Eagle Time
Lucidstuck I - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Adventures and Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Lucidstuck I (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 05-27-2016

Looks like Garry found a way of putting what I said before in a less paranoid manner. Nice.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ForestGardener - 05-27-2016

Thank you, Garry. Thank you, intrepidPioneer. Thank you very much for getting that through to Derrick.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Shadowfyst997 - 05-27-2016

Heh, leave it to Garry XD The Advisor sure knows how to Advise :P

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Ferociousfeind - 05-28-2016

(05-27-2016, 08:33 PM)Shadowfyst997 Wrote: »Heh, leave it to Garry XD The Advisor sure knows how to Advise :P

Remember the last time we ignored the Advisor? Derrick got brutally murdered.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 05-28-2016

some pics for a joke over at my tumblr : P

[Image: hahaha_zpsxk0gmsfr.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: SOLVED_zpsoa4tysdp.png]

Show ChatlogShow

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Shadowfyst997 - 05-28-2016

(05-28-2016, 03:52 AM)Ferociousfeind Wrote: »
(05-27-2016, 08:33 PM)Shadowfyst997 Wrote: »Heh, leave it to Garry XD The Advisor sure knows how to Advise :P

Remember the last time we ignored the Advisor? Derrick got brutally murdered.

Exactly my point :D

Also holy shit Pan, all of my yes's. I'll even steal some yes's from other people so I can give more then my share of yes's. So much yes. ALL the yes.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 05-28-2016

(05-28-2016, 04:29 AM)Panur Wrote: »some pics for a joke over at my tumblr : P
SpoilerShow

Then Derrick contracted diabetes on the spot and died ...RIP Derrick, we hardly knew ye xD

This is an awesome pic ther Panur, and i wholeheartedly support Alucia ^^

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ActivelyAnonymous - 05-29-2016

I did a lot of ink.

Recording of the process.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Shadowfyst997 - 05-30-2016

(05-29-2016, 11:38 PM)ActivelyAnonymous Wrote: »I did a lot of ink.

Recording of the process.

Those look great, AA :3 I especially love the Bambino and Skully ones!

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - adashofpepper - 05-30-2016

Alright, longtime lurker here, coming in to give my opinion on the the whole Alice thing.

I think we definitely should confront her, for several reasons.

1. She needs to know that her actions have consequences

Alice needs to realize the bad thing she did not go unobserved, and that similar actions in the future will also not be overlooked. Alice is spoiled, we need to be a source of authority for her, as we are sortof the only ones that can.

2. We need to break the cycle

Someone mentioned this before I think, so Im kinda borrowing from them, but its true. This situation has happened thousands of times, and it never turns out well. We need to do something to disrupt events, make things go a different way than normal.

3.Our current path is boring.

ok, we've been given possibly the most direct way to affect the story in any work ever, and all we've done with the opportunity is to give various exposition dumps. We need to do something interesting! Let "the outsiders" be their (are?) own character, with goals and feelings beyond a sort of vague cheeriness. I know plenty of people were upset about the reveal of Alice's actions, so let it show!

So therefore, to Alice, next time we're out of this art-style that sort of ambiguously changes the ways in which we have control over the comic:

"Are you happy with the choices you have made?"

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 05-30-2016

(05-30-2016, 03:07 PM)adashofpepper Wrote: »Alright, longtime lurker here, coming in to give my opinion on the the whole Alice thing.

Alice needs to realize the bad thing she did not go unobserved, and that similar actions in the future will also not be overlooked. Alice is spoiled, we need to be a source of authority for her, as we are sortof the only ones that can.

Someone mentioned this before I think, so Im kinda borrowing from them, but its true. This situation has happened thousands of times, and it never turns out well. We need to do something to disrupt events, make things go a different way than normal.

ok, we've been given possibly the most direct way to affect the story in any work ever, and all we've done with the opportunity is to give various exposition dumps. We need to do something interesting! Let "the outsiders" be their (are?) own character, with goals and feelings beyond a sort of vague cheeriness. I know plenty of people were upset about the reveal of Alice's actions, so let it show!

So therefore, to Alice, next time we're out of this art-style that sort of ambiguously changes the ways in which we have control over the comic:

This whole situation sure shook up the whole fanbase, this must be dealt with delicately, I believe that confronting alice too soon will have negative consecuences, either derrick finds out and he snaps, lucia finds out and tries to kill alice, or alice will start ignoring our commands completely.

I believe patience is key, we'll get a chance to show alice the full weight of the consecuences of her sins soon.

Also, I think convincing this particular alice that what she did was wrong is gonna be hard as hell, it took daydream around 8,799 or so construct iterations for her to finally stop raping derrick, and this is alice right after the crime.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 05-30-2016

(05-30-2016, 03:51 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »
(05-30-2016, 03:07 PM)adashofpepper Wrote: »Alright, longtime lurker here, coming in to give my opinion on the the whole Alice thing.

This whole situation sure shook up the whole fanbase, this must be dealt with delicately, I believe that confronting alice too soon will have negative consecuences, either derrick finds out and he snaps, lucia finds out and tries to kill alice, or alice will start ignoring our commands completely.

I believe patience is key, we'll get a chance to show alice the full weight of the consecuences of her sins soon.

Yeah...especially when we have bigger, more immediate fish to fry (waking lucia up) and we LITERALLY just got told by Garry that Derrick may act out in anger pretty badly.

again, this is not saying not to address this issue, just to wait for a better moment.

(05-30-2016, 04:15 PM)Panur Wrote: »
(05-30-2016, 03:51 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »

Yeah...especially when we have bigger, more immediate fish to fry (waking lucia up) and we LITERALLY just got told by Garry that Derrick may act out in anger pretty badly.

again, this is not saying not to address this issue, just to wait for a better moment.

I'm not saying we should tell derrick, or confront her with a person. Just stop by for a little chat and make sure she understands that her actions have and will not go unnoticed.

And lets be real, Alice never listened to us in the first place. She doesn't respect us. We need to establish that we have something to hold over her, make her stop and think, or she will continue on the same path that she always does.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Fellow - 05-30-2016

-snip-

If you've ever met a spoiled brat, you know they won't just obey the moment you try to correct them. Spoiled brats throw tantrums, and the one we're dealing with could throw a tantrum with a meat cleaver. That's not something we want to have happen, weither or not it's happened before. Derrick didn't get possesed in any of the cycles either and we'd also like to keep that the same.

We don't have anything to gain out of causing this conflict, and it won't make the story more intresting if we make a bad descision just for the sake of it.

I'd also argue that Bob has no personality, as they're completely dependent on the reader's whims. We should leave plot advancement to the kids.

Edit:
(05-30-2016, 04:23 PM)adashofpepper Wrote: »And lets be real, Alice never listened to us in the first place. She doesn't respect us. We need to establish that we have something to hold over her, make her stop and think, or she will continue on the same path that she always does.
We don't have anything to hold over her though. Or do you think we could somehow leverage our knowledge of the rape for anything at all?

This thread is getting pretty long, and I don't know how to do your fancy snip thing, so I'll just assume yall know what I'm talking about :P

what we can gain from a conversation with Alice:

1. A better understanding of her motives.

This is key I think. we don't know what she even wants with Derrick. is she going for a committed consensual relationship? If so, how does she plan on achieving this? Even in general, we have so much less infor on her tahn any of the other kids, witch makes it hard for us to keep her alive.

2. Some level of control over her.

We can certainty leverage the info that we have. she doesn't want anybody to know, we can let other people know. We wouldn't actually tell Derick or anyone really, but she doesn't know that.

3. We might actually make her feel guilty.

We've seen that Daydream, given the amount of reflection time that she got, realized what she did is wrong. We might be able to do the same.

There are risks to doing this howhever. She might, as some of you have mentioned, throw a tantrum and go try and kill people. But than again, she might do that anyway. We already know that the way things are going, she'll end up in a lethal encounter with Lucia. (IIRC) Even if we trigger her now, we'll know about the danger, and have time to warn people as well as to dispatch reinforcements.

So yeah. I still something I think we should do. Some of it is personal opinion however, like how much we want to let "the outsiders" (Bob? us? The aliens? This is confusing) be their own character. I'm personally pretty far on the "as much as we can side" but I understand why others disagree.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Fellow - 05-30-2016

(05-30-2016, 05:29 PM)adashofpepper Wrote: »This thread is getting pretty long, and I don't know how to do your fancy snip thing, so I'll just assume yall know what I'm talking about :P
Okay. Quotes are made by putting a bunch of text of a post between a pair of quote tags. When you quote a post, all the text in it is put between a pair of appropriate tags, but you can edit what's in there in case you, say, only want to quote part of a post. And if you want to indicate that there was more text in the post than what you're quoting, you can replace the parts you removed by a fancy -snip-

As for your points:

1. If we want a better understanding of Alice, we can get that through Daydream. DD's less likely to snap at us, both through trying to harm the kids and through simply refusing to tel us. Plus, if Alice doesn't know we know, she'll be at a disadvantage.

2. I don't think we could convince Derrick that this happened. We are just a voice in people's heads. People have no reason to trust us, especially when we say bad things about other kids since they're getting to know more about lil mal. Daydream told Emily that Derrick wouldn't believe her and Alice likely thinks the same thing.

3. This is a different situation. For one, Daydream confessed to Emily: DD was already feeling guilty when she was willing to listen to Emily's response. For another, Emily is more convincing than us, as she doesn't speak in bursts of several voices that sometimes disagree with eachother.

(05-30-2016, 05:29 PM)adashofpepper Wrote: »There are risks to doing this howhever. She might, as some of you have mentioned, throw a tantrum and go try and kill people. But than again, she might do that anyway. We already know that the way things are going, she'll end up in a lethal encounter with Lucia. (IIRC) Even if we trigger her now, we'll know about the danger, and have time to warn people as well as to dispatch reinforcements.

If Alice is going to flip out, we want that to happen later rather than sooner. Even if we could deal with it without losing any kids or the like, we'd still be spending time we could use to have the kids hang out, prepare for Lucia waking up, and deal with boss monsters before Alice gets her grubby fingers on their souls.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 05-30-2016

I said it before, but Alice already said she would be cooperative with us the next time we gave her something to do. We just haven't talked to her at all since then.

As for making Alice aware of the consequences of her actions... who cares? She's not going to exist past the end of this. Daydream is real, but Alice is just a creation of hers. If we can get her to not do horrible things (which we've already made progress on through Daydream) then her learning a lesson is absolutely meaningless beyond some vague comeuppance that would only serve to make us feel good about ourselves, and wouldn't serve the situation for the better in the slightest. In fact, the attempt might actually make her WORSE as many people have said before, including a future version of herself and Garreth.

Lastly, doing an action in a difficult situation just to shake things up is usually not a good idea. We're not to the point where doing so would recommended, since we've actually got things pretty stacked in our favor right now.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 05-30-2016

SpoilerShow
1) Alice's motives are pretty clear, in my opinion, she loves derrick and wants to have him all for herself, she knows he wouldn't love her back because he sees her as his sister, so she has to resort to manipulation, lying, forcing herself upon derrick, and keeping other potential lovers away from him. Alice always gets away with this shit because of her status as derrick's sister, and she's dressed up derrick's perception of her to make him think she's 100% perfect and harmless, the moment derrick has his clouded perception of his sister shattered and he sees the real alice, I fear his reaction won't be positive, it was a good thing we decided to go with garry so he could give him some advice about this, this is why taking things slowly is the best course of action, this is a time bomb waiting to explode.

2) I don't think blackmailing alice will be good, if anything she's gonna threaten us back, I say the best course of action is to build trust with her, like we are doing with garry, let's make it appear as if we don't know what she did, then wait for the opportune moment to let her know what she did was wrong.

3) Making her feel guilty is something we should do in very little amounts, maybe dropping a very small hint through derrick? i dunno. there are a million ways things could go wrong.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 05-30-2016

(05-30-2016, 06:51 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »I said it before, but Alice already said she would be cooperative with us the next time we gave her something to do. We just haven't talked to her at all since then.

As for making Alice aware of the consequences of her actions... who cares? She's not going to exist past the end of this. Daydream is real, but Alice is just a creation of hers. If we can get her to not do horrible things (which we've already made progress on through Daydream) then her learning a lesson is absolutely meaningless beyond some vague comeuppance that would only serve to make us feel good about ourselves, and wouldn't serve the situation for the better in the slightest. In fact, the attempt might actually make her WORSE as many people have said before, including a future version of herself and Garreth.

Lastly, doing an action in a difficult situation just to shake things up is usually not a good idea. We're not to the point where doing so would recommended, since we've actually got things pretty stacked in our favor right now.

yeah, pretty much what everyone's saying so.... unseconding 'shaking things up' and just talking to alice in general rn

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 05-30-2016

Guise, forget about Alice for a sec...
And think about Lucia... because i've just found her theme-song and is so beautifully fitting! ^^
SpoilerShow

Aaand also Daydream/Alice's theme-song ...by the same author -_-)
SpoilerShow

Even Lil' Mal has a song all their own! xD
SpoilerShow

Please tell me one of you beautiful lurking bastards is the one who did these videos :o

Also, welcome adashofpepper, thank you for fighting the good fight there ^^

Alright, I guess I'm seeing where popular opinion is going with this, so Ill drop it, but a few more things I want to respond to.

(05-30-2016, 06:51 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »I said it before, but Alice already said she would be cooperative with us the next time we gave her something to do. We just haven't talked to her at all since then.

I get that this Alice isn't real, but I don't... actually care really? Like, none of them are real anyway. some of them just happen to be double unreal, which IMO is not a huge difference. Plus, We don't really know their level of in canon-sentience, but I'm pretty sure there at least sort of people, going y the "I think, therefor I am" standard. either way I say she deserves the opportunity to be a less awful person.

Also, maybe we should stop by, check in on her, even if we aren't down for a confrontation just quite yet. Its true, we haven't talked to her in awhile.

(05-30-2016, 06:33 PM)Fellow Wrote: »1. If we want a better understanding of Alice, we can get that through Daydream. DD's less likely to snap at us, both through trying to harm the kids and through simply refusing to tel us. Plus, if Alice doesn't know we know, she'll be at a disadvantage.

This seems like a pretty bad idea to me. staying on DDs good side is pretty critical, and as the whole episode with Emily has shown, Daydream is not as emotionally stable as we might have originally thought. I say we psychoanalyze the person that isn't basically God.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for responding. good conversation.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - royalPawn - 05-30-2016

(05-30-2016, 08:06 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »Snop

Nice finds! Though I have to admit, I still see Still Here as both of their themes:

SpoilerShow

(I know someone linked this ages ago on the mspaforums but I can't check who...for obvious reasons.)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ForestGardener - 05-31-2016

(05-14-2016, 07:01 AM)intrepidPioneer Wrote: »-snip-
Emily: Next. When you get a chance, you must tell Derrick what you did to him.
Emily: Regardless of how he takes it, you will also tell him how you feel about him.
-snip-

As much as I want to take action here, I think it will be better to let the Priestess of Affliction's plan run its course first. This should result in the least amount of ... affliction might actually be the best word here ... medium- and long-term.

Also if we demonstrate to Alice that we knew, but kept our mouths shut, she might think us able to keep secrets. (read: valuable intel)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 05-31-2016

have some duskxdawn macking

[Image: tumblr_o80okmUcPX1r7g47po1_r1_1280.png]

*did the thing and only took two days, hated it 75% of the time and cried twice*

I'll take this an accomplishment.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 05-31-2016

SpoilerShow