Eagle Time
Lucidstuck I - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Adventures and Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Lucidstuck I (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - wiltingMyosotis - 04-30-2016

(04-29-2016, 02:20 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »
(04-29-2016, 01:54 PM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »....
> 2
We should save Alice for last, in my opinion. She's what the kids call unstable. =)
(+1 unlurked observer. Ignore me as I return to my lurking position.)

I think you meant option one, option 2 is daydream's, and welcome to the nightmare!
Oh yeah, we did, oops! Sorry and thanks aboat that.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 04-30-2016

(04-29-2016, 11:49 PM)ActivelyAnonymous Wrote: »My meme senses are tingling...
SpoilerShow
And (one of) the original we all love for comparison...
SpoilerShow

Obligatory soundtrack:
SpoilerShow
mwahtermelon

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 04-30-2016

SpoilerShow
Omg that's perfect, I hadn't gotten the joke before even tho the sentence sounded familiar XDDDDD
also, more fanart : P after a 2 year hiatus did another member of the dreamer Pantheon

[Image: Advisor%20of%20Doom_zpsn95fkbe8.png]

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 04-30-2016

SpoilerShow

=>

[Image: wEX7upo.png]

You enter Derrick's house bubble and find yourself in front of it. The green mist is from Mephita you remember. She was wheezing and you and the others had to escape. Not not quite sure how to get rid of this safely...

Show ChatlogShow

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Xindaris - 04-30-2016

Piper has the ability to arbitrarily fully heal Emily every "turn", right? Maybe they could just use that repeatedly.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ActivelyAnonymous - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 06:35 PM)Xindaris Wrote: »Piper has the ability to arbitrarily fully heal Emily every "turn", right? Maybe they could just use that repeatedly.

While that would keep healing Emily, wouldn't Piper also take damage? Any pangolin-shaped gas masks?

Panur, this latest addition to that series is great! If you made a whole set, I would print them and hang them on my wall, that's how gr8 they are.
Also, iP, why are you drawing Lucas smiling?? I thought sad-Lucas-stuck was all the rage now!Melonspa

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 04-30-2016

What do you guys think about

Emily: Use your shirt to cover your mouth and nose to try and minimize how much poison you breath in. Run to the pantry as fast as you can and then head into the forts.

The forts should be free of poison and we could take the shortcut up to Derrick's room, which is where Mephita should be.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 04-30-2016

>Emily: Depending on your health, healing, and how much damage the poison causes you might be able heal each other enough to survive and get through the poison into a fort, travel from there to get some black creation stone and make a gas mask, then proceed from there. Be careful if you decide to do that, there still might be monsters in there.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Fellow - 04-30-2016

Perhaps the gas isn't present on higher dream levels?

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 07:40 PM)Fellow Wrote: »Perhaps the gas isn't present on higher dream levels?

We have no easy way to move dream levels though.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - juddy555 - 04-30-2016

>Hmm, well isn't this a dream? Why not just go *POOF* MASK and be done with it? Plus you are different from the others in this dream world, whats to say the full rules apply to you.
>Use you shirt as a filter I suppose.

(04-30-2016, 07:44 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »We have no easy way to move dream levels though.

Hmm, I guess sleeping on the porch would be a bad idea.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - FurryKittens - 04-30-2016

SpoilerShow

Good points. However, it seems like guardians are actually vulnerable before they start dreaming: https://mspfanventures.com/?s=3039&p=1584

Lucia: So what do you think of Archadia? What was it trying to do?
Kalem: Trying to body snatch is what!
Kalem: Poor Lexii is vulnerable right now...
Kalem: Some freak can waltz in her bedroom, attack her, and she'd be locked up in here with me.
Kalem: While some evil bastard roams around in her body, never to be seen again.

But that doesn't really fit well with the Raziel thing, since she couldn't have conjured him while not properly dreaming. And also, the "never to be seen again" part does seem to imply the evil bastard wouldn't return to the dreamworld at night.

I like your document though! Very interesting, especially all the weird eye symbolism that seems to follow Lucia everywhere. Is the whole Narren is Garry's sister thing still a thing people believe as well?

Anyway, >Emily: Discuss how long you could survive in the poison cloud, and ask if Piper can send you to a deeper dream level to help you get closer to Mephita

I can't remember if that is just a Bambino/Ira thing or if all the conjurations have that ability. I think we can get out of the deeper level by repeating the last thing she said though, so traveling to the fort near Mephita or just going to the bedroom directly should work if she can survive a short time in the poison cloud. If not, does anyone know any rock jokes?

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 04-30-2016

how about:

>Emily: Boo for some help, the reapers may have better intel or suggestions about how to actually get into the house quickly.

maybe we could break Derrick's window? supposedly mephita is inside and the door closed, so the poison inside would be really concentrated, clearing it up a bit may be the best bet to lower the amount of it, problem is that it would make derrick's room visible to monsters and shit.... could the reapers help us go to another non poisoned level? and then back up? we could have the find bambino

ps: also, AA, thank you for the kind words ;A; I most likely will, it'll just take me awhile because of slow +easily distracted

(04-30-2016, 08:28 PM)Panur Wrote: »maybe we could break Derrick's window? supposedly mephita is inside and the door closed, so the poison inside would be really concentrated, clearing it up a bit may be the best bet to lower the amount of it, problem is that it would make derrick's room visible to monsters and shit.... could the reapers help us go to another non poisoned level? and then back up? we could have the find bambino
A reaper could hit Emily to a different dream level, though I fear if we're wrong and the gas is also on lv 2 and onward, a reaper could seriously hurt themselves trying to get down.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 04-30-2016

>Emily: before entering, ask piper how your priestess of affliction powers could aid you on this, maybe a ward that repels the noxious gas?
>Emily & Piper: if you enter, try to hold your breath for as long as you can, to reduce the damage.

also: adorable meme AA
also: great work pan, really exited to see the other characters

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Lylac - 05-01-2016

(04-30-2016, 08:44 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Emily: before entering, ask piper how your priestess of affliction powers could aid you on this, maybe a ward that repels the noxious gas?
>Emily & Piper: if you enter, try to hold your breath for as long as you can, to reduce the damage.

also: adorable meme AA
also: great work pan, really exited to see the other characters

seconding, but

>Emily: wrap piper in your jacket let her heal you continuously.

Piper heals emily as she takes damage, emily heals piper for less hp. the jacket will make this last a little longer.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 05-01-2016

Can Emily even heal yet?

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Fellow - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 05:36 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Can Emily even heal yet?
Emily had unshakeable resolve when mephita came in the house and she didn't have piper with her yet. If we're unlucky, though, the skill won't work on poison damage, or there'll be a monster in derrick's house taking advantage of the fog.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 05-01-2016

Hey IP, i know you already have a "manager", but i'mm gonna go ahead and undercut them by bouncing around an idea. So just tell me what you think ^^

Soo, basically Twitch saves past replays now with the audio auto-removed when it registers as copyrighted.
Problem is, those past replays get deleted after a while.

So my idea was, why not use a browser addon like Flash Video Downloader to download the already-edited video files and then straight-up upload them to a YouTube account!

It would do wonders for your exposure (since YouTube's alogs also count frequency of new uploads towards promoting your content) and this is indeed a technique used by a lot of pro artists to get them more views. Including Shadman (who draws only pinups and a LOT of nsfw content) and even video-game commentators like MatPat who now stream playthrough sessions in addition to their main videos.

I mention this because, sadly, searching for Lucidstuck on YouTube turns up no relevant content :/

One thing to keep in mind with YouTube though is, do NOT use your real home-address when registering your "creator studio" account, since anyone filing a takedown notice on one of your videos will get access to that info.

Oh yeah, and expect fraudulent takedown notices and douchebags outright stealing ad-revenue by filing fraudulent copyright claims :I

SpoilerShow

But hey man, views are views :o

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 07:43 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »Hey IP, i know you already have a "manager", but i'mm gonna go ahead and undercut them by bouncing around an idea. So just tell me what you think ^^

Soo, basically Twitch saves past replays now with the audio auto-removed when it registers as copyrighted.
Problem is, those past replays get deleted after a while.

So my idea was, why not use a browser addon like Flash Video Downloader to download the already-edited video files and then straight-up upload them to a YouTube account!

It would do wonders for your exposure (since YouTube's alogs also count frequency of new uploads towards promoting your content) and this is indeed a technique used by a lot of pro artists to get them more views. Including Shadman (who draws only pinups and a LOT of nsfw content) and even video-game commentators like MatPat who now stream playthrough sessions in addition to their main videos.

I mention this because, sadly, searching for Lucidstuck on YouTube turns up no relevant content :/

One thing to keep in mind with YouTube though is, do NOT use your real home-address when registering your "creator studio" account, since anyone filing a takedown notice on one of your videos will get access to that info.

Oh yeah, and expect fraudulent takedown notices and douchebags outright stealing ad-revenue by filing fraudulent copyright claims :I

SpoilerShow

But hey man, views are views :o

I support this idea, it's a good way to preserve the streams for future viewing, and possibly gathering new audience.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 05-02-2016

streaming unrelated stuff, but if anyone wants to join I'll be here for a while: https://www.twitch.tv/intrepidpioneer

Thanks for watching!

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 05-02-2016

another command idea
>Emily: is that piece of rope you have long enough to use it to climb to derrick's room?

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TravitheParasite - 05-02-2016

It was fun watching the stream with you all, officially unlurking as of right now :)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ForestGardener - 05-03-2016

Welcome TravitheParasite! The hivemind is growing.

Perhaps it's too late and iP has already selected a/some suggestion/s, but here goes anyway.
Knowns:
Piper is able to heal whoever she's riding on to full health every 'turn'. As the Priestess of Affliction, Emily takes half damage and the other half is distributed equally to nearby allies as healing (yes, she is a tank/healer). Inanimate things present on any given dream level are also present on all higher-numbered dream levels. The poison is not in the fort system.

I second asking Piper if Emily has any useful abilities at this time, wrapping Piper in the jacket as a filter, having Piper heal Emily often, and beelinining to the Old Fort. Then say hi to Ruu if she's awake, assess the need for a gas mask, and go to the Black Creation Stone regardless because I'm sure we all have stuff we want to do with it.