a currency of some sort. If anyone's got decisions right now about what that currency can buy, or specific rules for trading, then I'm all ears to amend this sucker.

So if this gets enacted, I'll acquire myself one Bugbird Staff Nomber, and Loather has indicated she'd opt for a Bonetractor Staff Nomber. They can go run errands and sleep around behind our hard-working parliamentarian backs. Good times!

(01-12-2016, 05:36 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »counter-proposal: the judge is Not Loather

counter-counter proposal: the judge simultaneously is and is not loather

shouldn't that be rule 301?

im in favor of staff nombers

i'm out-of-favor of staff nombers but i think i'm overruled. i support loather's proposal for shroedinger's judge

Fixed so the number is now right! and also because I think I made the naming dealie unclear. Think of these like your factional units, for as-yet unspecified purposes.

Enactment of Rule 301 Wrote:At the end of each Turn, each active player may procure a Staff Nomber, up to a maximum of 5 Staff Nombers. Each player will have a different type of Staff Nomber with a unique Title, to be chosen when the player acquires their first Staff Nomber. All subsequent Staff Nombers procured by that player will share the Title. The Title must be a single word not found in the Initial Ruleset.

At the time of this Rule's enactment, Staff Nombers serve no purpose other than for players to personalise their campaigns. Maybe we can exchange them for votes or political favours or internships or the like? It is a mystery

Loather can propose an amendment to 212 when it rolls around to their turn. For now, Raaaaage I would like to call all active players to vote on Proposal 301. Raaaaage

I Vote in favour.

RE: Oh Nomic, Not Againmic - OTTO - 01-12-2016

You must be registered to view this content.

no it is not

RE: Oh Nomic, Not Againmic - OTTO - 01-12-2016

You must be registered to view this content.

it will be mine when schazer's turn is done, but first we have to vote on schazer's rule. i'm against it

i'm for it

It is not! We currently have no actual rules about when new people can join in. I think you can jump straight in and vote on Proposal 301, unless Grand Judge Loather disagrees.

Current votes on Proposal 301 (as detailed in Post #18):

For - Schazer, Loather
Against - Chwoka
Abstaining - Shredded