Eagle Time
You Wake Up In A Bar - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: You Wake Up In A Bar (/showthread.php?tid=2776)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - Numbers - 07-18-2018

please don’t.

instead, add a quarter energy drink and a cup’s worth of caffeine, and add purple food dye just because the surprise of ‘purple is a weird color for a no sleep drink to have’

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - Ten11 - 07-18-2018

when i think of refreshing, i think of cold stuff. So put in some ice cubes.
Also would like to veto suggestions of ecstasy and cocaine.

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - Lordlyhour - 07-18-2018

We Are Not Going TO Spike a customer's Drink With Any Sort Of Narcotic Unless And Until They Ask Us To.
Add a Dash Of Vim, Though.

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - Reyweld - 07-20-2018

I also agree with not spiking the drink

Ice cubes are good, maybe just a drop of lemon juice

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - kilozombie - 07-21-2018

[Image: 1lpVNzL.png]
[Image: Ce4bsnD.png]

It's time to wrap things up like a bartending burrito. You start prepping an iced Irish Coffee with extra little bits as the Starwood Bough begins to wind down.

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: CEGFZFV.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: KfVp8hv.png]

Klaxon yawns a bit. Trive seems to have lost a lot of steam in the past minute or so.

[Image: QoRols6.png]
[Image: jO7HNCb.png]
[Image: 5kSD9db.png]

But EYE kicks at the stool it's been sitting in front of, huffing in a vocoded frustration.

[Image: 2VJUrfk.png]
[Image: SxKhDrk.png]
[Image: nNIxhUp.png]
[Image: p45se91.png]

This may have been your doing.

[Image: z9lWngq.png]
[Image: DFmJhpP.png]
[Image: TbW37AZ.png]
[Image: u9bdVtF.png]
[Image: UDHmnVj.png]
[Image: tmpqexP.png]
[Image: 511MT6s.png]

The stag-bot seems to be very, very displeased with Depricae's slow manner of speech, and stomps in a circle all the while, sputtering.

[Image: WuRL02B.png]
[Image: oWfERTn.png]
[Image: K4j8h1R.png]

Jeez.

[Image: bbB1cs3.png]
[Image: PyhgUGE.png]
[Image: pH4R4ZS.png]

Before you can say another word, EYE storms out of the bar without paying, leaving its drink still nearly full, save for the layer of Erbug Perspective Tears at the top, which is now gone.

[Image: GWizu7L.png]
[Image: YVrTU95.png]

That's the truth of your mentality! It's also kind of your responsibility. That glowing person was a pretty big help, and it's the least you can do.

After a while of listless leaning back and forth on its stool, the CES Scout gently starts to speak again, using the quiet of the bar to expend as little energy as possible. Seems Depricae's about spent.

[Image: dyEPcVJ.png]
[Image: uLiX4Zc.png]
[Image: z5EkQlL.png]

The scout begins to scoot out of the bar with its consistently limp stride.

Depricae has left the bar very satisfied with its airy drink, though somewhat sick from the amount of food present.

Klaxon stands up, gathers triver things, and starts off to follow in Depricae's wake.

[Image: L95m2Vy.png]
[Image: iEdiZPe.png]

Klaxon Veraxon has left the bar overall intrigued by triver drink and plum, and curious about a future visit.

Well... that's it, huh?

You finish up Laren's drink in the peace and calm of a bar no longer cluttered with a swirling, gigantic conversation that moves haphazardly from topic to topic like the entire array of patrons are neurotic in their debate and incessant in their interjections. It's over!

[Image: YjLdcFC.png]
[Image: oYCtKkn.png]

[Image: 0DXtBH4.png]

Laren lights up brightly.

[Image: Ciu29iF.png]

...You're suddenly reminded that for the last, like, three drinks you made, you didn't actually get anything back from it. EYE, Klaxon and Depricae all just up and left at once with zero recompense. Is that... okay? You recall the glowing person not enjoying the idea of things being 'on the house'.

[Image: MjsatMH.png]
[Image: 1o94BBn.png]

Well. Regardless of how you want to respond to this, the most important thing is that you've finished up the day.

Evening has passed. The time is now night, which is a typically very quiet time of day with few patrons, if any at all. This period is a great time to rest up, have conversations, wash dishes, or get new ingredients.

You have gained a bartending level. You may now pick up to four skills-- one from the first perk rank, one from the second perk rank, and two from the newly discovered third perk rank. Any that you do not pick will be available again next time you level up, as well as a new rank.

{I} Intuitive: Introduction cards will show somebody's ingredient preferences.

{I} Scribe: You gain information about any unknown ingredient at will, thrice per day.

{I} Drunken Faster: You can wash 1 dish per turn for free (a.k.a. still doing other things) while drunk.

{I} Drunken Master: Your attacks deal incredible damage while drunk.

{II} Mixmaster: Drinks or food with a special correlation with the current music being played will gain a massive bonus for most patrons capable of hearing.

{II} Audiophile: Music with a special correlation to a given patron or situation will passively increase approval and mood for those affected.

{II} Baker: Bake like the ancient chefs of the stars, and cook any pastry in one turn.

{II} Speed Demon: Flip a coin to mix up to four drinks in one turn, or end up failing (and losing all ingredients).

{II} Phytogenesis: Greene can grow many plants for ingredients on their leafy surface, provided there's a consistent source of sunlight.

{II} Phytochemist: Greene can use moving branches to automatically make drinks or meals at half speed without requiring an action, provided there's a consistent source of sunlight.

{III} Direct Link: Temporarily enter other player-controlled beings' method of input to talk to the people on the other side. This is exhausting.

{III} Collaborative: When suggesting new ingredients to add, can accompany it with any size of "Cabinet" entry, making it almost certainly canon.

{III} Perfectionist: Upon completing a drink or meal, receive a hint to aid in finding its 'quintessential ingredient'. When one is found, stock of that ingredient will now become limitless.

{III} Leafy Link: Communicate freely with other plant-like beings telepathically, and one message per turn with non-plant beings.

{III} Universal: Disperse the effects of a mix in the Unshaken to positively (or negatively) effect the entire radius around.

{III} Shaken: Find the Unshaken again after a near-death experience.

[Image: V1oqhOT.png]

Cup status: 1 occupied (Laren's Iced Haze) 6 dirty (Ashen Corrugible, Antimatter Ale, Matterless Mash, TDMB, Bright and Air-ly, INTY), 1 broken, 1 free
Meloncup status: 1 dirty (HH)
Plate status: 1 occupied (Laren's MSD), 1 dirty (The Sate Catsberry), 2 free
Mug status: 1 dirty (Mulled Again Mulligan), 1 free

Scavenger ability: Unavailable (0/1 uses)
Intrusive ability: Enabled

OrdersShow

[Image: RWXWGt6.png]

You've done it, Greene. Your first day of bartending is completed. Now all you have to figure out is what's next on the docket.

You also attained a nice handful of entries in the Cabinet for that new drink. And hey, the Lineup has a couple of new characters, too! Check it all out below.

[Image: Xp0SO7C.png]
[Image: wSBqhR9.png]
[Image: g2sUeVh.png]

Author's NotesShow

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - Lordlyhour - 07-21-2018

My Vote for Rank One SKills Skills Goes (As Always) To Intuitive With Phytochemist For Rank Two And Perfectionist For Three.

Then we should set to Getting Things Cleaned. So Many Dirty Dirty Things That Need Must Be Undirtied. We should also do something about the broken glass, if only Put It Away As A Potential Ingredient For Later

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - a52 - 07-21-2018

Let's buff up those plant powers! Phytogenesis or Phytochemist and Leafy Link.

Also Intuitive and either Perfectionist or Collaborative

Time to wash some dishes, and um... sleep? Do we sleep? Stand in a pool of nutrient water underneath a light source?

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - Reyweld - 07-21-2018

I think Scribe, Perfectionist, and either Speed Demon or Collaborative

I like the sound of infinite of a quintessential ingredient, and Speed Demon could have helped us today.

I also want to use the Copier to Recreate Nadezhda's Perfect Drink, which we can store in the cabinet (if that can't preserve it, just leave it inside The Unshaken).

Also, did anyone else find EYE to be not great? What an unpleasant customer, ruining the atmosphere and insulting our bar with his every action. I say we ban him for a day or two (or maybe more?).

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - FlanDab - 07-21-2018

Scribe, Baker, Perfectionist, and Collaborative.

I think we should be cleaning up our drinkware. And yeah, EYE was unpleasant, but I don't think they deserve to be banned right away. For what we know, he might never come back again, not really worth the ban.

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - Schazer - 07-21-2018

Baker, collaborative, and leafy link are my picks.

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - LammarWesley - 07-21-2018

>Intuitive
>Audiophile
>Perfectionist

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - Ten11 - 07-22-2018

wait
if we get to pick 3 new skills for leveling up, why do we choose 4?
anyway i vote:
[l] Scribe
[ll] Phytochemist
[lll] Universal, Collaborative

also use The Unshaken's generator ability to create two servings of fermented unicorn tears, or molasses.

What's Quicktopic?

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - kilozombie - 07-22-2018

(07-22-2018, 12:08 AM)Ten11 Wrote: »if we get to pick 3 new skills for leveling up, why do we choose 4?

My mistake, it's been fixed now.

(07-22-2018, 12:08 AM)Ten11 Wrote: »What's Quicktopic?

Basically, a quick and easy way of doing post-by-post things with several people and several accounts. For instance, if folks wanted to do it to talk to Laren, she'd talk and then you'd come up with a reply collaboratively, back and forth, for a bit.

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - Fellow - 07-22-2018

I'd say >Drunken master, Baker, Perfectionist and Direct link

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ - 07-22-2018

drunken faster i GUESs
audiophile
collaborative
direct link

i only like the quicktopic idea if the dialogue is then transferred into the updates so that the adventure remains coherently linearly legible, but then you've just made more work for yourself in how you have to integrate all that stuff still but now you probably have more and probably none of it was written with a mind for the flow of collective dialog

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - kilozombie - 07-22-2018

(07-22-2018, 01:41 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »i only like the quicktopic idea if the dialogue is then transferred into the updates so that the adventure remains coherently linearly legible, but then you've just made more work for yourself in how you have to integrate all that stuff still but now you probably have more and probably none of it was written with a mind for the flow of collective dialog

Yeah, it would only be for the purpose of formatting a future update with more natural dialogue. I'm not too sure on it yet though.

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - Arcanuse - 07-22-2018

The perks
Intuitive
Phytochemist
Perfectionist
Leafy Link
sound good to me.

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - Numbers - 07-22-2018

Let's get Intuitive, just for being a better bartender, Phytochemist for faster bartending, Perfectionist for being better at making food and drinks, and Shaken because the Unshaken is really useful with it's four very useful features.

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - Myeth - 07-22-2018

(07-22-2018, 01:41 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »drunken faster i GUESs
audiophile
collaborative
direct link
These seem gucc, seconding

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - Thalia V1 - 07-22-2018

Now hold on, guys, consider the following:
Why does the “Shaken” ability exist? Are we gonna have a near-death experience? I mean, everything’s gone fine-ish so far! Just pointing that out, because it seems important!

Anyway, for the choices;
Intuitive,
Phytochemist,
Shaken,
Direct Link.

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - Fellow - 07-22-2018

(07-22-2018, 04:42 PM)Thalia V1 Wrote: »Now hold on, guys, consider the following:
Why does the “Shaken” ability exist? Are we gonna have a near-death experience? I mean, everything’s gone fine-ish so far! Just pointing that out, because it seems important!

Well we have a bunch of combat abilities(Cannoneer, drunken master) but we're not getting those either. I think a near death experience might happen if we lose a fight. We might also be able to prevent combat based misery by hiring someone strong.

Also I just remembered we haven't used our copier ability today. Is there any drink we might want to copy before the day ends?

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - kilozombie - 07-24-2018

[Image: QIiOsqO.png]
[Image: Ce4bsnD.png]

You have picked the skills Intuitive, Phytochemist, Collaborative and Perfectionist.
You'll find these abilities, as well as the Unshaken's abilities, in a handy new tab above Orders!

The bar is still. As the gentle piano and jazzy drum of Greensleeves continues playing along, and moonlight seeps through slats in the dusty windows, the Starwood Bough is a slightly noisy shelter from the wispy, wind-filled landscape outside. The lights have come on automatically, though they don't illuminate the bar much, leaving you across the counter from Laren, washing a dirty cup as you're both lit up by a single well-placed lamp.

You take a long sigh. It's fine that they left without paying. Things are on the up and up-- and hey, you leveled up! That's a much cooler achievement.

[Image: WZ8iWTK.png]
[Image: zRocwfV.png]

Laren lowers her brow a little. She continues eating and drinking-- now with some more pace, thanks to the quietness of the bar.

[Image: Y551Xny.png]
[Image: Yqpk2fm.png]

She shrugs. Absentmindedly, after finishing cleaning a cup, you activate the Unshaken to generate a copy of Nadezhda's drink from earlier in the evening-- the Antimatter Ale, with its quintessential ingredient. You keep it in the Unshaken, for now.

[Image: l1gUUeX.png]
[Image: ACqRbyq.png]
[Image: Rb939Fe.png]
[Image: hIMf9oe.png]
[Image: BbHN7qU.png]
[Image: O5tje4W.png]
[Image: jo3nUin.png]

You lean forth, your eyes growing sympathetic.

[Image: SkII67J.png]

She stiffens up a little, going upright.

[Image: ThjHJZL.png]
[Image: elJzSGl.png]

Seems like a tough question. But maybe there's time for tough questions, in these wee hours of the night. Is there anyplace else for you to go?

Cup status: 1 occupied (Laren's Iced Haze) 5 dirty (Antimatter Ale, Matterless Mash, TDMB, Bright and Air-ly, INTY), 1 broken, 2 free
Meloncup status: 1 dirty (HH)
Plate status: 1 occupied (Laren's MSD), 1 dirty (The Sate Catsberry), 2 free
Mug status: 1 dirty (Mulled Again Mulligan), 1 free

AbilitiesShow

OrdersShow

[Image: RWXWGt6.png]

[Image: Xp0SO7C.png]
[Image: wSBqhR9.png]
[Image: g2sUeVh.png]
Author's NotesShow

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - Reyweld - 07-24-2018

Start washing cups.

"What do you want to do? I can't tell you how to live your life, but you seem like you've been running away from it this whole day. Are you really happy being here?"

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ - 07-24-2018

laren you spent literally all day at a bar. you don't like it out there

RE: You Wake Up In A Bar - Schazer - 07-24-2018

You don't really have any idea how long you'll be here yourself, but tell Laren you hope you can make your establishment a pleasant little harbor of acceptable weirdness for them.