Eagle Time
The Grand Battle [Game Over!] - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Grand Battles (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: The Grand Battle [Game Over!] (/showthread.php?tid=686)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - btp - 08-04-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by bobthepen.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Aryogaton - 08-04-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by Aryogaton.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Dragon Fogel - 08-04-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by Dragon Fogel.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - GBCE - 08-04-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by PawntoD4.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

Amethyst headed for the restauarant to meet up with Emily and Nathn. Not to mention she still needed to check on the pinball machine.
When she got there she saw Nathan was playing the pinball machine nonstop and obviously had been for a long time. Th erecord currently show 900058.
Suddenly it struck her. The games score could be made lower if it went full circle. It looked like Nathan was close to achieving this.
Emily looked up and noticed the demon girl had entered the room. "What do you want, Girl?"
"I'm trying to synchronize the fall rates of the buildings. I need your help to find the one in the barn."
Emily nodded and turned to the boy. "I'm sorry but I can't leave Nathan alone. He's too weak to survive if attacked."
"Then I'll watch him. You're the only other person here with the proper skill to search for a device like this. I have been unable to find it so you have to start looking. Don't worry. I will not harm Nathan."
Emily could tell she was being honest, but she still didn't trust the demon. "Fine. But if I come back and there's even a scratch on him I will not hesitate to end this rather shaky alliance." With that she headed out of the restaurant and toward the barn.
On her way she noticed the strange vacuum demon was heading for Alcarith. She didn't look like she would be able to defend herself properly while on that machine, so Emily created a barrier around the vacuum and began the life draining spell. Hopefully it would work. She had never tested it on a half machine.

Eximo was about to reach the vehicle, when Emily's barrier surrounded it and stopped it in its tracks. From here, it could see the bomb's display, which now read 2:25.

Eximo took out one of its strange tools and struck at the barrier in hopes of escaping, but it was ineffective. The life drain began to have a noticeable effect; it was slowed down by Eximo's mechanical parts, but the organic components were definitely growing weaker.

Eximo could do nothing but watch helplessly as the vehicle flew off.

"The cleansing may never be complete now."

Originally posted on MSPA by Draykon.

Amethyst blankly stared at the machine, occasionally moving a small crystal she had placed inside the machine, saving the small metal ball from falling off into the "miss zone." It was a far more direct means of cheating than Emily's focus enhancements, but Amethyst didn't see the device as a game. The score now read 932184. It would be some time before it would return to the initial value.
"ETA until the detonation of the initial explosive device is now at 2.3 minutes. Analysis of Lutherion's casting methods has been interrupted and most likely will not continue. Analysis of Eximo Pulvis' data concluded some time ago, calculating him to be exactly as he appears. Analysis of this closed space also concluded earlier, confirming my initial theory of a looping structure. My personal intuition suggests the larger explosion caused by the unstable gravitational influence devices will occur within approximately 3 minutes."
Completely out of nowhere, Amethyst had spouted everything she had determined from her scans.
"And why are you telling me all that?"
"This information was beneficial to my assessment of the situation."
She looked down, somewhat disappointed,
"I was hoping it would be beneficial to you as well."
Nathan kept playing,
"It might be, if I could actually understand anything you were saying."
"I see, I apologize if my method of communication has been difficult to understand."
On the machine, the ball fell down into the miss zone, ending the game at 957271 points. Nathan turned towards Amethyst, slightly annoyed.
"But if I may conclude my explanation of the situation, the explosive device is in the near vicinity of the dragonness. In approximately 2 minutes, we will most likely be pulled out of this space, and 'Round 3' will begin."

Emily was forced to stop the draining enchantment in order to keep the barrier up. Fortunately it looked like Alcarith had gotten away.
The spell seemed to have a much more powerful effect on the vacuum than she suspected. It was probably time to finish it off. She enter the barrier and and put her hand on it to begin the healing. It was surprisingly less hostile than most of her enemies. However it seemed sad for some reason.

"The... cleansing..."

The words weakly came out of Eximo's vocal processor. Emily had to admit it was strange to see a demon so obsessed with something that didn't involve death and destruction. She probably would have left it alone a bit longer, had it not suddenly decided to attack Alcarith.

"Estimate... one minute... fifty seconds... to detonation..."

"What?" This took Emily aback. Did this bizarre abomination know something about the bomb?

"Lifeform... better suited... to achieving primary objective... this unit... unnecessary... one minute... forty-three seconds..."

Emily was shocked. It was hard to understand, but it sounded like the vacuum cleaner had been trying to save Alcarith by attaching the bomb to itself. But... a demonic machine, thinking in such away? That made no sense.

There isn't much time. I might be able to slay this demon first, and then we'd escape before the bomb went off... But it would be close, and if I failed, her death would be on my conscience. The thoughts rushed through Emily's head. No, this device will have to wait. There might still be a chance to save the dragon-girl, if I act now...

"Demon!" Emily shouted at Eximo. "Did you see where her vehicle went? Quickly, there isn't much time!"

Weakly, Eximo pulled out a bony arm, and pointed the way Alcarith's vehicle had gone.

"That... direction... one minute... twenty-nine seconds..."

"Then we'd better hurry."

Emily directed the barrier towards the machine. I pray I can make it in time, she thought.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - GBCE - 08-06-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by Draykon.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Aryogaton - 08-06-2009

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Robust Laser - 08-06-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Aryogaton - 08-07-2009

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Robust Laser - 08-07-2009

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Dragon Fogel - 08-08-2009

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Robust Laser - 08-08-2009

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Aryogaton - 08-10-2009

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - GBCE - 08-10-2009

Originally posted on MSPA by dexexe1234.

Nathan started a new game on the pinball machine. Its like he is obsessed with it. Up around the 50.000 points, a bump came from the floor below him! Then, two more bumps! Amethyst reacted "Nathan, move away!" "No! i have to do this!" He replied.

Then, a bump came under Amethyst, "i know who it is..." She said. She lifted her arm and her crystals flew out into the room and took different positions around it. "I am ready for you, Lutherion!"

A third bump came, and then a shriek came from the outside! Nathan shook a little and Amethyst looked out the window: she saw Emily, bleeding and flying towards the restaurant on the shield, while Eximo is rushing after her, alot of arms reaching out with all sorts of weapons and sharp tools! "you must be cleansed!" The vacuum said.

Emily got to the door of the restaurant, Amethyst saw the opportunity, and hurled a crystal out, piercing Eximo. "S-sh-she-she... m-must... b-eb-b-ebe-be... clea-CLEANSED!!!... beep!" It fell down, no longer operational.

Emily stepped in, panting and dripped in blood. She ran to Amethyst, grapped her an shouted: "THANK YOU!!! Oh by the light i thought i was dead! He just went nuts after i tried to heal him! Im so glad to be alive..." Her voice changed: "Oh, and surprise!" She looked at Amethyst, still grapping her more than a hug, then her face went black, a puff of smoke filled their immediate surroundings, and when they lifted, a ghastly feminine figure was holding her, her arms made almost only outta spikes!

"Deary, i didnt think it would be this easy!" The floor infront of her burst up, and Lutherion jumped through and landed in the room. "Now, miss Pincer! SQUISH THE RASPBERRY GIRL!!!" He grinned his foul psychotic grin. "HEHAHEHEHAHAA!!!"

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Robust Laser - 08-10-2009

Go ahead, reserve. I'm not officially making the ending until I post a reserve myself. The more I have to work with for the ending, the better anyway.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Dragon Fogel - 08-11-2009

Emily didn't think they were going to make it. Alcarith's vehicle was in sight, but unless she changed course, they wouldn't catch up in time.

"Where's the bomb? I don't see it." Emily wondered if the vacuum had tricked her; it didn't seem intelligent enough for that, but she didn't trust a demon to be all that it appeared.

"It is... covered by... filth. On top of the... chassis... behind the... cockpit..." Eximo responded, still weak from Emily's attack.

"I don't see any 'filth' there. How could you possibly make it out from this distance?"

"This unit's... visual sensors... can detect filth... and filter it... for comparison..." Eximo gasped. "Estimate... one minute... three seconds..."

Emily wasn't quite sure what that answer meant, but there wasn't really time to consider it. If she was going to save Alcarith, she'd have to think of something, fast.

SpoilerShow

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Aryogaton - 08-13-2009

Aeon saw Alcarith's vehicle vanish from sight a few moments ago. Presumably it was still visible from the perspective of the restaurant, but not to him.

A few second later, Aeon heard a knocking at the door. He opened it, taking a guess at who was behind it. Alcarith. This might be a problem...

"Hello. I couldn't help but notice that you left the scene some time ago," Alcarith said as she entered the room. Aeon could see the vehicle just a few feet away from him, outside.

"Of course, I'm a passive attacker."

"Amazing, isn't it?"

"What?"

"Only a few hours ago we were strangers, minding our own business. Now, we're at each other's throats just because some douchebag tells us to. There has to be an alternative."

"There are loopholes here, yes. But I have deduced that it is best to play the system, rather than try to beat it. Sometimes that makes a better result."

Alcarith did not seem to hear Aeon. "Soon, one of us is going to die. Are you prepared for that?"

"Maybe. Are you? If you were to die in this very round, would you be disappointed?"

"I prepare for the worst. It's how my kind has survived the ages: go for the best, prepare for the worst. If one of us fails, the rest don't linger."

"Touche. It seems, however, that the ones to first die are the weakest. The ghost seemed to be an obvious candidate, really. But, taking everything into account, it seems that I am next. Unlike the rest of you, I have no magical powers or anything of the sort. I'm surprised I didn't die first."

"You certainly displayed an impressive show with the eye and the bleeding sky. And before you ask, I never forget a voice."

Crap. "That was different. It was the arena's doing. That place was haunted, and I simply took advantage of it."

"Hm. It seems you still have a few tricks up your sleeves."

Aeon looked out the window. "Your allies seem to be in danger. Perhaps it is best if you aid them, instead of wasting time talking to me."

"You're right."

Moments later, Alcarith was speeding through the space, headed towards the restaurant. That was close. I estimate the bomb will detonate in only a few seconds.

Re: The Grand Battle [Round 2! Free Falling!] - Robust Laser - 08-13-2009

Alright, the bomb timer tells me that there's not much more room for player writing, so I'm going to officially call STORY RESERVE. Now due to computer problems, I probably won't be on one computer long enough at a time to be able to write a story post soon, so it might be a little wait, but I've almost got everything dealt with, and I'll definitely be able to write then. Sorry if there's a long wait, I'll try to minimize it.