Eagle Time
Lucidstuck I - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Adventures and Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Lucidstuck I (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Username - 08-30-2016

(08-30-2016, 02:38 AM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Derrick: You and Lucia can use your gloves to make a hole and then flip Miander into it. Then you could take a safe distance and start using ranged attacks without fear of reprisal. If that doesn't work stun Miander and go for the eyes and other disabling spots. Also, you should say hi to Ahn and her new associate once you have a moment. It pays to be polite.

Seconded!

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Username - 08-30-2016

So, I'm going to recap my deafening strategy for Daesdayne here, so people can read it and improve on it, without it being as messy as the previous thread.

So, Daesdayne has super hearing, right? That means that she's easier to deafen than people. If we can get a really loud noise in her cave, it might deafen her forever. A deaf and blind giant monster is a lot easy to deal with than if she still could hear. We could walk in, steal her soul horde, and walk out. Perhaps we could even take her out, but that might be pushing it.

So, how this would work. A human experiences hearing damage at about 120 db. Permanent deafness occurs at around 190 db. A grenade is about 195 db, point blank. However, due to Daesdayne's super hearing, this should be a much lower number. To be on the safe side though, I still recommend something around 190-200 db.

The main problem is that this is a dream world. However unlikely, Daesdayne could have a deus ex power that protects her ears or something. Because of this, I recommend a time reversing item. Just in case.

Also, please comment improvements! I want this to be the best possible plan.

(I feel so so tired thinking this all out hope you guys all like it I mean I did actual research for this and now I'm rambling)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - assignedAssailant - 08-30-2016

(08-30-2016, 05:28 AM)Username Wrote: »So, I'm going to recap my deafening strategy for Daesdayne here, so people can read it and improve on it, without it being as messy as the previous thread.

So, Daesdayne has super hearing, right? That means that she's easier to deafen than people. If we can get a really loud noise in her cave, it might deafen her forever. A deaf and blind giant monster is a lot easy to deal with than if she still could hear. We could walk in, steal her soul horde, and walk out. Perhaps we could even take her out, but that might be pushing it.

So, how this would work. A human experiences hearing damage at about 120 db. Permanent deafness occurs at around 190 db. A grenade is about 195 db, point blank. However, due to Daesdayne's super hearing, this should be a much lower number. To be on the safe side though, I still recommend something around 190-200 db.

The main problem is that this is a dream world. However unlikely, Daesdayne could have a deus ex power that protects her ears or something. Because of this, I recommend a time reversing item. Just in case.

Also, please comment improvements! I want this to be the best possible plan.

(I feel so so tired thinking this all out hope you guys all like it I mean I did actual research for this and now I'm rambling)

It's a sound strategy, but we don't know HOW super Daesdyne's hearing is.
If it's... Let's say x4 a normal Human's hearing, we may just be able to lob a nade inside and render her basically useless, although, as you said, Daesdyne may have some Deus-Ex Machina for that exact situation, so bringing time reversal and fear reduction may help a great deal.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 08-30-2016

(08-30-2016, 05:28 AM)Username Wrote: »We could walk in, steal her soul horde, and walk out. Perhaps we could even take her out, but that might be pushing it.

Daesdyne's soul horde is inside her belly, so for that we'd have to kill her.
Making Daesdyne deaf seems like a sound strategy, if only Lexii and Hermes were here.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 08-30-2016

We DO have the Scotsman's Wail, which is a deafening sonic weapon.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ForestGardener - 09-01-2016

(08-30-2016, 02:38 AM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Derrick: You and Lucia can use your gloves to make a hole and then flip Miander into it. Then you could take a safe distance and start using ranged attacks without fear of reprisal. If that doesn't work stun Miander and go for the eyes and other disabling spots. Also, you should say hi to Ahn and her new associate once you have a moment. It pays to be polite.

The hole idea, the disabling spots idea, and saying hi I second. But those eyes do not look like weak spots. The entire face is armor; all Miander has to do is close its eyes. Though perhaps lightning could be fast enough. Anyway, I'd say all five extremities count as weak spots we can attempt to cripple or better yet sever. The long balance-tail is especially attractive (but remember it is also a weapon).

I wonder if the water can be used for ice. Certainly steam or boiling water in combination with fire, but could the fire magic be used to extract the heat from the water (assuming the water magic can't do ice by itself)?

...Wait. This guy's shields/weapons are made of stone. He is partially encrusted with stone. Between wind, water, and earth magic...
>Erode

Oh, better idea. The eyes may be well defended, but that doesn't mean we can't cover them with something opaque. I'm thinking ice, earth, fire, or (if we can swing it) lava to the face mask.

Also, Miander is obviously shadow and earth/rock/stone/something types.
>Emily: Purify Derrick and Lucia's gloves and weapons.

Ugh. Looks like Miander can bang his arm slabs and tail hammer together. Also he has lights along the side of his tail; not sure what that means. Where do we want the reapers?

Don't forget Ira.

Edit:
"Miander: Your death will give life. It is a fair trade."
Did we all somehow miss that this is anything but a fair trade? One side loses something for no gain and the other side gains something for no loss.
>Emily or one of the reapers: Point out that death for life is a one-way exchange and therefore not a trade, let alone a fair trade as Miander claimed.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 09-01-2016

(09-01-2016, 01:26 AM)ForestGardener Wrote: »The hole idea, the disabling spots idea, and saying hi I second. But those eyes do not look like weak spots. The entire face is armor; all Miander has to do is close its eyes. Though perhaps lightning could be fast enough. Anyway, I'd say all five extremities count as weak spots we can attempt to cripple or better yet sever. The long balance-tail is especially attractive (but remember it is also a weapon).

I wonder if the water can be used for ice. Certainly steam or boiling water in combination with fire, but could the fire magic be used to extract the heat from the water (assuming the water magic can't do ice by itself)?

...Wait. This guy's shields/weapons are made of stone. He is partially encrusted with stone. Between wind, water, and earth magic...
>Erode

Oh, better idea. The eyes may be well defended, but that doesn't mean we can't cover them with something opaque. I'm thinking ice, earth, fire, or (if we can swing it) lava to the face mask.

Also, Miander is obviously shadow and earth/rock/stone/something types.
>Emily: Purify Derrick and Lucia's gloves and weapons.

Ugh. Looks like Miander can bang his arm slabs and tail hammer together. Also he has lights along the side of his tail; not sure what that means. Where do we want the reapers?

Don't forget Ira.

Edit:
"Miander: Your death will give life. It is a fair trade."
Did we all somehow miss that this is anything but a fair trade? One side loses something for no gain and the other side gains something for no loss.
>Emily or one of the reapers: Point out that death for life is a one-way exchange and therefore not a trade, let alone a fair trade as Miander claimed.

Seconding and adding...
>Emily: Keep trying to shake Miander's beliefs during the fight.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Username - 09-02-2016

SpoilerShow

Thirding.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 09-03-2016

SpoilerShow

Everyone: make sure to keep your distance if possible, keep away from those pillar arms

[Image: iXlg6r2.png]

Everyone backs up while you and Lucia take point.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: Jm5R6IT.png]

Lucia slashes Miander for 125 damage!

[Image: 8vjbeqd.png]

Derrick lights up Miander for... 0 damage! Miander's defense was too great!

[Image: iO1Iyre.png]

Miander tail smashes you and Lucia for 200 and 195 damage respectively, you only receive 75 and 70 damage. Ira has taken the damage instead of Lucia and was killed!

Derrick won't survive another hit like that!

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 09-03-2016

So there goes most of Lucia's powers. We should get out of melee range and kite this guy, because if we try to take him in a straight close up fight people are going to die.

> Derrick and Lucia: Spam Miander with magic and get out of his attack range.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 09-03-2016

>Reapers: Heal Derrick and Lucia

>Lucia: soak Miander with water, as big a torrent as you can

>Derrick: get angry, no one harms your friends and gets away with it unscathed, electricity, aim it at miander's legs, try and paralyze him

>Everyone: with miander paralyzed, you should be able to attack from a distance while he's unable to reach you

(I knew this would happen, i freakin called it, we should have made that ira armor)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Princezz - 09-03-2016

...Alright, so after this, we should get Lucia to go down however many dream levels are needed to get Ira back.

EDIT: Wait, don't we need Ira to go to another dream level in the first place? Urgh, I don't know, just do something. Maybe Emily could do it like she did with Kalem?

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Fellow - 09-03-2016

>Derrick: Douse him some boiling water. Try to hit him from above.
>Any reaper: Heal derrick

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 09-03-2016

>Derrick: try to use rock powers to grab the monster's tail.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 09-03-2016

noo, not Ira T-T)
...sweet licorice pudding, too pure for this world ._.)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 09-03-2016

We should probably stop breaking up commands. It doesn't tend to go well.

>Derrick: Ask the reapers to heal you and Lucia, try and stop Miander's movements by putting Miander into a hole, and for gods sake BACK UP. You have ranged attacks while your opponent does not, take yourself out of Miander effective range. Aside from that, spread out and flank Miander so you can't all be attacked at once and so that you can attack from multiple directions at once preventing all of your attacks from being blocked. If anybody can't take a hit have them stay out of reach of Miander's attacks.

There wasn't any reason for Ira to die there. At all. I don't know how or why they interpreted "keep your distance" as "hit miander with a melee attack", but oh well. We have to spell it out for them.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 09-04-2016

Derrick: Ask the reapers to heal you and Lucia, try and stop Miander's movements by putting Miander into a hole, and for gods sake BACK UP. You have ranged attacks while your opponent does not, take yourself out of Miander effective range. Aside from that, spread out and flank Miander so you can't all be attacked at once and so that you can attack from multiple directions at once preventing all of your attacks from being blocked. If anybody can't take a hit have them stay out of reach of Miander's attacks

[Image: lYEXaRq.png]

You request assistance from some reapers. Ghen and Pechal fully heal you!

[Image: o71NUB8.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: bv9R4tC.png]

Emily equips AMICABLE ARTISAN set. This set grants Emily +1500hp as well as the set bonus: Colour splash! when Emily gets hit, enemies get soaked in paint (random colour), which depending on the colour causes a status effect (yellow = paralysis, red = burning, green = poison, blue = freeze)

Ghen equips TACTICAL SHOTGUN. This weapon can switch between pellet and slug bullets.

[Image: R9vP8J9.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: qtjuzKn.png]

You soak Miander for 50 damage!

[Image: wiZkVVi.png]

Itamie double taps Miander for collectively 105 damage!

[Image: weH0pQ6.png]

Ghen blasts Miander for 120 damage! Miander only received 20...

[Image: XSWShJR.png]

Lucia casts lightning down on Miander for 135 damage! Miander only received 35...

[Image: OdBCRgV.png]

Piper flies with a furious spin-tackle for... 0 damage!

[Image: N94AYOP.png]

Piper makes a return spin-tackle back for collectively 271 damage with added bonus from back-attack and critical strike!

[Image: OkFivlw.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1. Keep trying to convince Miander.
2. Finish him off.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 09-04-2016

> Emily: point out that if he already thinks there is nothing else worse than this, isn't a better option worth giving it a chance? He has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 09-04-2016

>1, but keep on the lookout for a sudden attack.

>Emily: You've shown that you are more than can be handled. You've proven that Miander's life is already at your mercy, and you are currently offering to give it to him. You can use that in your conversation. If you think it's a good idea, try listening to Miander and helping overcame some of his/her fears and worries. I'd suggest either offering Miander either exorcism, or the chance to help make Lomam a better place, depending on what you think. Aside from that, if Miander does not wish to cooperate your hands are tied up here.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 09-04-2016

(09-04-2016, 02:07 AM)Panur Wrote: »> Emily: point out that if he already thinks there is nothing else worse than this, isn't a better option worth giving it a chance? He has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Seconded.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - juddy555 - 09-04-2016

(09-04-2016, 03:50 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »
(09-04-2016, 02:07 AM)Panur Wrote: »> Emily: point out that if he already thinks there is nothing else worse than this, isn't a better option worth giving it a chance? He has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Seconded.

Third-ified

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Username - 09-04-2016

Fourthed.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - RoyalADK - 09-05-2016

(09-04-2016, 08:24 PM)Username Wrote: »

Fourthed.

Fifthed

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 09-05-2016

Emily: point out that if he already thinks there is nothing else worse than this, isn't a better option worth giving it a chance? He has nothing to lose and everything to gain

[Image: yzlnPDu.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 85ma9mS.png]

You rest your hand on Miander, you feel as though all the darkness that has covered him slowly begin to melt away.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: awuQExm.png]

[Image: CuqeFXb.png]

Miander has been exorcised!

1 EXQUISITE SOUL worth 30 souls is available! Who will you give it to?

1. Bambino
2. Piper
3. Reggie
4. Ira, when she returns

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 09-05-2016

>1

give it to the ferocious beast