Eagle Time
The Grand Battle [Game Over!] - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Grand Battles (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: The Grand Battle [Game Over!] (/showthread.php?tid=686)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Re: The Grand Battle [Game on!] - Robust Laser - 07-17-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

Actually, I've got an idea for what to do if you guys would want some sort of objective for rounds. I won't outright state the objective in the story, so the players won't know, but after each of my round changing story posts, I give you guys a description of the pocket dimension you're in anyway, but during that I could also tell you guys what sort of objective could be required for the round. It'd be OOC knowledge, so your characters would have to figure it out theirselves.

And no, it won't be an eating contest.

Re: The Grand Battle [Game on!] - GBCE - 07-17-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by PawntoD4.

Aww [img]images/smilies/aghast.gif[/img] Oh well I look forward to seeing what you do set up.

Re: The Grand Battle [Game on!] - Dragon Fogel - 07-17-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Game on!] - Aryogaton - 07-17-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by Aryogaton.

Aeon stared at the banquet sitting at the table. Of all things, Aeon thought, it had to be an eating contest? Nevertheless, he raised his adaptive tool proudly and surely enough, it became a spoon.

[Non-canon]

Re: The Grand Battle [Game on!] - Robust Laser - 07-17-2009

Dorukomets noticed all the commotion going on and had decided to go and check it all out. What he saw was Lutherion, cowering in a pool of blood by some trees, and the others were beginning to crowd around him. A thought raced through his head. 'This dude is weak now, and I need to show the others just how great I am!'
He went towards the cowering undead man on the floor, and looked around at everybody.
"Wow, it took all of you to take this guy down?"
Aeon retorted, "What, and you could do better by yourself?"
"You're damn right I could! Well, since none of you have actually seen my abilities yet, I suppose finishing this bastard off would be a rightful show. Please, nobody assist me. I assure you that anything that happens is completely planned. I have done this many times before."
Everybody stepped back, a few contestants rolling their eyes at his cockiness. Dorukomets unsheathed his large sword, and raised it upward.
"I suppose he doesn't need these illusions helping him if he's doing it all by himself," Aeon offhandedly said.
The blood around Lutherion Maw disappeared as Dorukomets swung his weapon down. It stopped before reaching it's target. Lutherion had apparently regained composure fairly quickly, once the blood red pool around him was gone.
"H-hey! You aren't supposed to do that!"
"Hehehehehe... So... you're a big shot, aren't ya? You the guy that's gonna kill me? Hahahhahaha!" Lutherion Maw continued his hysterical laughter. It maked Dorukomets more tense, not that he'd willingly show it.
"Y-yes. You will fall by my blade!"
"Hehehe, well the thing is... your blade already fell. I kept it from hitting the ground, so it doesn't get all dirty though. Wasn't that nice of me? Heehahahahhahaaa!"
Dorukomets pulled his sword upwards and swung it sideways, but Lutherion blocked it with his Wightmaw.
"Do you like experiments!? I think they're fun. See, I've never gotten a ghost before! Haha! I think this is a good time to test something out!"
"Test what ou-" Dorukomets couldn't finish his sentence.
Part of Lutherion's Wightmaw extended rapidly into a blade, skewering through Dorukomets. A strange glowing white goop created the idea of a sort of blood from where he was pierced.
"Th-th-this is nothing. I just... I just... I can't move! Why can't I get out of this!?"
"My arm here? Hehe. Kind of special if you hadn't noticed. Hahahaha."
A few contestants started being worried. Alcarith started to step forward, but was stopped by Dorukomets himself.
"No! I can-ack-do this myself! I'm the powerful warrior! I've slayed horrible monsters you could never imagine!"
Lutherion extended another blade from his arm, picking up Dorukomets and pinning him on the ground.
"So, hahahah, any last words!?"
Lutherion smiled wider that he usually did. There was a gleam in his eye. Lutherion loved to kill.
"Yeah. You can't kill somebody that's already dead!" Dorukomets said this trying to sound tough, but had a worried quiver in his voice that made his fear very apparent.
"Hahahhahaaa! Time for you to find out just how wrong you are!"
Lutherion retracted the blades from his wightmaw and created one gigantic pike, skewering it through Dorukomets' head.
He screamed. The scream was of pure anguish, and all the others could do was watch in horror, as the spectral entity slowly began to disappear, in terrible pain the entire time. For anybody that had any doubt previously, now that was erased from their minds. Lutherion Maw is a monster of pure evil.
Eventually, Dorukomets had entirely disappeared. Another splinter appeared in Lutherion's arm. This one was slightly different. This one glowed white, with a spectral glow to it.
"Hahaha! I guess I win the round!"
Far away, one could hear a demonic yet robotic voice sound almost satisfied. "This location has been cleansed."
All stood in silence, as the world turned white once more.

Alan Theed stood up. His entry had just been eliminated, and he had to leave.
"Funny, I figured that somebody who was already dead would have a better chance at this."
The man running the game, the Director, responded, "Even without the skill to back it up?"
"He talked a big game, so I figured he could probably back at least some of it up. Suppose the fact that he couldn't is why he died in the first place."
"True. Mr. Theed, you are dismissed.
Alan Theed left the room, never again to mention Dorukomets, or the tournament he was a part of.

Seven contestants. Now seven contestants find themselves in a strange new location. A perpetual freefall. There is sky above them, and ground below them, but the ground doesn't seem to get any closer. Five buildings fall at a constant rate to each other. There's a general store, a restaurant, a barn, a few houses, and more. This is their new arena for battle. What they don't know is that there is something in this arena, that once found, will be very hard to get rid of...

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - GBCE - 07-17-2009

Emily sat on her shield and created a barrier to increase her wind resistance a bit. She decided that it was best to wait and see where all the others would go first.
She looked over at Lutherion. He was an intriguing creature. Possible the victim of possession in her world, but she wasn't sure if that was true.
His power also frightened her a bit. Who'd have though he'd have the actual power to capture souls? She looked specifically at the splinter she assumed was Dokuromets. She would have to free that sould soon if possible.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Dragon Fogel - 07-17-2009

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Aryogaton - 07-17-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by Aryogaton.

Aeon was taken aback by this new scenario. In free-fall, maneuverability was a big issue, and he was certain that the dragon-girl had a distinct advantage. Nevertheless, he found his way.

Instinctively, Aeon pulled into a diving position, lowering his air resistance dramatically and falling past the buildings and his opponents. He could see Lutherion Maw flailing around, without any control whatsoever of his movement. He saw Emily on top her shield, slowly rising above the buildings.

Aeon reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, circular piece of cloth. No, it was not imbued with any sort of magical properties, but served another purpose. Aeon pressed it into the bottom of the handle of his adaptive tool, and it instantly became a large sail, suitable for gliding through this arena.

Now with excellent maneuverability and speed, Aeon pulled from his dive and let the air take him above.

"Let's see how everyone else adapts to this environment."

SpoilerShow

Originally posted on MSPA by fait.

Alcarith's body started to spark. Shortly after she started sending off sparks, her eyes glowed a crimson red. The sparks soon became more frequent and close-between and her body itself started to glow. Soon after the details in Alcarith's body became obscured by the bright lights, her shape started changing into that of a dragon. Her wings sprouted from her back and a tail grew outward. Her hands turned into gruesome claws and her arms became much more muscular. Her legs and feet lost their human form and took part in the transformation.

Alcarith spread her wings and the glow left her body. She roared as her transformation completed. She was uncomfortable in this form and fell for a couple seconds to get adjusted with her new form. Then she flapped her wings and flew to the barn. She landed while skidding and she scratched the ground with her sharp claws as she came to a halt. She eventually sat there, still adjusting to her altered body.

Originally posted on MSPA by dexexe1234.

SpoilerShow

Lutherion flailed around, his arms trying to flap like a chicken, it didnt work and he just flew in circles after that.
"this whole flying buisiness is beginning to boil my blood! id rather have a little... change of body!" He gives of his eerie grin, and then takes a few splinters in his wightmaw hand. Then, with a quick push, he shoves them into his stomach, where they slowly sink in and dissappear.
"This is good!" he proclaimed. "Now, WINGS OF THE SKELETAL WYVERN!!! RISE FOR YOUR GOD LUTHERION! HAAHAHEAHEHAHAHAAHAAA!!!" His face wretches itsselft in pain and anger, as the back part of his clothes got ripped to pieces. Bones of all sizes began to sprout and form from his on spine, and soon took the form of the skeleton of a bat's wings.
"Hahaha! it works! it WORKS!!!" Lutherion shrieked, as his own flesh grew out and created the skin between the wings. Now he had gain full control with his new grown wings.
Then he turned his head to the general store: "oh look! a drug store! i hope they have my favourite sodapop!" he said with a gleam in his eye. he flapped his wings and began to fly towards the general store.

Emily stared at Lutherion disgustedly as the wings grew. It was just horrific.
Suddenly everything in her sight changed as she flew above the buildings. Sudenly she was near a small restaraunt when she was near a drug store just a few moments ago. This was going to be even crazier than she though.
However she did decide to land on the restaurant. Using her shield as a glider, she accomplished a not so smooth landing on the patio. The restaurant had a bright red neon sign that said PIZZAZ on it. No doubt it was a pizza restaurant.
However the rest of the outside was surprisingly plain. Just a grey cube. She stood up in order to regain her composure before going inside.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Schazer - 07-17-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

It's too late for me to join, right?

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Robust Laser - 07-17-2009

Schazer Wrote:It's too late for me to join, right?
Yeah. Signups occured at the beginning of the game, sorry. If this game goes well, though, perhaps there will be another one.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Dragon Fogel - 07-17-2009

Eximo drifted downwards. If it had the intellectual capacity to philosophize, it might appreciate the fact that a largely featureless void was rather easy to keep clean.

However, as it was driven to seek out things to clean, it decided to investigate one of the buildings it was picking up with its passive scan. It fell past the general store and the restaurant; scanning determined they were not in urgent need of cleaning.

But the next building did. Eximo attempted to simply move towards it, but this didn't work. Failing that, it put its suction into reverse, drifting over to the building and crashing through the glass doors.

Large letters above the entrance read, "BOB'S APPLIANCE MEGASTORE". A sign in the window noted that vacuum cleaners were 50% off. Eximo took no notice of them, other than observing that they were filthy.

It turned through the store, cleaning. It was a rather large store, with quite a bit of dust.

Then it saw a shelf filled with other vacuum cleaners. Though its programming made it very single-minded, Eximo was intelligent enough to recognize ways to greatly increase efficiency.

Two arms popped out, holding strange tools. They began to work on the nearest vacuum. This would take some time, but it would greatly speed up cleansing in the future.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - GBCE - 07-18-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by OddGuy.

Nathan fell, at first unable to do anything due to shock. After falling for a while, he managed to realize he was, in fact, falling quite fast, and thoughts raced through his head.

"What?! What happened?! Where are we?!" Nathan thought as his eyes darted, scanning the area and seeing buildings falling at his speed, almost as it they were floating.

Seeing as how the nearest building was a restaurant, Nathan tried to make his way there. It was slow work, seeing as how he had no way to really get over there aside from an odd swimming motion.

After doing this for a while, he managed to make his way onto the patio, where he saw the demon fighting woman, Emily, entering the building. Nathan decided he should probably do so as well, lest he be murdered by who knows what, and went inside.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Robust Laser - 07-18-2009

SpoilerShow

Emily entered the restaurants and looked around. It was pretty typical. Round dining tables, red wallpaper, a counter with a register on it in front of the kitchen. It certainly wasn't spectacular.
Still Emily could feel something strange about this place. It was just a strange aura, and it wasn't very strong, but it was noticeable.
She also noticed that the young boy with the demonic knife had followed her in.
"Hello," she said calmly without even turning her head.

Originally posted on MSPA by fait.

While Alcarith took a breather, she examined her surroundings. The barn she flew in seemed more like a garage. It had three rather advanced vehicles parked on one side, facing the right wall. There was an elevator leading up but it wasn't dragon-sized. A work bench was off in a corner with several tools hanging on the wall nearby as well as counter space with some tools lying flat on its surface. The floor was made of smooth concrete and was oil-stained in many places throughout the barn.

"Those are strange vehicles," Alcarith commented. "Why would they build them that way?"

"Ah. Yes. Hi," Nathan responded, flustered. He felt... disoriented here, as though something was wrong, although there was nothing visually deranged. In the back of his mind, he thought of Silent Hill.

"I... um... I'm going to look around in the back of the restaurant," Nathan said before entering the kitchen. It was not spectacular, although very orderly. It was almost unnerving. Everything, from pots to spoons and cheese forks, were arranged left to right, smallest to largest. Nathaniel shuddered and began rifling through the drawers and cupboards for no real reason.

Emily nodded to Nathan. "I'll look around here some more."
She began by looking under the tables. Nothing she could find set of her sensors.
However after looking around a bit more, she found an old pinball machine in the back. She looked at it curiously she had never seen a machine like this before.
She laid her hands on it and began the analysis. Yep this was the source, or at least part of it. Was this typical of such a machine? maybe the boy knew.
"Boy," she called," Come here. i have found the source of this strange aura."
Nathan came out of the kitchen and to the pinball machine. "Do you recognise this device boy?"
"Nathan looked confused. "It's a pinball machine. You know it's kind of a game."
"Is it typical for a machine like this to project an aura of befuddlement?"
"Uh..No. You just put coins in and play it normally> Are you sure this is the source?"
"I'm sure it's at least contributing and creating an aura of beffudlement."

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Dragon Fogel - 07-18-2009

Unit VC-001 was complete. Eximo felt a sense of satisfaction, despite the delay to the cleansing. Fortunately, that delay was no longer necessary. Unit VC-001 went to work immediately. Eximo decided to observe its prowess before producing Unit VC-002; if it was satisfactory, then the same procedure could simply be repeated, and subsequent units would be completed in much less time.

As the unit moved through the store, it began kicking up clouds of dust. Eximo viewed the growing dust clouds with displeasure; clearly, this cleansing was long overdue.

VC-001 was even more single-minded in its pursuit of cleanliness than its creator; Eximo had not been designed to program other machines, after all. A few improvements to the original design had been made by disassembling some other, insignificant appliances; but they made little difference to the unit itself. It simply followed its preprogrammed route, vacuuming all the while.

Overall, Eximo was satisfied. Not as satisfied as it would be after this filthy building was cleansed, of course, but satisfied nonetheless. The construction of VC-002 began in earnest. In fact, the process had been greatly refined; Eximo estimated that with effective task management, it could have 50 units operational within 35 minutes.

Nathan, confused, looked once more at the pinball machine. It seemed to be just a regular game, a little dusty, but still, nothing abnormal. Upon closer examination, he noticed it was called "Lunchtime-Rush", and had a poorly drawn image of a stereotypical Italian man serving pizza slices to customers.

"I wonder what would happen if I played it..." Nathan said, taking some loose change out of his pocket. After putting it in the machine, it started up, pinball in place, lights that had not yet burnt out were on, and some cartoonish sound effects were playing.

As the machine started, Emily showed signs of surprise at the pinball machine, and mumbled something to herself regarding it. Nathan played briefly, but almost instantly lost all three balls and got a game over.

When nothing happened, Nathan remarked, " You know, I thought if I lost, something might happen. I guess it's a regular game."

Originally posted on MSPA by dexexe1234.

As he landed on the pavillion infront of the store, he looked up to see the sign: "petes general store, what you need is what i have! this place must be full of my favourite beverage!" Lutherion walked in

the place was a little dusty, so he knew that the damn vacuum would come here in som time. He scanned the walls and everything around in this big room: There where up to several rows of canned food along one wall, along with all the daily necesitties. Along the opposide wall where all kinds of small gadgetry and batteries. The front had the counter, and alot of the "hidden stuff" like cigarettes and alcohol behind it. And in the corner was a sodapop dispenser! "Ahh yes! just what i need! it would be fine with a nice kahootsie pop!"

He made his way over there, being a little unwieldy because of his newly grown appendages, and looked into the machine. "Now lets see here; fizz-pang, rumble-tuff, comb rave, sylladex soda, eldritch fluthlu flingers aaand kahootsie pop! Aha!" Actually he had just taken a regular soda.

Lutherion held it high in the air, with his large manic grin and gleam in his eye. "This will be a glorious drink! Bottoms up!" He ripped the top of the can of, and poured the contents of the soda right down his throat, and ended it with a large "AAAAaaaahhh!!! That hit the spot!"

"Hmmm, i think i will make myself comfortable! that will be great to, relax, upon all this killing!" As he said that he threw some splinters on the ground and howled: "SKELETAL CONSTRUCTS!!! RISE FOR YOUR GOD LUTHERION!!!" And with that said, white smoke and now a fully skeleton chair with flesh as pillows and a foot rest have been created. Lutherion then went over, took another soda, sat down and just enjoyed himself. "This is the afterlife! hehehehaha!"

Re: The Grand Battle [Game on!] - GBCE - 07-18-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by Draykon.

"Except it is not." Words spokem matter-of-factly, as Amethyst entered the room, icicles wrapped around her feet, she floated just above the floor. "You are among the living, therefore you are alive."
Lutherion looked at her kind of funny- well really everything he looked at he did with a funny look, but this look moreso- "Bah, details details. So, whatcha doin' here sweety? Finally decide to join team Lutherion?" His grin grew broader, as he did one of his teeth fell out. He reached down with his normal arm, picked it up, and shoved it back into his mouth like it was nothing.

"I have chosen to ignore strategy for the moment so as to satisfy my own curiosity. In the previous round, you demonstrated discomfort around large amounts of blood, yet you are a necromancer. Explain."
Lutherion looked annoyed.
"I don't hafta explain my life story to youuuuu" He said with a kind of childish mockery. "If you're just here to probe me for weaknesses, leave me alone, I'm busy being lazy." He said as he fell back into his fleshchair.
"That is not my sole purpose. I am also... thirsty."
She walked past the disgusting display of disrespect for the dead, over to a sliding fridge, filled with various bottled beverages. She took a small jug of milk, and downed the whole thing almost instantly, when her eyes focused on something on the back of the carton.
About a minute later, she was already out the door, heading towards the restaraunt, and Lutherion began to notice a subtle beeping noise. He casually glanced over his shoulder, to find a massive icicle impaled in his side. Attached to the Icicle like glue, was a small metal sphere, with a timer on it.

29:07
"How the hell'd that get there?"

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Dragon Fogel - 07-18-2009

SpoilerShow

Progress had been rapid, as expected. VC-015 had just been completed. The cleansing was proceeding quite quickly; Eximo was confident this would make up for the time spent on constructing these assistants. More dust was stirred up, and the hum of fifteen vacuums echoed through the store.

As Eximo put the finishing touches on VC-016 and activated it, the doors burst open. Lutherion had entered, and he was angry.

"Why won't this damn thing come off?" He looked at the timer, which now read 27:58. "Well, if I'm getting blown up, I'll make them all pay! Starting with that vacuum! I know you're here somewhere..."

Through the dust, Lutherion spotted the silhouette of a vacuum cleaner. "There you are!" he shouted. "Take this!"

Lutherion tackled the nearby shape... knocking over VC-012. He examined his victim in surprise.

"What the hell? Another vacuum? ARRGH! I'll make you pay!" Lutherion scanned the store. There were more of the silhouettes - it seemed like two dozen. The dust cloud made it nearly impossible to identify which one was Eximo from this distance. Lutherion tried to think of a plan, but the deafening hum of the VC units made it difficult to concentrate.

He glanced at the device. 25:32. "Damn vacuum! I don't have time to hunt you down!" Lutherion ran out of the store to find another victim to pass the bomb on to...

SpoilerShow