Eagle Time
Lucidstuck I - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Adventures and Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Lucidstuck I (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 04-28-2016

> Preistess of Affliction: Rise up.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Lylac - 04-28-2016

>Emily: You can do this emily, we have faith in you. Don't forget you can back away at any time.

I hope emily can pull through. time travel in dreams isn't really stable enough, so whatever happens to uilos here may affect him in the present. if Emily fails, Uilos may turn into a monster in the present.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 04-29-2016

>Emily: The dude is fucking green, how did you not immediately assume something was up the moment you laid eyes upon him? Like, even from a normal health standpoint green is not okay. He's currently a god tier who's losing his mind and becoming a Lunatic. You specifically can save him with your priestess powers if you can figure it out, but BE. CAREFUL. You can't help anyone if you're dead.

I fucking loathe like how Emily essentially just followed a trail of corpses to find a different looking guy (that she literally JUST MET) and she basically goes "hey buddy, have you seen the only other person I came with?" to him. If this was a horror movie, this would be the point where I start rooting AGAINST the protagonist. At least she's spared me from totally hating her fucking guts by actually having a weapon, because if she went in unarmed I might actually have to kill her myself.

Horror movie tropes make me angry.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TerraTorment - 04-29-2016

I wanted to make sure this operation goes as smoothly as possible, so I dug everything I could about Uilos's monster form.

here's what I found

SpoilerShow

as you can see, these descriptions have discrepancies with the fella we have here, first, he doesn't have white hair like the trees said (they might have been lying, or actually saw lunatic uilos instead of monster uilos, which may have different designs, but the trees did get uilos's actual name correct), second, his skin is green instead of dark brown like dead tree bark, and most important of all! this uilos does not have talons! (at least on the back of his feet, IP cleverly cropped the picture so we wouldn't see his toes), so far the biggest perceivable difference is his hair color.

I have reason to believe that's not uilos.

Also, remember what happened last time a conjuration misteriously vanished? Lucas ended up on a blackout dream.

>Emily: do not approach that creature just yet, say very quietly "Hold on, Piper. Wait up..."

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - juddy555 - 04-29-2016

>Emily: Notice blood.
>Emily: Rethink approaching bloodied looks-like-a-friend-but-might-not-be-one.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ForestGardener - 04-29-2016

Thank you TerraTorment for those links. I disagree though. His skin looks "coarse and blackish brown like dead tree bark" to me, and people change gradually as they assume their monster form. He said his talons/claws were on his fingers, which we do not see, not on his feet. Golden eyes vs darkness eyes suggests that the trees saw an earlier stage of monsterification. His hair color could well have changed since then.

More to the point, the continuation of the first quote:
SpoilerShow

>Emily: Deep down, this is still the nice boy you met minutes ago. Lay a healing hand on him.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 04:02 AM)ForestGardener Wrote: »>Emily: Deep down, this is still the nice boy you met minutes ago. Lay a healing hand on him.

Yes, seconding this. It is our only course of action at this point.

(04-28-2016, 09:55 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »> Preistess of Affliction: Rise up.

Emily's theme-song starts playing:

>Emily: "Uilios, please find within the courage to forgive yourself and the strength to carry on. There is no helping the past, but you CAN help how your future will look."

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - intrepidPioneer - 04-29-2016

Emily: Deep down, this is still the nice boy you met minutes ago. Lay a healing hand on him

[Image: NUVynVH.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: ES65hsr.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: LECwvIW.png]

You place your hand on Uilos' forehead. You're not sure what you're going to do but you imagine all the times you've been given a second chance. It feels good to you, and brings a smile to your face. You notice Uilos shedding tears of blood.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: BzdddxK.png]

Suddenly Uilos' darkened skins and leafy hair flakes off like wood shavings, as if becoming anew.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: haiww0z.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 6fcETpX.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: T90Ajjd.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: ZZgHLqu.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1. Derrick's House
2. Event Horizon

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Panur - 04-29-2016

derricks house

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - wiltingMyosotis - 04-29-2016

> 1
We should save Alice for last, in my opinion. She's what the kids call unstable. =)
(+1 unlurked observer. Ignore me as I return to my lurking position.)

huh! turns out this was our uilos, he did have white hair (kinda), sometimes I get worked up over nothing.

soo Emily thinks Uilos is handsome, totally saw that coming.

save the best for last, >1 go to derrick's house.

(04-29-2016, 01:54 PM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »....
> 2
We should save Alice for last, in my opinion. She's what the kids call unstable. =)
(+1 unlurked observer. Ignore me as I return to my lurking position.)

I think you meant option one, option 2 is daydream's, and welcome to the nightmare!

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Fellow - 04-29-2016

Another vote for the >1 pile.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - TheFoolOfThought - 04-29-2016

I'm not suprised, surely EVERYONE thinks Ulios is handsome?

On a seperate note, I really want to see what shenanigans lay behind door number > 2, so I guess this is me casting my vote.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Lylac - 04-29-2016

hrm, looking at the the bubble to emily's house really does seem to lead to... her house. I may be captain obvious for a minute here, but I think we're heading into a trap if we go to derrick's house first.

> 2, above all we can ask the princess to get gas masks.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - martialAcademic - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 03:00 PM)TheFoolOfThought Wrote: »I'm not suprised, surely EVERYONE thinks Ulios is handsome?

On a seperate note, I really want to see what shenanigans lay behind door number > 2, so I guess this is me casting my vote.

I believe he's Greco Roman and he's a god. I think that should tell you everything you would need to know.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 03:49 PM)Lylac Wrote: »hrm, looking at the the bubble to emily's house really does seem to lead to... her house. I may be captain obvious for a minute here, but I think we're heading into a trap if we go to derrick's house first.

> 2, above all we can ask the princess to get gas masks.

What trap could possibly be even more dangerous than the under trained, just getting to know her powers Emily confronting her murderer who also happens to be pretty much God of this world?

> 1

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Shadowfyst997 - 04-29-2016

Also voting for >1, we should def save Daydream for last.

Speaking of Daydream, what if Daydream is the OI, and the in construct Alice is the real Alice? It could just be toying with us, gathering information by pretending to be friendly. A little unlikely, I know, but a thought nonetheless.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Heyoceama - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 06:15 PM)Shadowfyst997 Wrote: »Also voting for >1, we should def save Daydream for last.

Speaking of Daydream, what if Daydream is the OI, and the in construct Alice is the real Alice? It could just be toying with us, gathering information by pretending to be friendly. A little unlikely, I know, but a thought nonetheless.

I think you meant UI. If that is the case then it's absurdly powerful, being not only able to construct an elaborate illusion but somehow draw us to it and/or anticipating our arrival at it.

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Shadowfyst997 - 04-29-2016

Yeah, that's who meant, don't mind me just woke up XD

But yeah, if the UI IS Daydream, then we're kinda screwed :s

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - neferiusNexus - 04-29-2016

GOTTA GO FAST!

xD

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - Whimbrel - 04-29-2016

Number 1

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - FurryKittens - 04-29-2016

Theory
SpoilerShow

(04-29-2016, 08:28 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »GOTTA GO FAST!

xD

I just about lost it at that part as well
---
Gotta say, that went really smoothly! I guess when you have causality on your side things just tend to work out. Based Lunatic Uilos really delivered with those souls! This new ability sounds incredibly useful for if we run into friendlier monsters.

So does Emily always dream in this anachronistic manner, or is this only in the construct? It kind of makes sense that she gets captured a lot if this is her modus operandi, since she could easily get into a sticky situation.

(04-29-2016, 10:36 PM)FurryKittens Wrote: »Theory
SpoilerShow

xD

I just about lost it at that part as well
---
Gotta say, that went really smoothly! I guess when you have causality on your side things just tend to work out. Based Lunatic Uilos really delivered with those souls! This new ability sounds incredibly useful for if we run into friendlier monsters.

So does Emily always dream in this anachronistic manner, or is this only in the construct? It kind of makes sense that she gets captured a lot if this is her modus operandi, since she could easily get into a sticky situation.

Although this theory would explain alice's strangeness attribute very well, it's probably not the case, the kids only start dreaming at a certain age (Lucia when she was shot and Derrick sometime after) at the point where Lucia and Derrick first meet on the dream world, Alice is not supposed to be dreaming yet, since Alice wasn't dreaming it's impossible that she was possesed before entering the dream world the first time. as stated by Pechal on this page, Alice wasn't supposed to be dreaming yet.
https://mspfanventures.com/?s=3039&p=532
SpoilerShow
as for Daydream, I don't think she was possesed either, if she were she wouldn't know who Derrick and the other kids are, and besides, a kid's conjuration dissapears when they get possesed, the possesor doesn't steal their conjurations, only their body, and I don't think they enter the dreamworld.
also, if you wanna see more theories, you can see what i've come up with here.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oJrl1ncpduba7vJMrHOYolWrjUiiZmSRPzudSV6mjNM/edit?usp=sharing

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - ActivelyAnonymous - 04-29-2016

xD

My meme senses are tingling...
[Image: Vbf5GF3.png]
And (one of) the original we all love for comparison...
SpoilerShow

RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over! - juddy555 - 04-30-2016

Derrick's house because Daydream may not be very friendly toward anyone messing around in her world...
>1