Eagle Time
The Grand Battle [Game Over!] - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Grand Battles (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: The Grand Battle [Game Over!] (/showthread.php?tid=686)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - Aryogaton - 08-28-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by Aryogaton.

The battle seemed to become more and more interesting. Aeon noted that everyone was now part of the battle, save for himself and Nathan. Aeon smiled, feeling satisfaction in the result.

From his pocket Aeon took out a can of soup and a lighter, both of which he took from the ordinary house in the previous round. He used his adaptive tool to create a makeshift bowl, a spit, and a can opener. He held the small lighter flame up to the base of the handle and the tip of it began to spark and maintain a warm flame. Aeon pocketed the lighter and poured the cold soup into the bowl.

Soon the makeshift dinner was ready, and Aeon began eating. Although the rancid smell of decay and dried blood was rather distracting, he was glad to have the advantage of having a full stomach. Satisfaction.

A timid voice came from the doorway. "Can I have some of that? I'm starving," Nathan said.

Aeon turned to the boy. His arm was still scarred, but he seemed otherwise okay. "Go ahead," Aeon said, as he poured some of the soup into another bowl and handed it to Nathan.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - GBCE - 08-28-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by PawntoD4.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - Aryogaton - 08-28-2009

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - GBCE - 08-28-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by OddGuy.

Nathan sat down next to Aeon, greedily inhaling the soup, using one arm to hold the bowl and pour the soup down his throat. After finishing, he let out a sigh of content and then turned to Aeon, still eating his. " Um, thank you," Nathan said, a bit embarrassed at his poor manners.

"Not a problem," Aeon replied, still calmly eating. As Nathan awkwardly waited, he began playing with the knife Aeon gave him, scratching against the floor to make a few marks. As he did so, it made a screeching noise.

"Stop that. It's annoying." Aeon said, now finished. Nathan, embarrassed, put down the knife, and sat for a while longer.

"Uh, Aeon? You said you found a loophole in the rules that your weapon adhered to? And that I could do the same? What, exactly, did you mean by that?" Nathan asked timidly, fearing that he had asked a question that he shouldn't of asked.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - Aryogaton - 08-29-2009

Aeon paused. I suppose telling the boy wouldn't have too many consequences. "You have to figure out what causes your wweapon to hurt you when you use it. In my case, I know that the laws of physics cannot be broken. For every piece of metal that it creates, or amount of force that it is capable of, it must drain the same amount of energy from a nearby source. Most people are actually drained to the point of collapse after even a few seconds of using it. I, however, found a loophole. By limiting the amount of energy I supply to it, I cause it to search for the next possible source. In most cases, it is my enemy. It's also why I eat fairly often. I'd rather not say more than that.

My first guess at the logistics of your weapon would be that for every command you give to it, there must be a consequence. You would have to find the loophole in that. It is really a bit of guess and check, but your weapon seems to have a great deal of potential."

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - GBCE - 08-29-2009

Nathan digested Aeon's words for a second before having an idea. Immediately, he grabbed the demonic knife by the blade. Cuts immediately showed on his fingers, quickly becoming gashes. Nathan gnashed his teeth as the knife cut through, squinting with tears welling in the corner of his eyes. As Nathan felt his fingers were about to be cut off completely, he heard the sound of someone walking.

Nathan looked up, and saw a man in a double breasted black two-piece suit, complete with black dress shoes, combed back black hair, and an odd golden pin on his lapel. The man was also smiling, but this smile was full of sharp teeth, more a sharks then a mans. He approached Nathaniel, looked at his hanging fingers and the knife that he was managing to still hold, and asked, " You called for me?"

Nathan, visibly shaken, gulped, and said, "A-as master of your domain, I..." but was cut off when the man kicked him in the face, sending him flying.

"My, you certainly are aerodynamic. A fine plaything," The man said, a sincere smile on his face as he walked towards Nathan. " I'm assuming you want to use my power correctly, right? Watching you misuse it so," at this point the man stopped, sighed, and shook his head, " It's an embarrassment. So I'll help you. In exchange, you'll be my plaything." Nathaniel had a look of utmost revulsion on his face. The man then laughed, and said, " No no, not in that way. You'll see as time passes." The man then stood silently, waiting for a response.

Nathan then said, " I... I agree to your terms in exchange for your power." Nathan, seeming to expect something like a kick to the face again, shielded himself for some other painful experience, but the man did nothing. In fact, he seemed to have disappeared.

A voice spoke to Nathan. " I don't feel there is any reason to show myself right now, so I don't think I'll play with your vision for the time being." Nathan sighed in relief.

Meanwhile, Aeon was fairly disturbed at how Nathan was not only had very nearly cut off his fingers on his right hand, but also was talking to thin air and had somehow flown across the room, almost as if he had been hit with a wrecking ball.

Originally posted on MSPA by dexexe1234.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - btp - 08-29-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by bobthepen.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

Emily stood up and looked at the strange creature's remains. The seal had worked better than expected and most them had dissolved.
She turned to where the vacuum had gone. It was probably involved in the fight too by now. This could mean that one of the demons may die.
Suddenly the something came out of the wall near her. It was another pair of figures, almost identical to the two she had just destroyed. Lutherions must be very powerful to be able to summon another pair.
They approached her slowly this time. Apparently the madman had learned from his previous attempt. She turned to the building Aeon was staying in. She could use his help.
She grabbed her shield and ran as fast as she could to the building. The monster chased after her so she put a barrier around herself. It was weak, but it would probably hold until she got to Aeon.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - btp - 08-29-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by bobthepen.

SpoilerShow

"Aww! What a shame! Poor little raspberry girl cannot find big bad Lutherion? HEHAHEHEAHEHAAA!!!"

The horrid cackling runged in the entire building. It was in no way possible to identify the location! "Damnit! Lutherion may be insane AND stupid, but he learns way to fast!" Amethyst started to become uneasy. "From where will he strike next time? wait, how long have that vacuum been here?" She looked at Eximo, who was happily sucking up blood and puss from the explosion Lutherion created from himself.

Meanwhile, outside the building, Emily was running towards the building aen was hiding in. "OH BACON LADY!!! COME AND PLAAYY!!!" The two boney creatures shouted. "WE JUST WANT TO RIP AND CUT INTO YOU!! HAHEHAAHA!!!" Mysteriously, they shared the same voice as Lutherion right now!

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - Aryogaton - 09-01-2009

Aeon saw Emily scramble into the house, slam the door shut, and create some sort of enchantment on the door. He looked outside and saw the pair of undead lumbering towards the house.

Aeon walked up to the door, ready to open it.

"Wait! What are you doing?!" Emily said urgently, out of breath.

"I know what I'm doing." Aeon replied, opening the door and dissipating Emily's enchantment. The pair of undead stood on the porch.

"Knock knock," said the male, in Lutherion's voice. Aeon held up his adaptive tool, this time in the shape of a sphere made of several arcs, more identical spheres inside. The contraption began to spin rapidly, giving off a distinctive whirring sound.

"Who's there?" Aeon said camly.

"Death," the female said, grinning.

"Death who?"

"Death is here to eat some breakfast! AHEHAHHEAHEHAEA!!!" both of them yelled at once and began cackling hysterically.

At this point the two undead were noticeably crumbling and decaying strangely fast. When they stopped laughing long enough to notice, it was too late. Soon, both of them were a heap of ashes on the floor.

Aeon closed the door and headed back to his spot beside the window.

"What... just happened?" Emily asked quizzically.

"Ask Nathan, he should know. Just remember that I get a mild headache when I do it, though." Aeon replied.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - GBCE - 09-01-2009

Emily looked over at Nathan. She hadn't noticed him before. "Nathan what are you doing here? This is far too close to the battle for you. You're already hurt."
Nathan didn't respond. He was simply staring at his damaged hand lost in thought. Emily grabbed his hand and began healing him. He looked up, but still didn't respond.
The wounds were healed quickly, but something felt odd about Nathan. The demonic aura around him seemed to be getting stronger. "Have you been mesing with that knife Nathan? I told you that is was dangerous."
nathan choked a little and loked back down. There was no way he could tell Emily about his conversation with the demon. "Umm.. N-no-not really. I just cut myself a bit."
Emily shook her head. "I'm not blind boy. Just be careful. Demons are not to be trusted. Especially ones as destructive as the one no doubt sealed in your knife." She then turned and looked out the window. Another pair of guards had appeared, but they weren't approaching yet. "Now what can you tell me about that strange tool Aeon was using," she said without looking at either of them.

Originally posted on MSPA by Draykon.

Lutherion's cackling voice echoed around from all sides. Amethyst was nervous, but she refused to show it. Fear would only make him more annoying.
"I will not allow myself a disadvantage Lutherion. Show yourself or I shall even the playing field, and be forewarned I have a tendency to overcompensate."
"Oh whatcha gonna do?! Planning on running and hiding yourself? KAHAHA!"
Amethyst raised her arm. Several intricate rings surrounded her wrist.
"Load preset, Photon Cyclone."
For a brief second, a bubble of light surrounded the courthouse. Then, it began to melt. Or rather, it appeared to. The liquid the building became fell not just down, but in all directions, merging into a nearly opaque whirlwind of colors.
Amethyst closed her eyes, as a magical sonar automatically clicked in as part of the preset. A colorless image of the room appeared in her mind.
"It will now be just as difficult for you to pinpoint my location as it was for me to find yours."
She began walking towards a random door. Searching for Lutherion.

"Ah, um. That thing, that tool of Aeon's, it is an adaptive tool, basically. It is able to change based on what task Aeon wants to use it for," Nathan said, keeping his description as basic as possible.

Nathan, waiting for the new wave of skeletal guards to arrive, looked at his new scars on his hand, bored. As he stared, he noticed something white, a small white mark, seemingly under his skin. He scratched at it only a bit, and then a elongated, grotesque maggot slithered out of his hand, impossibly long for to have been concealed in that small mark. Nathan immediately tensed and backed onto the wall before the maggot dissolved into nothingness, and a familiar voice unfortunately started to speak.

" You reaction wasn't quite as good as I hoped. About a four out of ten, that one," The demon in the black suit said, looking away from Nathan as though he were talking to himself. Even so, Nathan remained quiet. He didn't want to make it even more obvious that he had made a contract with this being. "Oh? Silent? Well, it's boring now anyways. I guess I'll just have to go. But first...," the demons said, smiling once more, still smiling as he ripped off Emily's head, blood pouring out like a sadistic fountain.

"Ah!," Nathan started, but as he looked again, noticed that she was fine, head perfectly intact.

"Now that got at least some sort of reaction, although not a great one. However, I think I'm done for now. Farewell, toy," the demon in the suit then disappeared as Emily gave Nathan a quizzical look, as it seemed as though he had said something, and now his face was flushed with anger and embarrassment.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - Dragon Fogel - 09-01-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

Amethyst's spell left Eximo puzzled. The massive burst of colors, whatever it was, did not register as filth and so could not be filtered out by Eximo's visual sensors.

It scanned for life-forms. There was one strong signal in the area, and one weak one. Based on previous scans, Eximo concluded the weak one was likely Lutherion.

"Unable to continue with the cleansing at this time. Secondary objective: Eliminate serious threats to the cleansing. Target located."

The weaker signal was in the ceiling, or at least where the ceiling should be; it was hard to tell in Amethyst's fog of colors. Eximo pulled out a knife with one of its skeletal arms, and threw it skywards.

Lutherion screamed. Amethyst looked up, and saw the wightmaw arm hanging from the ceiling, with a knife stuck in it, just inches away from the "heart".

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - Robust Laser - 09-01-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - Aryogaton - 09-01-2009

"Well that didn't explain much..." Emily said to nobody in particular.

Hm, boy can't put two and two together. Still have no idea what happened with him and that knife, though.

"Simply, the tool has to draw energy from something in order to function, and I used that as a weapon to drain the energy from the minions." Aeon piped.

A pause.

"Emily, come here for a moment."

Emily approached Aeon. "What is it?"

"Nathan is hallucinating. He's seeing things that we're not," Aeon whispered, "I can tell because he's tracing imaginary figures with his eyes."

Emily looked at him and did not say anything.

"Look, the only thing that I had done to him before you arrived is give him a bowl of soup and tell him he should figure out how his weapon works. Then he started cutting his fingers and looked like he got hit by a wrecking ball. That's it."

Emily leaned closer, with a bit of frustration in her voice. "His knife has a demon trapped inside. I have been telling him to be careful with it, so I can get rid of the demon without harming him. Now that you told him to mess around with it, who knows what he's done?"

Aeon paused for a few moments.

"Oh."

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - Robust Laser - 09-01-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - GBCE - 09-02-2009

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - Aryogaton - 09-02-2009

SpoilerShow

Emily cursed under her breath and glanced at Nathan. She then quickly turned back to Aeon. "We can't be sure exaclty whats happened yet," she said quietly," But based on my previous experience the demon is probably trying to posess him. It could be something more extreme judging by the amount of power that demon no doubt has."
Aeon nodded. He was trying to think of a way out of this. Nathan becoming posessed by a demon could no doubt be a hindrance to just about every plan he'd made until now. Especially if this demon was powerful enough to stand up to Luther and Amethyst.
"What do you know about demon exorcisms?" he asked Emily.
"I am not particularly practiced in them, but I know how to perform them. Unfortunately I've never even heard of circumstances like this before."
"What do you mean?"
"Well the demon still appears to be inhabiting the knife as far as I can tell. If it's even partially possesing Nathan, then I can't exorcise it because of it's split energy. Think about it like hunting for a rabbit and then sudenly the rabbit splits in two and goes off in opposite directions, and if you wait to long to capture one half it'll just form into another rabbit and then do it again."
Suddenly Nathan approached them curious about why they were whispering. "What are you guys talking about."
Emily turned to him with her usual calm face. "We are simply discussing battle plans in case the skeletons attack."

"GAAAAHHH!!! YOU HIT MY ARM YOU BLOODY VACUUM!!! OHH YOU ARE SO DEAD!!!"

Lutherions voice can be heard in most of killville. Eximo stood and said his normal lines: "You are interfering with the cleansing. Please move out of the way or be annihilated!" Suddenly, Eximo started to jump around and bulge in weird places! "Status report: Abnormal! Malfunction!"

Eximo flew up into the air, Twitching as if it was possessed. "You weird vacuum! I will make sure you cannot gather another piece of dust!" The wightmaw arm threw itself through the knife it was hanging on and landed infront of the flying vacuum, standing on the fingers like a spider. "Now, ill give you enough to clean!" The wightmaw arm began to become a golden color from blowing up with puss! *KABOOM!!!" Besides the psychotic colors in the room, there was puss EVERYWHERE! The arm looked unharmed thought

Lutherion began to Rebuild himself infront of the flying vacuum, sans a few parts of him that was inside of Eximo.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - Dragon Fogel - 09-02-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

Aryogaton Wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Dragon Fogel Wrote:
Aryogaton Wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow