Eagle Time
Lucidstuck I - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Adventures and Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Lucidstuck I (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Fellow - 03-15-2017

Lucia has the journal now, hasn't she? Let's use it.

>Lucia: Summon Nevil and have him free the girl.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 03-15-2017

>3: This could be a trap, and you shouldn't make a decision either way until you discount that possibility. Go to a safe distance and scout out the area. As you're doing that call Reggie and Bambino to you, the rest will probably figure out something is wrong and come with them as backup. Once they get there have them look at this person's stats. After all of that is done, don't be hasty. Think about the information you have, confer with the others, and take appropriate precautions for whatever the situation is.

SpoilerShow

If this is real we profit from the situation. If this is NOT real then we profit by getting resources from the person behind the situation.

Right now I'm thinking if this turns out to be legit and she's somebody worth saving we cut off the threads with ranged abilities and blast some air behind her to move her away from the location, then keep some distance from her and look her over once again. And also have Emily do her perfect heal thing just in case. We can also try issuing a command to her once we've gotten more information and see if that does anything. It's not conclusive if we can't, but if we can we know she's somebody we want to keep around.

However, there is one key thing we have to remember at all times: this person might be UE if we can't give her a command. Again, it's not conclusive if we can't but it's certain not to be the case if we can. UE previously impersonated Daydream so at the very least we know they can appear as another. The solution to this conundrum is to never EVER give this person fort access. We can make them a little house where they can be safe while letting us keep an eye on them, but no fort access until we have proof that they're not UE.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 03-15-2017

(03-15-2017, 05:22 PM)Panur Wrote: »>Derrick: Ask ira to check for enemies around and hostile intent coming from the girl herself.

Thirding. We don't want Derrick getting shanked again.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - juddy555 - 03-15-2017

>This is almost certainly a trap, have Ira do her thing

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 03-17-2017

Derrick: This could be a trap, and you shouldn't make a decision either way until you discount that possibility. Go to a safe distance and scout out the area. As you're doing that call Reggie and Bambino to you, the rest will probably figure out something is wrong and come with them as backup. Once they get there have them look at this person's stats. After all of that is done, don't be hasty. Think about the information you have, confer with the others, and take appropriate precautions for whatever the situation is.

[Image: 0ajjAxA.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: EJ32raa.png]

In the blink of an eye 3 projectiles are cast in your direction!!

[Image: twupQph.png]

Luckily, Iris stops the projectices leaving no damage to you or Lucia. It did leave you both spooked though.

Show ChatlogShow

A monster has accosted you, but you don't see anything strange...

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Shadowfyst997 - 03-17-2017

>Derrick: DEFINITELY Call for back up here. It's apparent that, whether or not the tree girl is real or not, at the very least, she's bait. With the whole party nearby it would be very foolish to attempt to take on this mysterious entity alone. Call Bambino and Reggie back urgently, and undoubtedly the rest will follow. Until they arrive, take your best defensive stance(possibly even back to back?) and guard. Ignore ANY calls from the tree girl until help arrives, as it could very well be the light of the anglerfish, as in an attempt to lull you into a false sense of security, or to lure you directly into harms way.

I know I don't make commands very often, but i feel pretty confident about that one. If you one of you guys want to reword it into something slightly better, then i'm down for that, otherwise, i think it's good.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 03-17-2017

First idea on what to do as reinforcements come here: if Derrick can bend earth from a distance using his gloves we should put the girl in a box.

We know there is a monster about, but we do not know if that's ALL there is to it. The box keeps the girl from being attacked AND keeps the girl from potentially attacking us. It's a win-win.

As for our new monster, the usual applies. Try and talk them down, because there's more profit through pacifism. If they have the ability to generate knives that'd be pretty handy for production/arming people purposes. If nothing else having the extra souls is an especially good idea considering we have the wraith wrings now, so we can level people up without having to worry about that.

My current recommendation is wait for reinforcements, if the others don't come with Reggie and Bambino. We use this as a trial run for recruiting Lethos.

SpoilerShow

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Fellow - 03-17-2017

Oh hey it looks like this is a cat girl. We should definitely kill this one.

How about summoning Vorrus and laying some snares? That'll keep her from moving around.

(03-17-2017, 08:20 AM)Shadowfyst997 Wrote: »>Derrick: DEFINITELY Call for back up here. It's apparent that, whether or not the tree girl is real or not, at the very least, she's bait. With the whole party nearby it would be very foolish to attempt to take on this mysterious entity alone. Call Bambino and Reggie back urgently, and undoubtedly the rest will follow. Until they arrive, take your best defensive stance(possibly even back to back?) and guard. Ignore ANY calls from the tree girl until help arrives, as it could very well be the light of the anglerfish, as in an attempt to lull you into a false sense of security, or to lure you directly into harms way.
Derrick is already calling his conjurations, and neither him or Lucia seem to want to free the child immediately. I believe we should focus on defending against the monster somehow rather than emphasise the need to wait for reenforcements.

Edit: Gonna make a command for the Vorrus thing for the time being so NN's isn't the only one.

>Lucia: Summon Vorrus and lay some snares to trap this monster.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 03-17-2017

>Iris: throw the knives back at the attacker

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 03-17-2017

Assuming it doesn't have friendly fire

> Derrick: Play a sick solo on the SCOTSMAN'S WAIL to draw out your attacker.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 03-17-2017

=>

[Image: Kf7FgUV.png]

The daggers that were flung towards you phase out into the mist.

[Image: E9QDdoJ.png]

You use earth magics to form a makeshift holding area for the unknown girl.

Show ChatlogShow

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 03-17-2017

> Lucia and Derrick: Bag pipe duet! Make sure to not stay in one place once the smoke is up.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 03-17-2017

>Lucia: You can't see who threw those knives, so maybe you should even the playing field. You could use your bag of pipes to make smoke, and use your gloves to make wind and send it towards the direction the knives came from, then moving a few steps away. That way they won't know where you are either, and if they want to find out they'd have to come through the smoke and into Ira's detection range. If you do this make sure to leave the girl out of the smoke though, keeping her in your view is good for both your safety and hers.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Kayriel - 03-18-2017

Ooh, ninja kitty-girl. Let's see if we can recruit this one. Been awhile since we've had another possible waifu.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Ferociousfeind - 03-18-2017

>seconding bag pipe duet

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 03-23-2017

=>

[Image: 1qyLwRl.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: hE4yHBE.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: irAazjo.png]

Show ChatlogShow

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 03-23-2017

> Reggie: Stat check the restrained girl.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 03-23-2017

>Reggie + DT: Attempt a dangerous x2 realm attendant stats read

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 03-23-2017

(03-23-2017, 01:12 AM)Panur Wrote: »>Reggie + DT: Attempt a dangerous x2 realm attendant stats read

Seconding.

The danger is from them standing on top of one another. Doing sick stunts, yo!

Also, since the rest of the team stayed behind right now our basic plan is "take care of the possible hostage, then gtfo." As long as the girl isn't hostile we can take her with us, we should just keep some distance.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 03-23-2017

Reggie + DT: Attempt a dangerous x2 realm attendant stats read

[Image: ianYIya.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1. Look around for the mystery foe.
2. Continue to deploy persona display

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Princezz - 03-23-2017

>If that girl really is a monster, try talking to her to see if she really is tied up or if she's just pretending. Stay cautious of whatever threats may still be around, though.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 03-23-2017

> Reggie and DT: Swap scanning order.

It seems the different RTs have different tier two scan. I'm curious what Reggie's is.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 03-23-2017

Tentatively my command is
>3: Communicate with Anansi from a safe distance while keeping an eye open for the one that threw the knives. Try and figure out how Anansi got here, and what her intentions are. Communicate to her that if she is cooperative and not hostile you are willing to get her out of here, and might even be able to help her out long term if she wishes. In conjunction with all of that, have Ira keep track of her emotions.

I want to learn more about Anansi before we decide to let her down. Especially considering she is almost certainly spider related, and the silk strands "tying" her to that rock are suspiciously in the same pattern as a spider's legs would be. She might still be an unwilling part of a trap, but caution is prudent.

relevant: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anansi

Anansi probably can't damage us with straight attacks, but that doesn't mean there's no other things she can do that would be bad for us. Even things which she doesn't do intentionally (kinda like Mephita).Which is why I want to keep distance from her until we know there's nothing we particularly have to worry about.

As for the ninja catgirl: we could make more barriers with the gloves, use a smokescreen around us from the bag of pipes to cut off her vision and require her to close in to attack us, or just keep an eye out for her like we are now. I'm actually fairly confident about our ability to take a pot shot even if she actually succeeds in one. We're surprisingly tanky.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - tiredandjaded - 03-23-2017

(03-23-2017, 05:48 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »Tentatively my command is
>3: Communicate with Anansi from a safe distance while keeping an eye open for the one that threw the knives. Try and figure out how Anansi got here, and what her intentions are. Communicate to her that if she is cooperative and not hostile you are willing to get her out of here, and might even be able to help her out long term if she wishes. In conjunction with all of that, have Ira keep track of her emotions.

I want to learn more about Anansi before we decide to let her down. Especially considering she is almost certainly spider related, and the silk strands "tying" her to that rock are suspiciously in the same pattern as a spider's legs would be. She might still be an unwilling part of a trap, but caution is prudent.

relevant: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anansi

Anansi probably can't damage us with straight attacks, but that doesn't mean there's no other things she can do that would be bad for us. Even things which she doesn't do intentionally (kinda like Mephita).Which is why I want to keep distance from her until we know there's nothing we particularly have to worry about.

As for the ninja catgirl: we could make more barriers with the gloves, use a smokescreen around us from the bag of pipes to cut off her vision and require her to close in to attack us, or just keep an eye out for her like we are now. I'm actually fairly confident about our ability to take a pot shot even if she actually succeeds in one. We're surprisingly tanky.

seconding

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 03-23-2017

A Loyalty stat AND an indicated item drop :o ...IP you're spoiling us with all this thoughtful, decision-based paths xD
Who am i kidding tho, it's obvious that I'm not gonna pick anything that would shrink our ever-growing female cast ^_^

>1

>Lucia: tell her everything's gonna be alright, you'll find whoever did this to her.

Not Derrick b.c. that would make Lulu jealous, and deff not Alice since she could just ignore our command.
Also, as much as I'm all for free will here, Lucia could stand to be less hostile to monsters.
...so maybe she could at least be nice to the more hunan-looking ones?
...while they're still human-looking i mean xD