Eagle Time
Lucidstuck I - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Adventures and Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Lucidstuck I (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 09-12-2016

> Emily: The guardian said "The entrance of the cave has a winding staircase to the side. Walking straight out will take you to your death. There will be many tunnels to chose from. Take the one that's directly in front of you as when you've reached the base. There will be a drop in that tunnel, but it is not as deep as it looks, fall into it. Taking this tunnel will come to a crossroad, take left. Afterwards you will reach another crossroad, take right. You will find another pitfall on the path, you'll need to make your way over it as the drop will be fatal. As you're doing this, do not go too soon, as this tunnel ends quite dramatically, you'll want to make your way up the wall with something. If you keep climbing from there you will reach the exit.". They to convey this information to your allies in a way that would seem natural, as if you were recalling it.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Username - 09-12-2016

Hey hey hey, remember this? Are we gonna try it out? Or shall we go do the thing that iP wants us to do? :<

(08-30-2016, 05:28 AM)Username Wrote: »So, I'm going to recap my deafening strategy for Daesdayne here, so people can read it and improve on it, without it being as messy as the previous thread.

So, Daesdayne has super hearing, right? That means that she's easier to deafen than people. If we can get a really loud noise in her cave, it might deafen her forever. A deaf and blind giant monster is a lot easy to deal with than if she still could hear. We could walk in, steal her soul horde, and walk out. Perhaps we could even take her out, but that might be pushing it.

So, how this would work. A human experiences hearing damage at about 120 db. Permanent deafness occurs at around 190 db. A grenade is about 195 db, point blank. However, due to Daesdayne's super hearing, this should be a much lower number. To be on the safe side though, I still recommend something around 190-200 db.

The main problem is that this is a dream world. However unlikely, Daesdayne could have a deus ex power that protects her ears or something. Because of this, I recommend a time reversing item. Just in case.

Also, please comment improvements! I want this to be the best possible plan.

(I feel so so tired thinking this all out hope you guys all like it I mean I did actual research for this and now I'm rambling)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 04:41 AM)Username Wrote: »Hey hey hey, remember this? Are we gonna try it out? Or shall we go do the thing that iP wants us to do? :<

(08-30-2016, 05:28 AM)Username Wrote: »So, I'm going to recap my deafening strategy for Daesdayne here, so people can read it and improve on it, without it being as messy as the previous thread.

So, Daesdayne has super hearing, right? That means that she's easier to deafen than people. If we can get a really loud noise in her cave, it might deafen her forever. A deaf and blind giant monster is a lot easy to deal with than if she still could hear. We could walk in, steal her soul horde, and walk out. Perhaps we could even take her out, but that might be pushing it.

So, how this would work. A human experiences hearing damage at about 120 db. Permanent deafness occurs at around 190 db. A grenade is about 195 db, point blank. However, due to Daesdayne's super hearing, this should be a much lower number. To be on the safe side though, I still recommend something around 190-200 db.

The main problem is that this is a dream world. However unlikely, Daesdayne could have a deus ex power that protects her ears or something. Because of this, I recommend a time reversing item. Just in case.

Also, please comment improvements! I want this to be the best possible plan.

(I feel so so tired thinking this all out hope you guys all like it I mean I did actual research for this and now I'm rambling)

We don't have anything on us at the moment to do it with other than guns. I'd rather wait until we have something specialized for the job.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Princezz - 09-12-2016

Oh no...I was right when I thought that was Daesdyne's cave...

Also, I've decided that I want to make Lucidstuck stuff like everyone else is doing, but since I'm not the best artist, I've decided to make music like someone else did. So far I have 2 songs:

https://instaud.io/xeT

https://instaud.io/xeU

I'm planning on making more, and maybe I could make an album on Bandcamp that people can download, and anyone else who wants to make music or art for it can join in too. It would be a great project.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 04:41 AM)Username Wrote: »Hey hey hey, remember this? Are we gonna try it out? Or shall we go do the thing that iP wants us to do? :<

I'm game for it, but I'd suggest that be an "in case of emergency". With the silent gear that we have unless somebody really messes up we should already be effectively inaudible to Daesdyne and using something that makes noise might just draw attention. If she does actually notice us then it's a thing we should do by all means.

(09-12-2016, 04:49 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »We don't have anything on us at the moment to do it with other than guns. I'd rather wait until we have something specialized for the job.

We should have one weapon that just hasn't been shown yet. It was on the list of things to make that I gave to iP in the stream.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - juddy555 - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 04:09 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »> Emily: The guardian said "The entrance of the cave has a winding staircase to the side. Walking straight out will take you to your death. There will be many tunnels to chose from. Take the one that's directly in front of you as when you've reached the base. There will be a drop in that tunnel, but it is not as deep as it looks, fall into it. Taking this tunnel will come to a crossroad, take left. Afterwards you will reach another crossroad, take right. You will find another pitfall on the path, you'll need to make your way over it as the drop will be fatal. As you're doing this, do not go too soon, as this tunnel ends quite dramatically, you'll want to make your way up the wall with something. If you keep climbing from there you will reach the exit.". They to convey this information to your allies in a way that would seem natural, as if you were recalling it.

Seconding and adding

>Emily: We can remind you every now and then if you forget.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 09-12-2016

Derrick: Give a bit more intel on Daesdyne to your group (such as the fact she work by echolocation), perhaps it would be best to simply find out where she currently is and go to another darkness level to avoid confrontation.

[Image: XMny4CV.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: F0x44ri.png]

Ghen whips out an eerie skull lantern that cuts through the darkness. You're slightly confused.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: zlaJm7N.png]

Show ChatlogShow

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Supeh Mario - 09-12-2016

aight guys we're doing this

> All: Enter (cautiously).

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 09-13-2016

>Ghen: pass lantern to Emily

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ForestGardener - 09-13-2016

On account of the massive boost that is Azriel's Wraith Rings and the fact that not everyone is present, I vote we not kill Daesdyne this time around. Making the shortcut through the cave is a great idea anyway, and the door to Locad is on the other side.

>Distribute any silent/quiet gear.
>Derrick and Lucia: Test using air and earth magic to stop vibrations. Surely those magic gloves are good for more than single-type brute force attacks. You made them for the purpose of versatility, after all.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - giw - 09-13-2016

Do we know how big Daesdyne's soul cache is? We saved one exquisite soul worth 30 because of the wraith ring thing literally a couple of minutes ago, why would we waste 10 to 20 or more normal souls now?

On a more meta note, we've had almost 300 pages since Derrick last woke up. I know they've been getting longer (averaging 447 for the last 5), but if he starts to wake up while in the cave it would be disastrous.

(09-13-2016, 02:53 AM)ForestGardener Wrote: »I vote we not kill Daesdyne this time around. Making the shortcut through the cave is a great idea anyway, and the door to Locad is on the other side.

Seconded.

We should also have Derrick talk to Ann soon, I think she's quietly suspicious that Derrick isn't or doesn't (really) want to be her friend.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Princezz - 09-13-2016

>Everyone: Prepare to enter the cave, and do not be alarmed if it suddenly closed behind you.

Also, I made some more songs:

https://instaud.io/xj8

https://instaud.io/xj9

https://instaud.io/xja

See if you can guess who these songs are for. The first two should be obvious by their titles, but the third one is slightly harder to guess...

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - juddy555 - 09-13-2016

>Enter.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 09-13-2016

>Everybody: Look through the entrance of the cave before entering. In fact, make that a general rule before you go ANYWHERE in this cave. Look before you go somewhere.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Username - 09-14-2016

(09-13-2016, 06:09 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Everybody: Look through the entrance of the cave before entering. In fact, make that a general rule before you go ANYWHERE in this cave. Look before you go somewhere.

Seconding.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Username - 09-14-2016

(09-12-2016, 11:35 AM)Princezz Wrote: »I'm planning on making more, and maybe I could make an album on Bandcamp that people can download, and anyone else who wants to make music or art for it can join in too. It would be a great project.

I want to help.
But I can't draw.
Or make music.
Or do anything creative.
Except maybe writing suggestions for a webcomic.

:(

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Princezz - 09-14-2016

I made some more songs. One of them is for a character, the others are for 2 of the realms.

https://instaud.io/xnp

https://instaud.io/xnn

https://instaud.io/xno

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Supeh Mario - 09-15-2016

i have no idea if this has been discussed before but uh, quick question, is Daesdyne only present at ground level? we could go straight to level 2 or higher and avoid encountering it completely, but what if it's on multiple dream levels or it can travel between them somehow? 'cause that might be a problem.

besides, how good is Daesdyne's hearing, exactly? and how smart is it? it could still be able to detect the group despite the "silent" gear (i don't know if it's actually silent through some weird magic or if it just reduces the noise), and then follow them from a distance until they get in a spot that makes them vulnerable. if that ever happens we should make the kids move up a bunch of dream levels (like five? eight? not too far) just in case, assuming Daesdyne is actually able to move through levels one at a time. that way we might be able to buy some time for the kids to be able to escape.

the main reason i think it's able to do that is because this ability would give it more opportunities to catch prey that wander in, since each level has different monsters. idk, just a thought that might be worth considering

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 09-15-2016

(09-15-2016, 03:26 AM)Supeh Mario Wrote: »i have no idea if this has been discussed before but uh, quick question, is Daesdyne only present at ground level? we could go straight to level 2 or higher and avoid encountering it completely, but what if it's on multiple dream levels or it can travel between them somehow? 'cause that might be a problem.

besides, how good is Daesdyne's hearing, exactly? and how smart is it? it could still be able to detect the group despite the "silent" gear (i don't know if it's actually silent through some weird magic or if it just reduces the noise), and then follow them from a distance until they get in a spot that makes them vulnerable. if that ever happens we should make the kids move up a bunch of dream levels (like five? eight? not too far) just in case, assuming Daesdyne is actually able to move through levels one at a time. that way we might be able to buy some time for the kids to be able to escape.

the main reason i think it's able to do that is because this ability would give it more opportunities to catch prey that wander in, since each level has different monsters. idk, just a thought that might be worth considering

Daesdyne has little reason to not just outright kill us if the silent gear fails. The cave closes so we have nowhere to go and we're basically ants to her. Fighting back would be possible but probably not all that successful.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Supeh Mario - 09-15-2016

(09-15-2016, 03:38 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Daesdyne has little reason to not just outright kill us if the silent gear fails. The cave closes so we have nowhere to go and we're basically ants to her. Fighting back would be possible but probably not all that successful.

oh yeah you're right. i guess there's not much for it to gain from playing with its food. and yeah even though we can try fighting Daesdyne upon encountering it we'd rather bail immediately instead. the reward's probably enormous but the odds of dying are just as big

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 09-15-2016

(09-15-2016, 03:26 AM)Supeh Mario Wrote: »i have no idea if this has been discussed before but uh, quick question, is Daesdyne only present at ground level? we could go straight to level 2 or higher and avoid encountering it completely, but what if it's on multiple dream levels or it can travel between them somehow? 'cause that might be a problem.

In addition to what Heyo said, we can move very quickly through the darkness levels via Ira if Lucia and Derrick are together. Emily can hitch a ride, and the reapers can navigate themselves. Plus we've got that door in the front too. If we get into trouble we can make another door that links to it wherever we are and just nope the fuck out of there.

Daesdyne is apparently able to hear noises but unable to find somebody if they are being silent as evidenced by Ahn surviving an encounter. We should have a thing that would hopefully deafen her, as well as the silent gear, but as Heyo said we'd probably get instantly turned into meaty giblets if she really wants us dead.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Princezz - 09-15-2016

I made a proper place to put the songs I've made:

https://soundcloud.com/user-578734626-154884139

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Shadowfyst997 - 09-16-2016

I'll leave the strategizing to you guys as you all seem to have a pretty good grasp at a plan. But I just want to say. That lantern moment. Omg, that lantern moment. that was fantastic XD

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 09-17-2016

=>

[Image: Q5F62AS.png]

Entering this cave again brings you chills, you did bring emergency measures as a last resort which gives you a reason to keep your composure.

[Image: y5Mpk29.png]

You and the reapers make your way down the the winding staircase. An unnerving feeling hangs over you as you shine your flashlight out into the abyssal maw that awaits below. it appears unending almost. As deep as it is, it doesn't compare to the fear of stumbling upon Daesdyne suddenly.

[Image: aO6gNyR.png]

You notice Ghen has stopped, everyone follows suit. There appears to be three ways you can go from here. You have no clue which way to go.

1. Continue to far off tunnel ahead.
2. Climb rope to tunnel above
3. Take tunnel to the right.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 09-17-2016

https://mspfanventures.com/?s=3039&p=3866
"FFG: There will be many tunnels to chose from. Take the one that's directly in front of you as when you've reached the base."

>1