Eagle Time
The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Chat (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chatter (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) (/showthread.php?tid=28)

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - AgentBlue - 03-20-2013

Don't apologize. My parents worry about me because i'm a sinful godless heathen of a child. Nothing quite like knowing that they'll be praying for you to encourage you to go absolutely nuts.

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - Gen - 03-21-2013

SpoilerShow

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - MaxieSatan - 03-21-2013

Due to some fell combination of improperly-filtered microwaves, heavy exercise after a long period of not exercising, and general illness, I've been feeling rather shitty this evening.

Hopefully I will feel unshitty enough to go to bed soon.

UPDATE: Properly microwaved food has settled my stomach, yay

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - AgentBlue - 03-21-2013

/me huggles a gen

if you wanna talk, i know the feels. Minion heart bandaid

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - MaxieSatan - 03-21-2013

update 2 my stomach feels like it's going to implode again

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - Schazer - 03-22-2013

Fuck cats.

Pre-emptive Fuck any of you who are going to be cat apologists.

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - Infrared - 03-22-2013

I demand details missy.

My fucking neighbor has his bullshit music too godamn loud and it makes my blood boil. Even after receiving a warning from the police they keep turning the volume up, why is it necessary to have it so loud, I cannot comprehend.

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - Infinity Biscuit - 03-22-2013

I'm guessing one of the murder machines ate some animals, since IIRC Schazer likes birds and bugs?

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - Jacquerel - 03-22-2013

everyone should like birds and bugs

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - Infrared - 03-22-2013

Yeah cats.are okay but they're overrated

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - Solaris - 03-23-2013

Oh no supes D:

I hope you are/stay/become safe!!!

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - Infrared - 03-23-2013

Sorry to hear that, supahsoops :(

I hope you find a way to make it better.

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - Schazer - 03-23-2013

No animals were directly harmed in the making of my Fuck Cats opinion

but no seriously I think cats are horrendous and/or highly overrated animals. They routinely kill wildlife, and irresponsible owners in rural areas of New Zealand who won't get their cats spayed or neutered contribute to the feral cat population which contributes to the decline of many endemic, threatened bird species (They've also been shown to catch our native lizards and large insects). Cat ownership in New Zealand's been a hot topic lately because one big-name dude stirring up debate with rather inflammatory comments. It's raised some good points, but on the other hand there's dipshits calling this "New Zealand's very own Meowschwitz" because their cat's never dragged an (introduced) sparrow home. So yeah, it's more gross human stupidity and not cats specifically that's annoying me.

The whole grump led me to the realisation that I just... hate pets. The ones around my house belong to my flatmates (and I'm the sub-tenant, and honestly they're not that bad but I wouldn't exactly miss them if they got rehomed or whatever), and there's a white flemish giant rabbit which is blind, lives indoors, and poops and sheds fur everywhere. There's also a cat who is super-clingy and keeps sticking its arse in your face if you try doing things in the living room, and Pet #3 is the ex-flatmate's rabbit (blind bunny's littermate) who lives outside and has wrecked the front yard, attracting the ire of the landlord and facilitating an emergency flat cleaning before an inspection Monday afternoon. Failure to mellow the fucker out will probably make him raise the rent on us, which yeah no.

I also am not hot on domesticated animals after a week going and seeing birds in the wild. New Zealand is sort of an exception, because we don't have large predators and all the cool large things never evolved a fear of predation, so they just don't give a fuck if you sit down and watch them for a while. Despite that, it got me thinking that life would be so much cooler if we stopped spending all that money on the pet industry, and spent it on urban design which facilitated the return of wildlife into the world a bit more immediately around us.

The exception to "fuck pets" is dogs, because you can train a dog and make it behave and do what you tell it when it goes outside. You can't do that to a cat, short of keeping it inside its whole life (which I can only assume turns it into a neurotic needy freak like my flatmates' cat).

I may also be cat-biased because I get home from a long but fun week of wildlifing and exploring a new city, and find the cat's been sleeping on my duvet. And left a hairball on there.

I just really hate my flatmate's cat, I think.

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - Schazer - 03-23-2013

Yeah, hence my ultimate conclusion is "cats make me mad, but only because their presence reminds me I can't punch every collectively fucking stupid people* ever"

*people, as opposed to person. Just kind of humanity as a big stupid sluggish collective consciousness.

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - Infinity Biscuit - 03-23-2013

Keeping cats indoors actually isn't an issue for the vast majority of them so long as they have stimulation of some kind. It's just sadly used as an excuse to let one's cats outdoors unattended where it'll kill several creatures a day, every day, most for fun.

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - BRPXQZME - 03-23-2013

I am one of those unfortunate souls who is so ridiculously allergic to cats I can’t so much as sleep in a house that has one without it becoming a medical emergency.

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - SeaWyrm - 03-23-2013

My roleplaying session today got called on account of snow. I was looking forward to it and everything, we were maybe going to start our new game of Apocalypse World.
Bah, stupid snow. Can't it wait until Monday, so I can miss some work or something useful like that?

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - SeaWyrm - 03-24-2013

My roleplaying session TODAY got called on account of my brother can't make it.
This is infuriating. I would say that I have been looking forward to it for a week, but we missed last week's session, too, so in fact I have been looking forward to it for two weeks. Plus the extra anticipation from well-the-Apocalypse-World-game-didn't-happen-but-at-least-I-have-tomorrow's-game.
Rawr.

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - Jacquerel - 03-25-2013

If you press ctrl-A to select everything that you had just written on skype
but you're hovering over the contacts list with your cursor instead
it invites everyone you know to one skype call

this has been a public service announcement

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - Whimbrel - 03-25-2013

(03-25-2013, 04:58 PM)Jacquerel Wrote: »If you press ctrl-A to select everything that you had just written on skype
but you're hovering over the contacts list with your cursor instead
it invites everyone you know to one skype call

this has been a public service announcement

It was fun, though!

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - BRPXQZME - 03-25-2013

That is both funny and oh god I hope nobody does that to me since I’m gone most of the day and my parents don’t know how to use Skype.

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - Jacquerel - 03-25-2013

it turns out it was actually "everyone I spoke to within the last month" rather than "literally everyone" but it's still terrifying and pointless

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - BRPXQZME - 03-25-2013

It is a flagrant violation of the Law of Least Astonishment. On what planet does Ctrl+A, in Windows, not mean “select all”? And in whose mind, in Windows, is selection not a completely harmless activity that changes no state other than what things you have selected? (╬ ಠ益ಠ)

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - Mythee - 03-26-2013

I think that's happened to one of my Skype friends before. o-o;

RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - AgentBlue - 03-26-2013

I don't think Microsoft gives a shit, flipped or no.