Eagle Time
The Grand Battle [Game Over!] - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Grand Battles (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: The Grand Battle [Game Over!] (/showthread.php?tid=686)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Dragon Fogel - 08-14-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Robust Laser - 08-14-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

Dragon Fogel Wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Dragon Fogel - 08-14-2009

"She stopped! We might just have a chance!" Emily moved in closer to the vehicle. But their luck didn't last; Alcarith soon got back in.

"Damn! How much longer do we have?"

"Estimate... thirteen... seconds... to detonation..."

"Then I guess I'll have to try something." Emily focused on the section of the vehicle that the vacuum had pointed out to her earlier. She created a barrier, but instead of surrounding the whole vehicle, she attempted to only surround that small section, separating it from the rest. The metal Aeon had used for camouflage flew off, and the bomb was plainly visible beneath it.

Alcarith heard the noise behind her, and turned to look. She saw the bomb. Seven seconds remained. She looked around and saw Emily and Eximo some distance away.

That bomb is everyone else's best chance to get out of here, she thought. And there's no way I can get it on anyone else in seven seconds... make that six.

She smashed a hole in the cockpit behind her, then grabbed the bomb. The chunk of Lutherion's flesh fell off it as she did. Four seconds remained.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Aryogaton - 08-14-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by Aryogaton.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - GBCE - 08-15-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by Draykon.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Aryogaton - 08-15-2009

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Robust Laser - 08-15-2009

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Aryogaton - 08-15-2009

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Robust Laser - 08-15-2009

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Dragon Fogel - 08-15-2009

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - GBCE - 08-17-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by PawntoD4.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Robust Laser - 08-17-2009

Okay, I'm actually writing now. SUPER RESERVED.

Dragon Fogel Wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Robust Laser - 08-17-2009

Alcarith looked at the other players in the distance, and sighed. She barely had time to do this, even, as the timer was at two seconds. At the very least, one of the others would have the chance of escaping.
One.
Zero.

In the distance, all of the other players could see it quite clearly. It was a large explosion, and the warmth from it was able to be felt throughout the entire dimensional loop. When the flames and smoke cleared, there was no trace of the dragon. Strangely enough, the players found themselves still falling. Except now the ground seemed to be getting closer. The timer seemed to have also triggered an ending of the loop, somehow, because one by one, the buildings were smashing to pieces as they hit the ground. As the players got closer and closer, everything suddenly went dark.

One of them men in the room stood up and thanked the others for the chance to join in on this tournament.
The Director spoke, "Well, it seems it wasn't in your favour this time, was it, Fate?"
"Ah, well. Was good while it lasted. Be sure to contact me to say who won."
"You know you won't have any idea what I'm talking about when I do."
"I'm fully aware."
He gave a chuckle as he left the room.

The competitors found themselves in a new place. A small village, totally wrecked everywhere. This time, the Director decided to pipe in.
"Welcome to Killville! This is a place that I just had to have in my own pocket dimension, it just has so much... history. You would have thought that the previous inhabitants of this place would have figured something would happen, what with the name of their town, but they didn't. For you see, this place was a battle ground between humans, werewolves, and vampires! Every day the townsfolk would vote to kill somebody, and they hoped that person was a werewolf or a vampire! It was delightfully morbid. In the end, the humans of the town came out victorious, and they decided to leave, to get rid of the bad history that plagued it, so I took that opportunity to snatch it up. There might still be a few things going around here, so I'd be careful."

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Dragon Fogel - 08-17-2009

The blood in the streets took most of the combatants by surprise. Lutherion simply laughed. The blood had been there for some time, and so it was too discolored to trigger his phobia.

Eximo, meanwhile, was very clear on what to do.

"The cleansing must be completed."

It sped over to the blood. Skeletal arms produced a mop and a bucket of water, which began cleaning up the mess.

To the others, the vacuum simply seemed to be going back to its regular routine. But inwardly, Eximo was despondent over its failure to complete the cleansing of the previous arena. It was determined not to repeat that disaster.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - GBCE - 08-18-2009

Emily covered her mouth. The smell of blood in this place was making her sick. She quickly dashed into the nearest building hoping to get away from it.
Luckily she had run into the bakery. Even thought the scent of blood was still strong, the smell of dough seemed to make it bearable. However Emily still couldn't keep herself from vomitting.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - Aryogaton - 08-18-2009

SpoilerShow

Aeon surveyed his surroundings, trying to avoid showing any sign of disgust. He failed. Nevertheless, he began to see what could prove useful. Nearby he could see a long trail of knives, which would make for suitable secondary weapons. The many nearby buildings can easily serve as ambush sites or hiding spots. He noted that he should memorize the layouts of the buildings in order to gain an advantage.

Aeon turned to the other contestants. The vacuum was already beginning to clean the area; it will obviously be quite busy during this round. There was no sign of neither Emily nor Amethyst, and Lutherion was pinning Nathan to a nearby wall, mocking him.

"Butterknife boy! *sniff* you smell of... you smell of fear. What are you going to do this time, eh? This is my KINGDOM! Death, glorious death everywhere! You can't run, you can't hide from me anymore. What's that I hear? Goody-goody Emily will protect you from Lutherion's scary bones? In case you haven't noticed, she ran away in fear! FEAR OF ME, AHEHAHEAHAEHEHA!!!"

Aeon took this moment to leave the scene. He stopped by the knives, and picked up a few, just in case.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - Dragon Fogel - 08-18-2009

SpoilerShow

Originally posted on MSPA by OddGuy.

As soon as everyone was transported to the new area, Lutherion pinned Nathaniel to the wall and started mocking how weak Nathaniel was and cackling, Nathaniel almost vomiting from the combined stench of the blood and Lutherion's rotting flesh and rancid breath.

"Get off!," Nathaniel cried, taking his knife and blindly swinging it in the area where Lutherion was once standing. Lutherion jumped back, avoiding the knife but still getting cut by the shockwaves. Even so, he never stopped that unearthly laugh, which only got louder as the knife began to take effect on Nathaniel's arm.

Although it took him a few seconds of obliviousness for him to notice, Nathaniel's arm was now bent in three directions, ivory bones sticking out at the points where the arm had broken, making a sort of grotesque accordion with the arm that had bee holding the knife. After noticing the shape of his arm, the pain registered, and Nathaniel fell to the ground convulsing, curled into a ball.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - Aryogaton - 08-18-2009

As Aeon heard Nathan screaming, he stopped midstep, and looked behind him.

What... the...?

Emily looked up as she heard the sound of Lutherion cackling and Nathan screaming. Looks like that demon had started his hunting early. It was too bad she didn't have more time to acclimate to this horrible environment.
She began saying a healing chant for Nathan hpefully enough to heal his arm soon. She then readied her shield and headed outside.
Lutherion was still laughing at Nathan as he convuled on the ground in pain. However he did notice that Nathans arm wasn't quite as broken as it was before. "That won't do now," he said as he smashed Nathans other arm repeatedly cackling as it cracked.
He was so preoccupied that he didn't notice Emily charging at him full force. Emily kept up the chant as she pushed him off of Nathan and into the nearest wall.

Originally posted on MSPA by dexexe1234.

"He- hey! Whats up with that... armmm... blood. ARGH!!" Lutherion dashed away, running from Nathan, Emily following him.

"I-its o-ok Luther!! HEHAHahhaeha...he... Ugh! i need to hide... To... Think! I got it!" Lutherion bends his wightmaw arm around, unleashing white smoke. It lifted, and he stood with a drill form on his arm! "This will do nicely! Ill need to find the bacon lady! All this death is making me... HUNGRY!!! AHEHAHAHAEAH!!!"

He looked back and saw Emily: "Ahhh! There you are! Now, if youll excuse me..."
He smashed the drill into the ground, it started to spin, Emily readied her shield, but suddenly the whole area just sprung into white smoke!

He disappeared.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - Dragon Fogel - 08-18-2009

Eximo finished cleaning up the large pool of blood outside the courthouse. The stench was much weaker now, at least in the immediate area; there was still a lot of blood around town, of course, but at least anyone near the courthouse wouldn't find it so overpowering.

Not that this really mattered to Eximo. It couldn't smell anything, although it could detect improvements in the air quality. What mattered was that the cleansing was underway once more. It turned its attention to the bakery entrance; there was a pile of vomit there, which the vacuum judged to be rather recent.

"If left unattended, vomit will harden. Removal will become more difficult. Other sources of liquid filth have already dried up, and removal will not become significantly more difficult with further time. It will be more efficient to cleanse the vomit first." Eximo wheeled itself over to the bakery as it recited its analysis. Once it arrived, it began cleaning up Emily's vomit.

Originally posted on MSPA by Draykon.

Amethyst walked up the western alleyway. The turrets were making her nervous, they were completely conventional technology. Without a thorough analysis, she couldn't detect anything more than the presence of a functional gun, and thermal sensors. Even if she determined the exact process, she wasn't actually sure of her own state. Her body was radioactive, but it was a magical energy, would that affect the sensors? She couldn't say for sure.

She reached what seemed to be some sort of town square, noting the courthouse to be more clean looking. She could also make out Eximo beginning to leave.
"Excuse me, Vacuum cleaner."
Eximo stopped, turning around slightly. Amethyst motioned towards the courthouse.
"Has the cleansing for this structure been completed?"
"Preliminary cleansing has. The remainder of the area has been judged to be of higher priority. Return to this structure has been scheduled following the preliminary cleansing of the remainder of the town. Use of this structure for the time being will not interfere with the cleansing."
Amethyst nodded, and began to walk inside. However she was stopped, as Eximo continued.
"In the future, please refer to this unit as 'Eximo Pulvis'."
"Will 'Eximo' be sufficient?"
"It will. Thank you, have a nice day. Hail Konka Rar!"
Reciting its parting words, the vacuum moved on. Amethyst smiled, she wasn't sure why, but she was beginning to hold a sort of strange respect for the vacuum. Perhaps it was a symbol of how dark magic had been used for such peaceful purposes. In truth, she had never seen any form of nondestructive magic.

The inside of the courthouse sparkled. Everything was in complete order, as though any second, a judge would enter, and decide the fate of another human.
But no human stood within the courthouse.
"I have in the past sacrificed my humanity. Because of this, I have given up all rights granted to 'humans' by the legal system. In that sense I am without rights. The humans of my world have chosen to view me as a peer, and return to me those rights. However, I am no longer in my world, and among few humans. Therefore this courthouse is no longer a place where I may be with peers. I am... below human."
"Kahaha! Is that really what goes through your little head?! That's almost as twisted as me! But not in nearly as awesome a way."
Silhouetted against a large stained glass window, was at first glance, an angel. But it was more gruesome than that, its flesh torn and decayed, its wings mere skeletons, and its right arm some twisted mass of bone. Lutherion leapt down, and faced Amethyst.
"Just to make it clear little girl, if you're 'below human,' you're down there with the worms in the dirt."
Amethyst remained calm and expressionless.
"Fitting, it is us worms who decay dead men such as yourself."
"WAhahah! What happened to 'Among the living, therefore alive'?!"
"I am merely continuing your metaphor, in actuality the life or death status of Lutherion is irrelevant. You are nothing more than his shadow, somehow animated by his broken magical legacy."
"OOOOOH?! And just how do you get off saying that?! You don't know a thing about me!"
Amethyst grinned slightly.
"Nathan has informed me I should attempt more simple speech patterns. I suppose, to say it as I believe I would have some time ago..."

She raised her arms, three crystals raised behind her, bursting into flames, lightning, and a strange green light, pointing at Lutherion.
Amethyst spoke in a tone almost mocking her original, a kind of twisted monotone arrogant teenager.
"I am simply fucking with you. Now please die you sick bastard."

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - Aryogaton - 08-21-2009

SpoilerShow
Aeon apporached Nathan, still on the floor, but looking better. He could see Emily nearby, presumably sustaining the healing aura.

"Now how did this happen?"

"I tried to use my knife and missed."

"Oh."

Aeon kneeled down, and offered one of the knives he picked up to Nathan.

"Here, try this. It will hurt you less."

Nathan sighed. Although the pain had subsided, his arm was still horribly mangled. "It's not fair. Your weapon caters to your every whim, but mine hurts me more than my enemies. I'm obviously the weakest person here. Even if I were to survive to the final fight, I wouldn't stand a chance against any of you one-on-one. I will spend the rest of my life, however short it may be, fighting for my life againbst powerful magi."

"...

No, not every whim."

"Huh?"

"The laws of physics cannot be broken. Manipulated, yes, but not broken. When I use my weapon, energy must be consumed. If someone were to use the device without care, they would normally be drained to the point of collapse. I found a loophole in that rule, and that is why I can use it without repercussions. That knife also has some sort of loophole; you just need to find it. Likewise, this 'game' has some sort of loophole, of which you can exploit and survive, regardless of the outcome of the round."

Aeon stood up and left Nathan to muddle about. He took refuge in a nearby deserted building with a line of sight into the courthouse, where Lutherion and Amethyst were in conflict.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 3! Killville!] - GBCE - 08-21-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by dexexe1234.

SpoilerShow