Eagle Time
Lucidstuck I - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Adventures and Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Lucidstuck I (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 03:38 AM)Panur Wrote: »POSTING IN MA'S BEHALF

">Derrick: the bridge emily made made a noise, daesdyne heard you! panic button, panic button!"

Thank you pan! I was having problems with my browser not opening new tabs, and pan kindly posted this upon my request.

To clarify, one of the things I asked iP to have the kids make/bring with them is an item that rewinds time, like the bag did. The thing that tipped Daesdyne off to our presence was probably the noise the bridge made when Emily made it. Using the reset button should rewind us to before Emily made the bridge, letting us use a more silent way of progressing.

I think we can pass over the pit silently by having Kira shoot Warm Reach into the ground silently, then giving the rope end to Lucia and having her fly across the pit and secure it on her side. Then just have the kids cross the rope like they were going to here.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 04:02 AM)martialAcademic Wrote: »

">Derrick: the bridge emily made made a noise, daesdyne heard you! panic button, panic button!"

Thank you pan! I was having problems with my browser not opening new tabs, and pan kindly posted this upon my request.

To clarify, one of the things I asked iP to have the kids make/bring with them is an item that rewinds time, like the bag did. The thing that tipped Daesdyne off to our presence was probably the noise the bridge made when Emily made it. Using the reset button should rewind us to before Emily made the bridge, letting us use a more silent way of progressing.

I think we can pass over the pit silently by having Kira shoot Warm Reach into the ground silently, then giving the rope end to Lucia and having her fly across the pit and secure it on her side. Then just have the kids cross the rope like they were going to here.

so theoretically this would allow us to go back to a time BEFORE Lucia discovered the location of everyone's death-beds?
In which case, i'm all for it! Seconded! (or, well, thirded)

you know how it's a bad idea to let the kids know we even exist because it would imply nothing they do even matters...
It's likewise a bad idea to let them know there's an "easy way out" incase they get possessed or die :I

I've expressed this in the past, but i would like to re-iterate it...
I want the kids to spend an eternity ruling the dreamlands as gods... AFTER they've already lived rich, full lives and died of old-age :I

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 09:09 AM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »
(10-23-2016, 04:02 AM)martialAcademic Wrote: »

so theoretically this would allow us to go back to a time BEFORE Lucia discovered the location of everyone's death-beds?

you know how it's a bad idea to let the kids know we even exist because it would imply nothing they do even matters...
It's likewise a bad idea to let them know there's an "easy way out" incase they get possessed or die :I

I want the kids to spend an eternity ruling the dreamlands as gods... AFTER they've already lived rich, full lives and died of old-age :I

nN, I'm all for the kids surviving, but the kids already know where the death beds are, and Lucia can access them whenever, what we are doing here is opening the path to parts of the maps we haven't visited yet and we NEED to get through to get to Lethos which one way or another means a realm key, which we need to make the arena and so and so....we are gonna have to get here sooner or later, and the kids already know where the beds are and what they do.... them existing at all doesn't mean anything is hopeless or they don't have any other chances or anything XD

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Lylac - 10-23-2016

[Image: 84e8e45c227eba202d4170a662887b1c.png]

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 09:09 AM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »so theoretically this would allow us to go back to a time BEFORE Lucia discovered the location of everyone's death-beds?

This only really applies to Lexii, Derrick, and Lucia. Everyone else knows about Nightmare and probably how he was formed.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Fellow - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 04:10 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »This only really applies to Lexii, Derrick, and Lucia. Everyone else knows about Nightmare and probably how he was formed.

Lucia actually heard a bit about becoming a godtier from Uilos. She might perhaps not know what deathbeds look like though.

Perhaps the kids could go down and hide in a different tunnel. Emily could mark the tunnel for lucia to find.

Edit: Eh, there's so many competing commands atm I might as well

>Everyone: Scale down from the robe to a lower tunnel.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 10-23-2016

>Emily and Derrick: Create another stone platform and create a propelling fire under it after everyone gets on, using the combined power of the paintbrush + the gloves should create a force strong enough to lift everyone up

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 06:29 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Emily and Derrick: Create another stone platform and create a propelling fire under it after everyone gets on, using the combined power of the paintbrush + the gloves should create a force strong enough to lift everyone up

This would be awesome to see... can i also Second this?! xD
I suppose we could also do this after the time rewind tho...

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Shadowfyst997 - 10-23-2016

Wow Lylac, you have a comic too? I am checking that shit out!

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ForestGardener - 10-23-2016

"Climb up, up, up, lest you feed the snake."

But yes, giving ourselves an extra minute and possibly not alerting Daesdyne first sounds like a marvelous idea.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 10-25-2016

Derrick: The bridge Emily made made a noise, Daesdyne heard you! panic button, panic button!

[Image: 9DTaK8M.png]

You take out your last resort item. You just know this has to be used here and now, you waste no time pressing the rewind button.

[Image: IxsX56B.png]

[Image: vQkEOeP.png]

[Image: Z6QJD9H.png]

[Image: C0rc4mZ.png]

You made it back, even better, into Bambino's arms.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 1aiphMR.png]

You take a look at your panic button. It's completely drained...

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 10-25-2016

If the reapers can land silently > Reapers: Vault leap across.

Depending on if the reapers can land silently > Lucia and Reggie: Fly everyone (else) across.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 10-25-2016

I'm not sure if we can combine here, since Derrick had trouble combining that camera and umbrella in Lexii's house when it wasn't safe. If Terra's suggestion doesn't work then I'd say:

>Derrick/Lucia: If you anchor WARM REACH onto this side Lucia could take the rope and fly to the other side. Then she could either anchor the SILENT SPEAR into the ground or find something handy and tie the rope to it so that everybody can cross.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 10-26-2016

>Derrick: instruct your Techrantula to go back to the entrance of the cave but not go outside, there it will stand by, when lucia sends the text message "noise" it must emit a loud noise, if lucia sends the message "return" it will return to Derrick via the fastest way available (the skip cave door)

This will serve as a distraction for Daesdyne if she gets too close

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 10-26-2016

>Derrick: explain to Lucia there's an exit above and have her carry you all out as fast and quietly as possible

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 10-26-2016

(10-25-2016, 11:41 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »I'm not sure if we can combine here, since Derrick had trouble combining that camera and umbrella in Lexii's house when it wasn't safe. If Terra's suggestion doesn't work then I'd say:

>Derrick/Lucia: If you anchor WARM REACH onto this side Lucia could take the rope and fly to the other side. Then she could either anchor the SILENT SPEAR into the ground or find something handy and tie the rope to it so that everybody can cross.

The spear may be muted but the ground isn't.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Username - 10-27-2016

(10-26-2016, 12:32 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »
(10-25-2016, 11:41 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »I'm not sure if we can combine here, since Derrick had trouble combining that camera and umbrella in Lexii's house when it wasn't safe. If Terra's suggestion doesn't work then I'd say:

Can we use the magic gloves to mute sound? I know that the panic button out, so we probably don't want to test this now.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 10-27-2016

(10-27-2016, 02:52 AM)Username Wrote: »
(10-26-2016, 12:32 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »

Can we use the magic gloves to mute sound? I know that the panic button out, so we probably don't want to test this now.

Not as far as I'm aware, but if WARM REACH just being shot from the SILENT BOW into stone didn't make a sound, I'm confident the SILENT SPEAR on it's own should be fine. The spear and the bow have the same silencing effect.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ForestGardener - 10-27-2016

I've suggested using the air and earth magic of the gloves to suppress vibrations several times now, but iP elected not to have them experiment with versatility options before entering the cave, so...

Question: What kind of power source does the panic button have, and may I suggest something in the vein of Tony Stark's arc reactors or the miniature (including pocket sized) nuclear reactors from the Artemis Fowl series for the Panic Button mk2?

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Kayriel - 10-29-2016

(10-27-2016, 07:20 PM)ForestGardener Wrote: »I've suggested using the air and earth magic of the gloves to suppress vibrations several times now, but iP elected not to have them experiment with versatility options before entering the cave, so...

Question: What kind of power source does the panic button have, and may I suggest something in the vein of Tony Stark's arc reactors or the miniature (including pocket sized) nuclear reactors from the Artemis Fowl series for the Panic Button mk2?

Highly doubt we'd be able to make something that high-tech or powerful.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 10-29-2016

SpoilerShow

Derrick: If you anchor WARM REACH onto this side Lucia could take the rope and fly to the other side. Then she could either anchor the SILENT SPEAR into the ground or find something handy and tie the rope to it so that everybody can cross.

[Image: 9DsgRkp.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: cBM6LRK.png]

Lucia takes flight. As you said the tension lessens the further out she goes. You hope she lodged it pretty well into the ground with a tiny bit of earth magic.

[Image: 8bfWJbd.png]

You are now Lucia floating up to freedom, you're surprised how easy this journey seemingly was!

[Image: ircv6bn.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: FFpt81t.png]

You tie off the yarn to each of Ira's legs in loveseat mode. Seems sturdy enough.

Show ChatlogShow

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 10-29-2016

Yea, no, that doesn't look safe :I
>Lucia: Stop screwing around and just tie the yarn around the underside of the bridge, then fly back into the cave and make sure you're there to catch anyone that might fall while trying to climb back up.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 10-29-2016

> Ira: Turn into something heavier.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 10-30-2016

>lucia: Have Ira turn into an iron velvet throne, becoming heavier to support the others weight, sit on velvet throne and strike a sassy pose for when the others come back

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 10-30-2016

Alright, fine. Let's see if Ira really can change her weight on a whim. ;)
Seconding.