Eagle Time
Void Girl [Oh god it's back] - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Void Girl [Oh god it's back] (/showthread.php?tid=2288)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Void Girl - ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ - 04-18-2017

actually, souls don't exist and neither does magic

RE: Void Girl - BreadProduct - 04-18-2017

>Let's go talk with Geri in private...

>What if ANTLER MAN can't leave and he is supposed to be here? This could be a trick to release some unspeakable evil on the MULTIVERSE!

RE: Void Girl - Arcanuse - 04-18-2017

>Sure. Why not.

RE: Void Girl - Schazer - 04-18-2017

So is this mana we've got under our chassis a collective thing, or are you gonna burn through a dozen discrete souls to do it?

I'm ok with the latter as long as, like, it's not me you're burning. I've got big plans for myself, y'know?

RE: Void Girl - btp - 04-18-2017

Go for it. We don't need it.

RE: Void Girl - BreadProduct - 04-18-2017

Oh my god am I the only one who wants to be cautious here? We don't know this stranger! Sure we don't know Geri either but at least she's cute. Are you really going to trust this stranger so quickly as to give it access to OUR mana?! All that's going to happen is that this mana starved beast is going to suck up all our magic juice. Say something cliche like "I have been reborn." And storm off leaving us in the void powerless or worse.

There's gotta be a parental lock or a security measure that prevents such exploitation from a non user.

RE: Void Girl - Schazer - 04-18-2017

Your mouth needs a parental lock Aw beans!

RE: Void Girl - Smurfton - 04-18-2017

(04-18-2017, 01:48 AM)BreadProduct Wrote: »>Let's go talk with Geri in private...
Is that even possible, though? Antlers heard us the first time we talked in what we thought was private.

Geri can't get us out of here, we can't get us out of here. We could attempt to take the hidden portal and risk getting rekt. If we do that, though, we don't get to signal Geri, and we will probably just get imprisoned or something

If you come up with an idea that isn't "say yes" for us to eventually leave, I'll second that, but I certainly don't have one.

RE: Void Girl - Myeth - 04-18-2017

(04-18-2017, 03:34 AM)BreadProduct Wrote: »Oh my god am I the only one who wants to be cautious here? We don't know this stranger! Sure we don't know Geri either but at least she's cute. Are you really going to trust this stranger so quickly as to give it access to OUR mana?! All that's going to happen is that this mana starved beast is going to suck up all our magic juice. Say something cliche like "I have been reborn." And storm off leaving us in the void powerless or worse.

There's gotta be a parental lock or a security measure that prevents such exploitation from a non user.

I agree with vegetal dude, can we put a mana limit? Like how you can limit data usage on your phone so no one shloop it all.

RE: Void Girl - infuriatingCrimson - 04-18-2017

>Hmm, is it possible we can have some sort of guarantee of safety? We don't even know who this guy is...Ugh, we honestly might not have a choice. We have to get out, since little miss adorable horns commanded us to help get her out...

>I guess we have to say, "Yes" to him. Curse you, BreadProduct for making us suspicious. Aw beans!

(Legit, I hope we don't regret this.)

RE: Void Girl - SneakyRobot - 04-19-2017

We must hear antlers' real name. In stories like this, you have power over somebody if you have their name. & if his name turns out to be something ominous sounding like Gorthograal than we'll just know he's a bad guy.

RE: Void Girl - Solekii - 04-19-2017

(04-19-2017, 02:17 AM)SneakyRobot Wrote: »We must hear antlers' real name. In stories like this, you have power over somebody if you have their name. & if his name turns out to be something ominous sounding like Gorthograal than we'll just know he's a bad guy.

There's an argument there, though. For example, some say Hades was one of the least messed up of all the gods but gets the worst rep.

Basically, whats in a name. Buut it may give us some insight if we could learn it.

RE: Void Girl - Schazer - 04-19-2017

This is completely unrelated to the argument at hand (sorry Tuesday) but SneakyRobot and Solekii's avatars in order called to me

SpoilerShow

RE: Void Girl - Tuesbirdy - 04-19-2017

Y'all got some good stuff going here!

Just a reminder that you can suggest dialogue for Geno if you want to address any other character directly. Geri can't take your commands or act on your strategies beyond the fourth wall, but Geno can try to influence her (and others) approach to things!

I'll give you the night to pick a course of action before updating. :)

RE: Void Girl - Smurfton - 04-19-2017

Let's ask Antlers first. "Is no even an option here?" Geri can respond too, if she wants.

RE: Void Girl - Myeth - 04-19-2017

"We're setting a mana limit, so don't try your shenanigans here, you little shit"

also Schazer that is pretty rad

RE: Void Girl - Justice Watch - 04-19-2017

"How much mana do you think creating a portal would need?" This question is addressed to both other parties present.

RE: Void Girl - BreadProduct - 04-19-2017

"I want Geri to make the portal"

RE: Void Girl - Tuesbirdy - 04-19-2017

SpoilerShow

Quote:> Ask Antlers if we can refuse
> Ask about mana requirement
[Image: 032.png?dl=0]

GENO
"Is 'no' even an option here?"

Your vocal synthesizers give the question a wonderful deadpan inflection. If Antlers takes your sarcasm to heart, it doesn't show. His rigid posture and features suggest a whole lot of nothing as he turns to you.

ANTLERS
"I can't force your hand, or sphere, as the case may be."
"You managed to penetrate the barrier once. I would not be so audacious as to claim you couldn't twice."

His tone is mild, but disingenuous, and Geri shifts awkwardly where she stands.

GERI
"Still, we'd really appreciate the help, granting it's safe and all. Wouldn't we, Geno?"

GENO
"How much mana do you think creating a portal would need?"

You swivel from Antlers to Geri and back again, suggesting you'd like both their input. Geri's quick to answer, as though she's been preparing for this question -- perhaps in the context of a test?

[Image: 036.png?dl=0]

GERI
"It depends on the distance between our current location and the target location, plus the caster's efficiency channeling mana, and how much the barriers of the 'to' and 'from' planes resist being torn a new one."

She takes a deep breath.

GERI
"If you're asking how much mana we'll need to get home from here, specifically, then... shrug?"
"We landed here by accident. If this place is off the grid with all this fancy security, I figure we'll probably need—"

ANTLERS
"Quite a bit."

Another smooth chuckle from Antlers.

ANTLERS
"Chronospatial magic is a complex art which few have the innate capacity to perform, and fewer have learned to perform through practice. That you tore your way into this plane by sheer chance is fascinating, girl, especially given that you're both unharmed."

GERI
"It's 'Geri'. And we're not completely unharmed? Geno's weirdly weak, my memories are all jumbled and patchy, and my wand..."
"Rest in pieces, wand."

She produces the remnants of her wand from her pockets for emphasis. Antlers' eyes narrow with interest.

ANTLERS
"I beg your pardon, Geri. That's a curious piece of work. May I?"

GERI
"Go ahead. Pick your teeth with it if you want. It used to be super pretty crystallized Worldtree sap, but it's worthless now."

[Image: 037.png?dl=0]

Antlers takes the wand's warped stem in his claws. He's quiet for a moment, turning it between his fingers. It seems somehow duller when Geri takes it back.

Quote:> Suggest Geri make the portal
GENO
"We want Geri to make the portal."

GERI
"I want some practice too, but you know I can't. Didn't you just see my wand?"

She looks hurt, as though you said something she hoped you wouldn't. Antlers interjects with a hint of curiosity:

ANTLERS
"Is that such an issue?"
"Chronospatial magic doesn't require the use of a focus."

GERI
"I know, I know. It's kind of a 'me' thing, but it's important. Sorry, but, um, I'd rather not talk about it with someone I just ran into."

ANTLERS
"Consider the topic unmentioned."

Quote:> Threaten mana limit

[Image: 038.png?dl=0]

GENO
"We're setting a mana limit if you borrow ours, so don't try your shenanigans here, you little shit."

GERI
"Geno! The nice deer man wants to help."

ANTLERS
"No, you're wise to be suspicious. Perhaps Geri should borrow some of mine instead? You might find a focus unnecessary in such dire times."

Geri seems hesitant.

GERI
"It's you or him who's the mana bank, I guess! I mean, I can try if you aren't comfortable being handled by someone else. It'd be pretty rude of me to force you into it since we, like, just met."

RE: Void Girl - typeandkey - 04-19-2017

>It would be best if Geri tries to make the portal. She needs the practice, and it would be useful for us to see what she can do. For non-malevolent purposes, mind you.

*evil maniacal laughter that provokes uncomfortable stares and silence* -ahem.

RE: Void Girl - ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ - 04-20-2017

both us and antlers contribute to geri's spirit bomb

RE: Void Girl - btp - 04-20-2017

You can do it Geri! Crack that portal open! I know you can do it!

SpoilerShow

RE: Void Girl - BreadProduct - 04-20-2017

I wonder what other applications we have stored in this thing? Think there is a wand emulator?

RE: Void Girl - SC - 04-20-2017

> Can we control where we come out? What's to say we don't pop out in the worst place at the worst possible moment?!

RE: Void Girl - Smurfton - 04-20-2017

Tuesday, you're already updating frequently. You know that, right?