Eagle Time
Void Girl [Oh god it's back] - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Void Girl [Oh god it's back] (/showthread.php?tid=2288)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Void Girl - Smurfton - 04-14-2017

Oh, you know, there's 816 of us. Not to worry, almost all of us aren't paying attention.

Alright now, let's think this through. It would be a pretty shitty test if the goal was just to get you to tell us to do one thing. We proooobably can't just pass the test for you.

Maybe part of the test is to examine our sphere and work out what we can do?

RE: Void Girl - infuriatingCrimson - 04-14-2017

>Where the bloody hell are we, anyway?

RE: Void Girl - Justice Watch - 04-14-2017

Do you want a portal to a specific place or just anywhere?

RE: Void Girl - Tuesbirdy - 04-14-2017

Artist's Note: How would y'all feel about larger images? I'm working on a 500x500 canvas in 1-bit, but I shrink them down to 300x300 afterwards to keep the thread from devouring everyone's bandwidth. It'd be quicker for me to update if I didn't have to shrink 'em though. Y/N?

Quote:>Various attempts at convincing Geri to let us out
> Where the bloody hell are we, anyway?

[Image: 008.png?dl=0]

GERI:
"You're staying in the ball. If you were listening, you'd know I'm physically and metaphysically incapable of doing that right now."
"As for where we are... I have no idea. And I think that's more or less the point.

Quote:Just for those who don't remember.... what happens if we don't help you?

GERI
"1. We're stuck here in limbo for pretty much ever, or someone comes to get us out... which could be just marginally less than pretty much ever."
"2. I tell Madame Diavla you're a dud, and you all can work off your karmic debts in the soul mines instead of having neato timespace-bending shenanigans with the future Primarch of the Fourth Ring of Netherym."
"Like, honestly, it's your call."

[Image: 009.png?dl=0]

Quote:Oh, you know, there's 816 of us. Not to worry, almost all of us aren't paying attention.

Alright now, let's think this through. It would be a pretty shitty test if the goal was just to get you to tell us to do one thing. We proooobably can't just pass the test for you.

Maybe part of the test is to examine our sphere and work out what we can do?

GERI
(Your reasonable argument calls her attention.)
"816, huh? Most soul vaults can only contain a hundred or so. I figured you might be special, since you didn't totally disintegrate in the blast. Cool."

[Image: 010.png?dl=0]

GERI
"Okiday, let's see here... ooh, you've got a button! Bop!"

Quote:Scanning Environment.
Mana Strength: Low
Leyline Turbulence: Low...
Portal Detected, 2.4km North.
[Image: 011.png?dl=0]
GERI
"Oh, wow. There's a pandimensional compass in you? With a built-in portal scanner? This makes everything so much easier."

[Image: 012.png?dl=0]

YOU and GERI travel in cheerful silence for awhile, the VOID stark white and infinite all around you.

If you'd like to talk to her, now's the time. 2.4 km isn't very far.

RE: Void Girl - RedHounds - 04-14-2017

Wonna play games?

RE: Void Girl - BreadProduct - 04-14-2017

Who is Madame Diavla? And should I be concerned?

RE: Void Girl - Fellow - 04-14-2017

I spy with my little eye something.. white and featureless.

RE: Void Girl - BananaPanda - 04-14-2017

So, I'm guessing i'm not the only one who can't remember anything. What's up with the whole world outside of this void. Did we live in some magical place of wizards and unicorns or just a boring suburb and some citys and stuff.

RE: Void Girl - Tuesbirdy - 04-14-2017

Artist's Note
I'm gonna 'sume by your silence that you prefer the smaller images for now. Lemme know if you'd like 'em larger in the future. Also, I'm fooling with the art/character proportions -- don't mind the inconsistency. :'D

Quote:> Wanna play some games?
>I spy with my little eye... something white and featureless.

[Image: 013.png?dl=0]

GERI
"I bet you do."

Quote:>Who is Madam Diavla? And should I be concerned?

GERI
"Hey, I recognize that intonation. Didn't you say the same thing about my wand?"
"Madam Diavla is my chronospatial magic tutor. She was my big sister's, too, before she abandoned the Fourth Ring to shack up with her werewolf boyfriend guy."

Quote:>What's up with the whole world outside of this void?
GERI
"Which world are you talking about? The megaverse is, like, packed to the brim with populated planes of existence."
"There were definitely wizards and unicorns, though. My sister had a pet gryphon."

Geri pauses, makes a thoughtful little sound.

GERI
"Funny how I remember all this random stuff, but not my name."
"Speaking of names... what's yours? Do you have a collective name? Pronouns? Are you all the same species, or a bunch of ex-beings all jumbled up in there?"

RE: Void Girl - typeandkey - 04-14-2017

>Names? Child, names have power, and there is none more powerful than ours. The day this prison that now contains us was forged our name was etched into every moon of the milkyway galaxy. The burning pillar that carved our name sent such shockwaves of pure power that it was felt all across time and space. Remember this moment, for you are the first to hear. Our name, the name granted to us by far greater powers than you or I, is Fred. Fear not, for we are humble.

RE: Void Girl - Justice Watch - 04-14-2017

SpoilerShow

I'm not entirely sure, but we might have been some sort of lich-thing with 800+ souls operating as one corporeal entity, which would explain a lot about why we were probably imprisoned in here. If that's the case, then I guess this thing isn't much different :0

My namevote goes for Geno.

RE: Void Girl - btp - 04-15-2017

Oh Geno and Geri! That is adorable! I love it! We'll be the best of pals!

So pal, tell us about yourself!

Got a favorite book?
How's your big sis doing?
Travel much as a Warp Mage?
Ever managed to open a Soul Lock when you've been at full power?

RE: Void Girl - Smurfton - 04-15-2017

SpoilerShow

Oh snap is that a sound effect just for me? I should talk more often Whoa

I don't think we're all the same species, or even genus, but we're definitely 100% for sure all in the same family: Accipitridae That's the one with the hawks, raptors, eagles, harriers and kites.

We go with different names for different masters. We do have a real name, but I don't think we ever give that one out.

So what kind of test is this, Geri? Are you getting a certification, applying for a job, or just making your way through classes?

RE: Void Girl - a52 - 04-15-2017

Speak for yourself, I'm nonavian.

RE: Void Girl - BreadProduct - 04-15-2017

Error 404

RE: Void Girl - Tuesbirdy - 04-15-2017

Artist's Note
I've noticed I get quite a handful of commands that deserve attention at once sometimes. When that happens, I'll start combining/merging them so everyone gets a chance to pitch in.

Quote:>tl;dr you are an ELDRITCH BEING of UNTOLD POWER, comprising 800+ souls, who is collectively named GENO. Many - but not all! - of your parts were BIRD-LIKE CREATURES, once upon a time. You've been imprisoned in the soul vault for reasons yet unrevealed.

Geri considers this for a long while, staring at you with an expression of... er, see below.

[Image: 014.png?dl=0]

GERI
"Oh. Okay. I was expecting something a little more straightforward, but... whatever! We've got all the time in the megaverse to get acquainted. Ha ha..."

Quote:>Got a favourite book? How's your big sis doing? Travel much as a Warp Mage? Ever managed to open a Soul Lock when you've been at full power?
>What kind of test is this, Geri?

[Image: 015.png?dl=0]

Geri seems delighted by your interest in her personal life.

GERI
"That's a lot of questions!"
"It's a certification test. I might be the future Primarch of the Fourth Ring of the Netherym, but I need to earn my Warp Mage stripes like anyone else."
"As for my sister, she's doing OK. She's getting married later this cycle--but not in our realm, of course. My parents wouldn't have it. If I manage to pass this test, I should be able to warp myself to the wedding myse--"

[Image: 016.png?dl=0]

???
Ahem.

An unfamiliar voice catches Geri's attention, and yours. The viewport on your surface flashes, indicating that you've reached the portal's general vicinity.

Geri stares at a shadowed figure standing in the near distance. Strange, that, since there's nothing about to cast a shadow.

GERI
"Well, that's weird."

RE: Void Girl - typeandkey - 04-15-2017

>Eek! Antlers! We have a terrible phobia of creatures with antlers! No questions, just shoot! Zap-zap-zappity-zap!

RE: Void Girl - a52 - 04-15-2017

(04-15-2017, 03:53 AM)typeandkey Wrote: ยป>Eek! Antlers! We have a terrible phobia of creatures with antlers! No questions, just shoot! Zap-zap-zappity-zap!

No we don't. Just go talk to it.

RE: Void Girl - Justice Watch - 04-15-2017

I wanna bump it!

RE: Void Girl - btp - 04-15-2017

Aw dang this is one of those "Ominous Warning" Tests isn't it?

"Don't overuse your powers or you'll end up like me" such a rip. I thought we were gonna get some real test on.

Hey Geri, maybe don't tell this guy about our whole "You free us when you get your power back" arrangement.

RE: Void Girl - Kowlb - 04-15-2017

Grab it, and life, by the horns.

RE: Void Girl - Schazer - 04-15-2017

Throw us at it!!!!

RE: Void Girl - infuriatingCrimson - 04-15-2017

No! Don't throw us at it, what if it eats souls? We can't defend ourselves in this little prison! Hides behind Geri.

RE: Void Girl - BananaPanda - 04-15-2017

"Love the horns!"

RE: Void Girl - Smurfton - 04-15-2017

"Hello! Our apologies for not noticing you. We are Geno, and she doesnt remember her name, but is going by Geri right now. What's your name?"

"We're looking for the way out, and our portal scanner led us to you. You wouldn't happen to be a portal, or wearing a portal, would you?"

Schazer, I'm pretty sure we are flying, and have been flying this entire time. We ought to be able to throw ourselves.