Eagle Time
Lucidstuck I - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Adventures and Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Lucidstuck I (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - RemoteCalamity - 12-26-2016

>2. I know most of us hate Alice for nearly everything, but kayriel is right. we'll need Alice with us to improve any emotional problems between the group. more specifically Lucia. From what I can tell, she'll keep running from this encounter has long has possible. possibly forever. So we have to do this.
however I'm not all for completely blindsiding her with this encounter, and suggest we at least give her a warning Alice is coming, and uh..... 'persuade' her to stay in our usual method. so after Lucas demands Alice's presence I'm thinking something like........
>Ghen & Itamie: go ahead and warn the others Alice is coming with Lucas

again fancy commands to test command capabilities

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 12-26-2016

>2 as-well, and i'm glad i'm not the only one this time xD

we do need to keep an eye on alice, and forcing Lucas to part with her would just make her resent us and Lucas might start genuinely resenting the reaper kids :/

Also, Kayriel, if you're not too busy, we'd love to hear from you on the Discord chat server ...if you haven't already joined under a name i don't recognize i mean xD
https://discord.gg/KEy4frg

We sometimes play Cards Against Humanity online with a custom Lucidstuck-themed deck! ^^

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Fellow - 12-26-2016

>3

Just because the kids' sanities will balance out if they're all together doesn't mean that Alice and Lucia can have a reunion without trouble. Alice has also been said to take on the leading role in the group, and what better time to do that when we're dealing with an enormous monster? I'd rather not have that happen. Plus, I believe Lucas should be putting more value in Emily's judgement than in Alice's wants.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - arnaldorex13 - 12-26-2016

>2 i didn't plan on doing any commands while being an observer but i think kayriel as very valid points and i dont think leaving alice all alone while the others are doing adventure like she is some sort of ugly duck is a good idea and besides is true the kids have to fix they differences at some point and there is not much opportunities to gather all the kids in one place at the same time

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - juddy555 - 12-27-2016

As a person who has been ditched rather often in the past, it hurts me a bit to vote for this, but I really think that Alice and Lucia would probably make trouble.
>3

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Kayriel - 12-27-2016

Also, let us not use 'there will be Lucia/Alice' problems as justification for abandoning her. There are going to be problems anyway. If these problems are not addressed, the most volatile and damaging problems IN the party, they can and will fester, and then eventually explode in our faces. We need to be finding ways to fix the rampant emotions these two girls feel for each other and Derrick and the whole love/hate triangle going on there or else we stand a VERY good chance of failing. Just like all the, how many times before? Hundreds? Thousands? Millions? Billions of times Daydream's run through this?

If, because of personal issues with Daydream and not the good of the party and endgame victory, we cause a greater issue here when we have at least a chance to possibly do some good or set up a point down the road where we can legitimately iron some things out, we can only pray IP will throw us a bone and give us another chance later to accomplish what we could have accomplished here. But considering it was said IP's going to be less forgiving from now on...

We are the veterans of the MSPAF times, there's no saboteurs or hyperactive kiddies shouting random orders here to get in the way of discussion and understanding. We know better. We made a pact, Observers. Let's see it through.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Fellow - 12-27-2016

(12-27-2016, 03:14 PM)Kayriel Wrote: »Also, let us not use 'there will be Lucia/Alice' problems as justification for abandoning her. There are going to be problems anyway. If these problems are not addressed, the most volatile and damaging problems IN the party, they can and will fester, and then eventually explode in our faces. We need to be finding ways to fix the rampant emotions these two girls feel for each other and Derrick and the whole love/hate triangle going on there or else we stand a VERY good chance of failing. Just like all the, how many times before? Hundreds? Thousands? Millions? Billions of times Daydream's run through this?
I agree that there will be problems later if not now, but I believe it is perhaps better to find a time to deal with them when we're not dealing with a gigantic monster. We could also try to prepare Lucia to meet Alice by talking it over with the other kids. After all, it's really bad if Lucia flips out.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - bobjob3 - 12-27-2016

I think the thing we're not really considering here is that all the kids said "Don't bring Alice, only Lucas". Everyone (maybe not derrick but everyone else) wants Alice to stay away, even her friend Lexxi. Bringing her would show them Lucas is not to be trusted either.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Fellow - 12-27-2016

(12-27-2016, 03:59 PM)bobjob3 Wrote: »I think the thing we're not really considering here is that all the kids said "Don't bring Alice, only Lucas". Everyone (maybe not derrick but everyone else) wants Alice to stay away, even her friend Lexxi. Bringing her would show them Lucas is not to be trusted either.
Not really, Lexii and Garry weren't there. It's only Emily and Lucia who didn't want Alice around.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Lylac - 12-27-2016

it is currently 6(3) to 6(2).

I vote #2

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 12-27-2016

>3

welp

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 12-27-2016

We're now deciding on what Lucas will do, but have any of you considered how Alice will react?
I mean, she's obviously not one to respect boundaries... and she DOES have illusion powers...
Who's to say she won't follow Lucas and the reaper kids anyway?!

The only difference would be that she'd be doing it behind everyone's back... like she's already used to doing things.
Oh, and also, we're ruining any chance Lucas might have at potentially calming her down when she'll get possessed by Malice.

Note that i'm saying WHEN not IF, because let's face it, the girl has issues... and Malice likes to make a home of those issues and rot a person from the inside out :I

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 12-27-2016

Slightly off topic but when we get back to the plains we need to have all of our RT's and Hermes scan Lethos and her gang so we can get as much information as we can. Knowing is half the battle after all.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - RemoteCalamity - 12-27-2016

>Derrick: suggest going on a hunt for materials on a lower level with Lucia while everyone is dealing with Lethos

>Lucas: have everyone meet up, including Alice

>Garry & Emily: please make sure Alice doesn't figure out where Derrick and Lucia went off to, also ask Lexii to keep it secret too.

>Lethos excursion team: deal with Lethos

>Derrick: head back after a while, and suggest Lucia should check up on everyone else

this command chain sponsored and provided by: the lovely people on the Lucidstuck discord server

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 12-27-2016

(12-27-2016, 09:00 PM)RemoteCalamity Wrote: »>Derrick: suggest going on a hunt for materials on a lower level with Lucia while everyone is dealing with Lethos

>Garry & Emily: please make sure Alice doesn't figure out where Derrick and Lucia went off to, also ask Lexii to keep it secret too.

>Derrick: head back after a while, and suggest Lucia should check up on everyone else

this command chain sponsored and provided by: the lovely people on the Lucidstuck discord server

Changing my vote to seconding this.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - AgiDine - 12-27-2016

Quote:>Derrick: suggest going on a hunt for materials on a lower level with Lucia while everyone is dealing with Lethos

Seconding, as I was a minor part of the making of the idea. Also, I'm new on the forums, so hello!

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Garry Matthews - 12-27-2016

(12-27-2016, 09:01 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »
(12-27-2016, 09:00 PM)RemoteCalamity Wrote: »>Derrick: suggest going on a hunt for materials on a lower level with Lucia while everyone is dealing with Lethos

Since I was the one that originally founded this idea (made better due to the wonderful folks in the LS Discord), I second it. Also, hello world. My name is Garreth.

You can call me Garry. And, as I like to say, you'll see me around.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Lylac - 12-27-2016

The vote is now 6(3) to 8(2) with RemoteCalamity's command having a support of 3 secondings.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - arnaldorex13 - 12-27-2016

(12-27-2016, 09:16 PM)Garry Matthews Wrote: »

Since I was the one that originally founded this idea (made better due to the wonderful folks in the LS Discord), I second it. Also, hello world. My name is Garreth.

i change my vote to second this too

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Shadowfyst997 - 12-28-2016

Not that it matters at ths point, but I Agree with the discord created plan Xd that's a good chain of commands that will allow for optimal results, providing everything goes smoothly.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Kayriel - 12-28-2016

If this plan does not go smoothly, it will be obvious that the Observers are involved, since it is too complex for someone without near-omniscience to accomplish and Daydream doesn't quite have the ability to interact that we do. If something tips off Lucia that Alice was involved - perhaps, after the mission is over, and someone mentions it? Or even Alice herself showing back up and mentioning it because she can be a little vindictive and bitchy that way? Then having had it happen behind her back without a chance to come to terms with the idea that it was happening can easily make Lucia more suspicious of our commands or even invoke her ire in our direction.

I stand by the 2. option as it is, with the hopes that we're allowed to guide conversation upon arrival.
That said I do not oppose the Discord order-chain, just pointing out a larger unknown factor and more points where it can all come tumbling down. I advise caution, as always.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 12-28-2016

(12-28-2016, 06:51 PM)Kayriel Wrote: »If this plan does not go smoothly, it will be obvious that the Observers are involved, since it is too complex for someone without near-omniscience to accomplish and Daydream doesn't quite have the ability to interact that we do. If something tips off Lucia that Alice was involved - perhaps, after the mission is over, and someone mentions it? Or even Alice herself showing back up and mentioning it because she can be a little vindictive and bitchy that way? Then having had it happen behind her back without a chance to come to terms with the idea that it was happening can easily make Lucia more suspicious of our commands or even invoke her ire in our direction.

I stand by the 2. option as it is, with the hopes that we're allowed to guide conversation upon arrival.
That said I do not oppose the Discord order-chain, just pointing out a larger unknown factor and more points where it can all come tumbling down. I advise caution, as always.

They're already dealing with a boss and are going to have to handle the Alice/Lucia drama. I think they'll be a little preoccupied with that to wonder if semi-omniscient beings are orchestrating some plan for unknown reasons. Even if Alice tries bringing it up why would Lucia listen to her? She hates her and has every reason to assume she's just trying to mess with her.

Besides, it's not like we're doing anything bad by doing this. We're just making sure theres no drama that comes up while we take care of a large, potentially dangerous creature that's capable of a TPK.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - bobjob3 - 12-28-2016

(12-27-2016, 10:35 PM)arnaldorex13 Wrote: »
(12-27-2016, 09:16 PM)Garry Matthews Wrote: »

i change my vote to second this too

Seconded

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Unclever title - 12-28-2016

>2

Taking on a boss as big as Lethos (even peacefully) should involve planning from the entire group. It's only right.

If things get unduly tense we can separate Alex and Lucia. Split the party into two teams.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ForestGardener - 12-31-2016

Late to the party here, perhaps too late. Nonetheless, my input.

The command chain has a couple of problems. More minor is that Derrick and Lucia are not present to be buffed by Azriel. More significant is that Derrick's item creation ability, the box that replicates it, and the supply of BCS are all absent. This makes making the equipment to communicate with Lethos tricky. I also dispute the value of deferring the inevitable meeting between Alice and Lucia. True, it is likely to go better after Derrick has confronted Alice as promised, but when will we next get a chance to have all 7 guardians in one place?

> 2, and if the command chain is used and iP has not already begun, prefix the chain with
> Group: Have the equipment ready and waiting before Lucas arrives.