Eagle Time
from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: BAWK BAWK (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Hawkspace (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks (/showthread.php?tid=880)

Pages: 1 2

from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Loather - 10-16-2014

marth

[Image: qML7EH2.gif]
under construction.. more to come!
[Image: qML7EH2.gif]

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Jacquerel - 10-16-2014

greninja~~ ;)

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Schazer - 10-16-2014

*gekkouga~~ ;)

Subs not Dubs yo

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Gatr - 10-16-2014

duck hunt cans

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Infrared - 10-16-2014

MURABITO

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Solaris - 10-16-2014

alright so basics in smashbros are defensive options, you gotta make sure you know the basics, offered to every character, how to avoid attacks

that means the dodge, the air dodge, jumping, running, dashing, and of course, the shield

every character has access to these moves and this is the equalizing playing field that gives every character the potential to rise to the top!!!

now, in smash bros, it isnt just about not getting hit so you dont lost hp, its about not getting hit so you dont fly off the stage, a unique mechanic that adds important to characters with good recovery, which refers to any move that gets them from off the stage, back on it

lighter characters will usually have good recovery, but will be launched off the stage easier! balance,

focusing on the defensive means knowing your options and your opponents options, that is, knowing the strengths and weaknesses of the character you are fighting against and exploiting them while not allowing yours to be exploited, this is the basics of every fight game

an important part of this, even more so in smash bros, is spacing, knowing the distance from which your attacks will hit and your opponents attacks will hit, as in smash bros you can attack in many directions, this means paying quite a bit of attention!

defensive play means moving quickly, thinking fast, and Punishing your opponent for making bad plays

in our next installment i will go over basic offense

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Gnauga - 10-16-2014

basic offense:

take your fingers and put them on your controller
rhythmically press and release the buttons on your controllers using your fingers
repeat until the match is over

advnaced offense:
see basic offense but faster

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Gatr - 10-16-2014

F-Air Down B Lag Cancel Wavedash SHFFL blaster fox on final destination

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Schazer - 10-16-2014

Silly Garuru. You get fair down from a falcon, not from a fox!

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Loather - 10-16-2014

more tips!! more tricks!! cheats and codes!!! all here, from me to you, my fellow gamers.
  • please do not smash attack the counter
  • reflex, reflex, reflex
  • darude- sandstorm. break the targets
  • diet & exercise

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Loather - 10-16-2014

[Image: 770M0sX.jpg]

[Image: W21Ss75.png]

[Image: uLB7uC9.jpg]

[Image: YfJzzUr.jpg]

[Image: eooVupg.jpg]

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Infrared - 10-17-2014

[Image: 25xIL3E.jpg]

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Loather - 10-17-2014

(10-17-2014, 03:21 AM)Infrared Wrote: ยป[Image: 25xIL3E.jpg]

when in doubt, always remember tmocfwiaf; "the most optimal character for wavefiling is always fox"!

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Infrared - 10-17-2014

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Jacquerel - 10-18-2014

how do I unlock snake

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - weirdee - 10-19-2014

common noob mistake: they renamed snake to duck hunt

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Dalmationer - 10-21-2014

i really like palutena.

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Infrared - 11-22-2014

where the tips at

is the new smash pro does it have wavedashing cancel broccoli buffering?

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Dalmationer - 11-22-2014

fly, wario, fly!

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Justice Watch - 11-24-2014

ms paint pac-land is my favorite stage

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Deeborm - 11-24-2014

I am glad some of my incredible skills at Smash Bros might be able to help others!
Here are some basic tips to help improve your game.

-Play as Wii Fit Trainer. Male, if you really want your opponents to suffer. Let's stretch out those legs.
-Play as Olimar. You'll probably lose, but it's okay because more people ought to be Olimar.
-Supposedly, the DK Rap is in the game, but pared down. Disconnect your console immediately if you hear it begin, to avoid a traumatic death.
-Little Mac is a formidable foe, but he has one, glaring weakness: you can also pick Little Mac.
-There are no Rhythm Heaven songs in this game of 400+ songs. In other words, the game is garbage, everyone who worked on it is garbage, everyone who plays it is garbage, welcome to the infinite nightmare of tortured bloodsouls.
-ms paint-land is pretty great, yeah

Note: these tips only apply to the Wii U version, because if you didn't go out and blow $599 on the console and game and accessories and doll, you're just not trying hard enough.

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Godbot - 11-25-2014

Am I the only one who doesn't find it the slightest bit exciting to see Mario run at Mega Man, or Bowser Jr. or whoever in all the trailers? Like, sure, he's the mascot, but what's he actually going to do when he gets there? Ask them to please have an explosively damaging weakness to getting jumped on?

I mean, Link hacks away at stuff with a sword, and Samus shoots things. Even Kirby has his copy abilities, and he at least fights things that fight back. But with Mario, it always feels like the enemies are doing all the work, you know? They do a thing that conspicuously reveals the top of their head, and then you unceremoniously jump on it and they're like AGH, YOU GOT ME, okay now do it two more times

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Jacquerel - 11-25-2014

Mario can shoot fire out of his hands and sometimes wears a fursuit

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Dalmationer - 11-25-2014

mario keeps in shape and is good at sport's

RE: from a smash bro to a smash pro: tips & tricks - Palamedes - 11-25-2014

Mario's fists are strong enough to break brick (but he doesn't use them on anything else because he likes to give his foes a fair chance). Also, his heart will stop if he doesn't conquer a new locale every few minutes like some sort of deranged cross between Jason Statham from Crank and Genghis Khan from history.

Actually SSB would be exactly 150% better to me if as Mario or Luigi you could damage people just by landing on them and they had almost no other attacks.