Eagle Time
Lucidstuck I - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Adventures and Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Lucidstuck I (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Fellow - 06-03-2016

(06-03-2016, 02:48 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Derrick: Yep. Dream. Grab the blanket and the cups of orange juice, then calmly go to your room via the Old Fort.
The old fort is in the pantry, past the sword.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ICan'tGiveCredit - 06-03-2016

> wield it. u are a shinigami. hell you even dress like one

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 06-03-2016

(06-03-2016, 03:08 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(06-03-2016, 02:48 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Derrick: Yep. Dream. Grab the blanket and the cups of orange juice, then calmly go to your room via the Old Fort.
The old fort is in the pantry, past the sword.

It... may very well be. Gonna scratch that command because of the sudden realization that I have no idea where things are in Derrick's house atm. I still want to make an orange juice water gun and take the blanket though. I'd also like to avoid contact until the odds are swayed in our favor a bit more.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 06-03-2016

I vote we capture this guy and rename him Honedge.

On a more serious note Derrick should try to remain hidden but have his gun ready and be prepared to call for backup if he can't. If Reggie comes we can asses the situation better and decide what to do from there.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - lovelypenguin - 06-03-2016

>Derrick: "Boo!"

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 06-03-2016

Derrick: "Boo!"

[Image: lwiSNCx.png]

Show ChatlogShow

It appears your call went unheard. You imagine Reggie and Bambino in your mind's eye. You see them scurry out of the Night fort.

[Image: NnwxOyY.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: vSSAkEZ.png]

Show ChatlogShow

Derrick is slashed for 79 damage! The next hit will kill him, leading to a dead end!

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Princezz - 06-03-2016

Oh no!!!! What do we do now???!!!

>Hide somewhere?

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 06-03-2016

Damn, i knew we should have played it cool :(
For now, only one way out of this...

>Derrick: Throw the blanket over the sword then youth-roll away from that thing's range and abscond to your room!

Could we channel fear to intimidate our way out of here? WE could make Derrick aware that if he dies here he's screwed and that might give him the strength to scare this guy into non-hostility.

Right now here's what I'm thinking.

1: Throw the blanket over him disorient or blind him
2: Then have Derrick exit through the door behind him, or try and get past "SS" (for lack of a better name) and get closer to backup.
3: Use the running to either talk him down, or take advantage of Derrick's rifle and turn it into a running fight, with Bambino and Reggie acting as ambushers.

Option 3 then splits into 2 forks.

We could either take the running fight to the door trap and take care of him that way, or we can head for Derrick's room for safety, and make it into the forts.

What are your thoughts?

Edit: Forgot to list some talking points for Derrick
SpoilerShow

(06-03-2016, 08:59 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »Right now here's what I'm thinking.

1: Throw the blanket over him disorient or blind him
2: Then have Derrick exit through the door behind him, or try and get past "SS" (for lack of a better name) and get closer to backup.
3: Use the running to either talk him down, or take advantage of Derrick's rifle and turn it into a running fight, with Bambino and Reggie acting as ambushers.

Option 3 then splits into 2 forks.

We could either take the running fight to the door trap and take care of him that way, or we can head for Derrick's room for safety, and make it into the forts.

What are your thoughts?

Seconding and thanks for the initial idea of throwing the blanket which i included in my command there MA ^^

But we should retreat for now. Derrick is hurting too bad.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ForestGardener - 06-03-2016

>Derrick: While absconding, yell that there IS another way out! One that does NOT involve killing OR being killed!

Yes, he was there for that.

Edit: The blanket would normally be a good idea. But it's right under the sword, and in a bad place for grabbing as Derrick runs past.

Doesn't Mind's End require being in a tight spot with no apparent options, and his other ability a maxed out fear meter?

Oh, and the pantry (and Old Fort) is through the kitchen, which I think is behind him is down the hall past the sword. Is it the front door behind him? E4: Yes it is.

(06-03-2016, 09:05 PM)ForestGardener Wrote: »>Derrick: While absconding, yell that there IS another way out! One that does NOT involve killing OR being killed!

Edit: The blanket would normally be a good idea. But it's right under the sword, and in a bad place for grabbing as Derrick runs past.

Doesn't Mind's End require being in a tight spot with no apparent options, and his other ability a maxed out fear meter?

Oh, and the pantry (and Old Fort) is through the kitchen, which I think is behind him.

i appreciate the enthusiasm, but... do we really want the sword-guy following us while Derrick is this close to death?

If MA's blanket idea works, it would leave SS guessing "which way did he go?"

Soo, i guess i feel the need to add...

>Derrick: Keep quiet and make a clean getaway.

(06-03-2016, 09:05 PM)ForestGardener Wrote: »>Derrick: While absconding, yell that there IS another way out! One that does NOT involve killing OR being killed!

Oh, and the pantry (and Old Fort) is through the kitchen, which I think is behind him.

Yes they do. I figure we could jack up his fear by pointing out if he dies here he's fucked.

iP said my idea would work in IRC. Soooooo

>Derrick: Throw the blanket over him to blind and/or disorient him, then use that opportunity to abscond. If he gives chase try and talk him down while running, assuage his fears and concerns that this land can only be cruel and that possessing you is the only way out. Don't let yourself get into a situation where he could kill you though.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ForestGardener - 06-03-2016

(06-03-2016, 09:43 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »iP said my idea would work in IRC. Soooooo

>Derrick: Throw the blanket over him to blind and/or disorient him, then use that opportunity to abscond. If he gives chase try and talk him down while running, assuage his fears and concerns that this land can only be cruel and that possessing you is the only way out. Don't let yourself get into a situation where he could kill you though.

Ok, let's go with that then.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 06-03-2016

Derrick: While absconding, yell that there IS another way out! One that does NOT involve killing OR being killed!

[Image: WCgkaBX.png]

You toss the blanket at the sword to create disorientation, it rests on something unknown to you.

[Image: zY7CKuw.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: owukt7K.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 2vio53J.png]

Show ChatlogShow

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 06-03-2016

>Derrick: Ask Reggie to check it out while you equip your gear

(06-03-2016, 10:45 PM)Panur Wrote: »>Derrick: Ask Reggie to check it out while you equip your gear

Seconding. I'm willing to bet we'll be able to make some cool poison gear with it. My vote is a dart gun.

Speaking of poisonous weaponry you guys think we could arm Emily with some gear designed to paralyze/knockout/disorient foes so she has a non-lethal (I.E. Something she'd probably be more comfortable with) way of defending herself?

>Reggie: Maybe you should take a Sneak Peek at that crystal, for Derrick's benefit.

>Derrick: Put your armor on, and ask Mephita how she's feeling. If she's not liking the mask maybe you could try to alter it for her?

Alright guys, my plan for this dream is to NOT explore. The incident with SS goes to show that we REALLY need to reinforce the house and get better prepared. So as a general idea I'd like to do just that this dream, and not go exploring.

I think SS can be recruited as well, which should help secure the house. I asked iP in the IRC if having Mephita help recruit him would be a good idea and he said yes, so I'd like to go down that path a bit before doing other things. If things don't work out then we'll be able to manage better if we're armed and have backup anyways. Maybe we should give Mephita a weak ranged weapon too, just in case? I'll let you guys decide the details of that last one....

Afterwards, I was thinking we should meet up with Lucia, have Derrick and her go down to level 13-14 and give them a list of stuff to make. There's also some stuff we need to have them do, like have Derrick tell Lucia he saw her in the hospital. If Reggie tells him that he needs to kiss Lucia then we can give her that news as well, which should be a big plus for Lucia's mood as well.

Then we can have them train themselves offscreen and we can go help out somebody else. Maybe hang out with the reaper kids or something, could be fun.

After that we check back in on Derrick and Lucia, who by then should have had days of training, and have them come back and reinforce the house a bit.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Ferociousfeind - 06-03-2016

(06-03-2016, 10:45 PM)Panur Wrote: »>Derrick: Ask Reggie to check it out while you equip your gear

thirding.
I'm bad with the whole "add my two cents to the situation" unless I can tell we're not doing it the right way, but I can't think of any way this would end badly.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ICan'tGiveCredit - 06-03-2016

just draw up more cylinders. replace it every time a crystal forms

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - juddy555 - 06-03-2016

>Don ye clothing, child, and adorn thyself with armaments and accessories of such great POWER.
>Ask Mephita if she minds you checking the crystal, no need to be rude after all.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 06-04-2016

Let's get the important thing out of the way.

>Reggie: Inform Derrick about Lucia's situation, he needs to kiss her on the waking world to wake her from her coma.

For those of you that don't hang around on the IRC, ip dropped some intel, that crystal is kind of radioactive, to handle it we'll need some sort or pincers, or someone immune to poison. it's also explosive, wathever we make with it will be one time use only, it'll explode and release a cloud of poison gas, this includes equipment, so yes, if you make a shirt out of this you'll be making a suicide vest.

If the crystal isn't taken care of it might release gasses again, if we craft something out of it it'll be fine though.

also, changing mephitas's poison containers before they fill completely will give us poison canisters we could use to craft actual poison gear.

DO NOT HAVE IRA SHADOW SHAPE THE CRISTAL, it will cause a deadly black hole.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Ferociousfeind - 06-04-2016

(06-04-2016, 01:22 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »Let's get the important thing out of the way.

>Reggie: Inform Derrick about Lucia's situation, he needs to kiss her on the waking world to wake her from her coma.

For those of you that don't hang around on the IRC, ip dropped some intel, that crystal is kind of radioactive, to handle it we'll need some sort or pincers, or someone immune to poison. it's also explosive, wathever we make with it will be one time use only, it'll explode and release a cloud of poison gas, this includes equipment, so yes, if you make a shirt out of this you'll be making a suicide vest.

If the crystal isn't taken care of it might release gasses again, if we craft something out of it it'll be fine though.

also, changing mephitas's poison containers before they fill completely will give us poison canisters we could use to craft actual poison gear.

DO NOT HAVE IRA SHADOW SHAPE THE CRISTAL, it will cause a deadly black hole.
changing my vote to
>Ira: use that crystal as your new weapon!
<black hole: form within the construct
<[s] construct: collapse
<game: end
:notsureifmspa: