Eagle Time
The Grand Battle [Game Over!] - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Grand Battles (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: The Grand Battle [Game Over!] (/showthread.php?tid=686)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Re: The Grand Battle [Game on!] - Aryogaton - 07-12-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by Aryogaton.

dexexe1234 Wrote:F*CK! i was writing this and the dragon reserves! ill put this away untill you have posted!
Quote:Don't call me "Dragon".
[img]images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Re: The Grand Battle [Game on!] - Dragon Fogel - 07-12-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

dexexe1234 Wrote:F*CK! i was writing this and the dragon reserves! ill put this away untill you have posted!
Don't worry, mine probably won't affect yours very much.

Aryogaton Wrote:
Quote:Don't call me "Dragon".
[img]images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/img]
I learned a long time ago not to expect much from that line.

Re: The Grand Battle [Game on!] - GBCE - 07-12-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by fait.

Alcarith walks around, frequently keeping an eye out on others should they approach her as she walks. She looks around and occasionally touches one of the blades of grass.

"It's a shame this place will soon be tainted by the heat of battle and the death of someone," she said aloud to herself. She takes out her Burgund Shard Pistol and has it ready. "I don't plan on being the one dying here nor in any other place I go to."

Eximo continued to vacuum the hallway, still on alert for potential interference.

A handful of skeletal spiders crawled in through the wreckage of the bedroom door. Detecting them, the demonic vacuum changed course and sucked them all up. The force was strong enough to crush them to bits before they reached the inside.

"Vermin exterminated. Cleansing shall continue."

Aeon heard a voice.

"A female. I can't tell who exactly it is, though. She is farther away from me than the house, and farther than the house than I am."

Aeon continued, circling the mansion away from the voice. He kept low and attempted to minimize the amount of noise possible.

"This grass provides enough cover for now. As does the noise of the people in the house."

Alcarith approaches the lone house. She contemplates going inside. She sits on the front porch and swirls ethereal energy around herself for protection.

"I wonder if there's someone I could trust while we all fight for our lives?" Alcarith thought to herself. "I know they'll end up dead at some point even if I have to kill him or her myself, but...I'm not going to get through this by myself. There are too many hurtles that can't be jumped alone."

Re: The Grand Battle [Game on!] - Robust Laser - 07-12-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

These short posts are good for now, but I do hope that once things really get rolling, longer posts start happening. Anyway, it's going well.

Originally posted on MSPA by OddGuy.

Nathan went up to the house, passing by the woman on the porch. It wasn't so much that she was unapproachable, but more so that Nathan didn't really feel like talking after his short conversation with the Necromancer. Actually, he never really seemed to feel like talking ever. He contemplated this flaw in his personality as he stood before the door.

After entering the house, he noticed the spectral vaccum was crushing spiders as it documented the process. Making sure to steer clear of the demonic machine, he went into a door that led to a kitchen, fairly uninteresting, really.

Alcarith eyed the passerby.

"Perhaps he's trustworthy enough." Alcarith said quietly. He dispelled the ethereal energy and walked inside. She saw the vacuum cleaner, showed no interest in it, and headed into the kitchen, where she runs into Nathan.

"Hey, would you mind asking me what's up?" Alcarith asked Nathan.

"Not sure," Nathan responded. "I'm as confused as you are."

Alcarith said nothing in response.

"Stay away from the Necromancer, whatever his name is." Nathan said with warning.

"I'm trying to stay away from everybody, but this 'tournament' might be a better idea if we can agree to help each other out until the end," Alcarith spoke up.

"Maybe...You're better than nobody, but I have my eye on you."

"You have every right to be wary. Especially if we keep our opponents too close together."

"Lifeforms approaching. Objective may be compromised. A warning is in order."

Eximo paused in its cleaning and turned to its opponents, although it likely did not recognize them as such.

"Attention lifeforms! Do not interfere with the cleansing! Failure to comply will result in termination. Thank you, and have a nice day. Hail Konka Rar!"

The vacuum turned around and resumed cleaning the hallway. Nathan and Alcarith stared at each other.

"So... I'm not entirely sure I want to ask this question," Nathan began. "But, well... do you think we should try attacking the vacuum cleaner?"

Originally posted on MSPA by PawntoD4.

Emily glanced around at her fellow "contestants". As far as she could tell they had all been pulled here by some sick force. Most of them were demonic in someway.
Her gaze mainly stayed on the one called Lutherion. He was without question the most disgusting. Owing no small part to the fact that he was probably once human.
It was unfortunate that she was not a fighter. If only her priestess was here.
She looked at the boy called Nathan and followed him into the house. He did not appear demonic. Maybe he could help her erradicate these things. "Hello," she said," What do you think of that Lutherion thing?"
"He's creepy for sure. I'd suggest you stay away from him."
"Good to know you and I share opinions. Would you mind helping me destroy him?" Her words were devoid of most emotion. There was no joy for her in the idea of killing. It was merely her duty.

Originally posted on MSPA by OddGuy.

"Erm. Well. Currently, I'm not sure whether I should be working on dismantling this... vacuum? I think it's a vacuum. Anyways, I'm not even sure whether or not I should do that, considering how I can really use this knife here. I feel like if I do, some eldritch horror will slowly consume my soul or something along those lines." Nathan explained, taking a short breath afterward.

"... I see. I suppose I'll find some way to cleanse that filth off the face of the earth myself, then." Emily replied.

"What is an old human female doing in this realm?" Alcarith asked, astonished. "You must be able to do something if they brought you here."

"I am a healer and this shield is my main form of protection," Emily said. "You speak as if you yourself aren't human. You look like I could be your mother."

"I am a dragoness. I don't take my draconic form very often, however. So that dragons would leave me alone, I took a human form so I could live among the humans. Unfortunately, I'm the daughter of a dragonlord and an important dragon like myself isn't very hard to track down. Nonetheless, I prefer the company of humans over my own kin. I do miss my father, though. I'm sure you could relate to him in a few ways. Just like you have human wisdom to pass on to the younger humans, so my father has wisdom to pass on to younger dragons."

"Ah yes, dragons. They get very old and can become very powerful without much honing of their powers. How they channel their powers is up to them in their long life of discovery or tyranny. Demons are much like you, but they are far less trusthworthy and conniving. Dragons, on the other hand, are much more free-willed. It seems like you come from a friendlier line of dragons."

"You know about dragons? Where have you learned about them?"

"Dragons exist in my world. To an ordinary person, dragons are horrific monsters. But upon further examination, they are an oppressed but proud people and it's their pride that makes them wary of humans and the other organized races. The dragons in my world are organized themselves, but the humans don't know that. Long story short, I've been able to study dragonkind."

"Well, perhaps my kin are different from the dragons in your realm. I don't believe you come from my realm."

"Most likely. Take a small region and the people at one end are different in at least a few ways from the people at the other."

Emily smiled at the dragoness. It wasn't really fair was it? Alcarith would probably far outlive her if she were anything like the dragons from her realm.
She was far different from them though. She never heard of a dragon taking human form. Not even among the dragons in her order. They were all large and lizardlike.
This tournament really had sparred worlds, maybe even universes for all she knew.
She put her hand on the young girls shoulder. "I wish you luck in this twisted game." She was fairly sure that the girl had detected the anti-curse enchantment judging by her smile.

She turned back to the boy and examined him further. She could sense a faint demonic energy, but the boy was undoubtedly human.
Perhaps he was carrying a memento from his father.
"Young man. What is this demonic presence I sense around you?"
The boy looked up. "It's just a keepsake of my dads." He sort of mumbled as he spoke. He obviously was not in the mood for talking.
"I don't reccomend you hold to tightly to it boy. Nothing aquainted with demons can be good. Trust me."

Originally posted on MSPA by dexexe1234.

Lutherion stops again. He then looks out into the field: "something smells like bacon!... and bats!,,, an- what the?! WHO DESTROYED MY SPIDERS!!! I KNOW WHO IT WAS!" he starts grinning again and begins to run into the grass fields, away from Amethyst.
He then stops infront of a young girl and an old woman. the old woman looks a little shocked, and then says: "Dont come near me you twisted un-living being!" Lutherion answered: "i wasnt look at you, lady that smells like bacon! no, i was looking at the young girl here! She looks like she have something to hide! i Wonder what..."
Luther bends his neck backwards into an unnatural placing, and starts laughing. "now, why did you kill my spiders little miss?" the girl replayed: "wh-what!? i haven't even been NEAR you!" Lutherion then stops everything he was doing. He just stands there looking at her. suddenly the old woman breaks in: "If you don't leave i will break you apart! You cursed body of flesh and bone!"
"sheesh lady! you're a pissy one! no wonder you smell like bacon!" Lutherion begins to wander off, and runs over to Amethyst again.
"LIsten, Amethyst was it? i KNOW that we have nothing in common! But look at you! You look like an angel, and i look like i was sat upon, by a titan! But! maybe we can work out a little... Peace deal! You see, i think the others in this area wants to kill me off first, and because of this, i dont want to be just mauled to death!
Amethyst thinks alittle, turns around and looks at Luther, then says: "Lutherion, i would NEVER help you in any way! You are a sick and twisted being, you shouldn't even exist! Now go away from me!" Luther begins to walk closer to Amethyst and replies: "Oh come o-" "ROCK BIND!!" Luther falls to the ground, his one foot stuck in the rocks, and hits his head while laying there.
Amethyst: "What is wrong with this... this... THING?! hes so twisted!" she comes up to the house, and walks in, noticing the vacuum and goes: "v-vacuum cleaner?! what?"
Luther lies outside, and thinks: "hmmm... well, lets look at the cituation, im lying on the ground, and my spiders are gone. theres a crazy old lady who smells like bacon, and a young girl by her" Luther licks his lips and continues: "theres a guy WAY over there, just hiding in grass and using the darkness to not be seen, of course, my nightsight is normal to a freak like me! oh! oh! i want cookies! haehhahahahehehah! HAHEHAHHAEHAHAHAHAA!!!" Luther just lies there, looking in the direction of aeon.
aeon: "why is that wicked necromancer looking at me? has he spotted me? this is not good!"

Emily turned and looked at the new girl who had entered the house.
Her strange hair color was reminicsent of a demon from Emily's world, or rather from the demon world she knew of. Not to mention the strange power Emily could sense from hr that she could not trace the origins of.
She would no doubt have to be careful around this girl. After all, thanks to the strange effects of this tournament, she couldn't be positive that the girl was a demon.
"Young woman," she said watching the girl carefully," Are you a demon perchance?"
The girl looked back at her and calmly answered, "No I'm not."
This was not surprising of course. After all she could not trust the girls word. However she had to at least try.

Originally posted on MSPA by andanotherone.

why wasn't i picked? [img]images/smilies/icon_sadder.gif[/img]

"This chamber has been sufficiently cleansed. Proceeding to next location."

Eximo turned towards the kitchen.

"Number of lifeforms has increased. Unacceptable."

The vacuum suddenly made a loud noise, drawing the attention of the others.

"Attention, lifeforms! This chamber is to be cleansed! Please leave until the cleansing is complete! Failure to comply will be met with termination! Thank you, and have a nice day! Hail Konka Rar!"

Emily glared at the device and considered what to do. While it was clearly demonic, and would have to be destroyed, right now it only seemed to be concerned with cleaning. Perhaps it could wait until the abominable Lutherion was dealt with - he was obviously the worst of the demons here.

As if on cue, he suddenly exploded with rage.

"You! It was you!" Lutherion shook his fist in anger, glowering at the vacuum with his single eye. "You destroyed my spiders! You'll pay for that, hahaheeha!"

"I should have expected this. After all, such a being must be well-accustomed to the night. This means he likely has an advantage here.

Thankfully, he seems to have ignored me, and taken interest in the vacuum cleaner. I wonder why. I'll have to keep this in mind when I meet him.

I am at a disadvantage here, though. While I am sitting here waiting to be attacked, my opponents are likely forming alliances and learning each other's abilities. Yet, if I approach, they may see it as a sign of aggression.

I currently have seven opponents. Six of them are inside the house, so that leaves a single unknown... it's the ghost. Great, I have no idea where the ghost is, and everyone else is in the house.

I best make my way towards the house as well, then."

Aeon approaches the house, towards the back door. He turns the knob and pushes the door in, but stays clear of the doorway. He uses the reflective handle of his adaptive tool and deems the hallway clear. He enters with caution.

Re: The Grand Battle [Game on!] - g0m - 07-12-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by g0m.

I just wanted to say, no hard feelings about kicking me!
On an unrelated note, read this.

Originally posted on MSPA by almost-there.

Dokuromets woke with a start. "Where oh where are my legions of fans? I was sure they would be here! This is my first round, after all!" His cautious eyes then caught sight at the hole in the wall. "Bah! Whosoever made this gaping hole clearly has no taste in the fine arts of demolition! I shall correct this horrible mistake!" And with that, he wedged his spectral hands deep into the wall, and with a hard yank, the entire building almost fell. "Now that is a work of destruction! But what's this?" He had spied the undead vaccum, scuttling about on the floor. "Why, you poor little thing! Acting like you actually matter! These infernal contraptions, always thinking that they can make a difference. Well, then, I shall teach it a lesson in humility!" The machine was almost done cleaning the room, but Dokuromets had other plans. He reached his hands inside of the busy contraption, and yanked out each and every bit of it's cargo. "I hope you like cleaning!" He said with a grin, and he threw the entirety of the dust and dirt all about. "Good bye, my little friend!" he said with a grin, as he marched into the next room, totally ignoring the doors.

Aeon heard a loud rumble, then the sound of falling bricks.

"What now? As soon as I enter this house the entire place starts to fall apart...

Maybe I should just stay here, in case there's a fight going on elsewhere."

Re: The Grand Battle [Game on!] - btp - 07-12-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by bobthepen.

SpoilerShow

Originally posted on MSPA by Draykon.

Dokuromets drifted on arrogantly, when he suddenly felt a strange chill. He turned to see what appeared to be several large black icicles floating around him.
"I wish you wouldn't pick on the poor thing like that."
The phantom turned to see Amethyst, her right arm up, several intricate magical symbols floating around her bracelet.
"What's this now? Come for my autograph little girl?"
"Shut up."
The black icicles all at once flew directly towards Dokuromets. They collided, sticking together in a kind of giant snowflake, the center being right on the Knight's stomache. Dokuromets floated intangibly, simply looking confused.
"Whaa? You're actually wanting to FIGHT me?"

Amethysts' black eyes narrowed, a look more of frustration than of anger.
"If we're to go through with this tournament as its designers intended, the best strategy is to eliminate the most skilled fighters early on. If you're so arrogant as it waltz right in like that, you should be a prime target"
The icicles all separated, each moving to its designated place in the room, forming a kind of grid structure, each icicle uniformly distant from its neighbors.
"Influence nodes established, set up direct electromagnetic level control."
More intricate patterns and symbols were emitted from the bracelet.
"Thunder Network, GO!"
In a cyan flash, the room was filled with lightning. Bolts shot from icicle to icicle, forming a complicated geometric pattern, one by one, the bolts launched themselves towards Dokuromets.

SpoilerShow

Emily held her shield up to protect the Nathan and Alcarith as best as she could. The demon girl and the phantom had begun fighting.
In a way this was good for her, because she wouldn't have to deals with them yet. However it was becoming increasingly clear how powerful these thing were. She had no idea how she could possibly defeat them.
In order to minimalize the damage done to the house, she used some of her power to create a bubble around the fighters.